Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesWoods

Just tried CS 767 with UT2 traffic on i7920 @ 3.7Ghz

Guest JamesWoods

Captain Sim 767 is about as frame rate hungry as pmdg 747, or maybe even just a bit more.But my real problem is the crapy frame rates and massive stutters i get with UT2 traffic injection. Not normally a problem, unless you approaching a busy airport, then the landing becomes a slide show.Think its time for me to go back to TrafficX, UT2 traffic injection is turning my landings at busy airports into a slide show.And i got only 38% commercial traffic / 25% GA. But Still Heathrow airport proved too much for it, my frames were down to 10~9 from locked 30 in cruise.Then i tired landing again from saved flight with UT2 tuned off, and i got a reminder of how smooth FSX used to be before i got into the mess of UT2 traffic injection stutters.When i asked Ut2 support about when a fix coming for Ut2 traffic injection bug, could not get response, they just siad they gona produce a fix, but not when.Even though the AI looks much better in UT2, am still going back to trafficX , i have had enough of UT2 traffic injection stutters.After a few months of UT2, ill say the only good thing about it is the Ai models , After that everything else just makes FSX sluggish Now where did i put that TrafficX license again..................................................................................

When i asked Ut2 support about when a fix coming for Ut2 traffic injection bug, could not get response, they just siad they gona produce a fix, but not when.
What "traffic injection bug" are you speaking about?UT2 runs smoothly and flawless for most of the users.Just make a search and you'll see that almost everyone here enjoy this addon.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I agree with James a little about the UT2 injection. Sometimes its really bad. For what ever reason I seem to be getting more injection pauses now than I did when I first installed UT2. Sometimes I stop traffic completely from the pulldown menue and justy go AI less for the rest of the flight. It's been so many years since I have not flow with AI that I forgot how nice it is just be be alone with no AI running you down on final. It's also amazing how much more performance you get in large hub with no AI.However, I still think that UT2 is still the best AI program I have ever used and has a lot of potential once they get all the little things like that ironed out.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JamesWoods
What "traffic injection bug" are you speaking about?UT2 runs smoothly and flawless for most of the users.Just make a search and you'll see that almost everyone here enjoy this addon.
The makers of UT2 are aware of , and admit to the problem of which i speak, below is a quote from thier forum from one of thier support guys.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In the upcoming service pack, we are going to expose several parameters which will give you control over the traffic injection rate and interval. Hopefully this will minimize or eliminate the problem for you. How much traffic injection pause you experience will depend on the specs for your PC. The initial pause when the session begins will probably not change much. Regards And A link to the thread on UT2 customer forum. Just in case you feel like a read.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=6251----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And if that is not enough i can find you more threads like that here on Avsim, I mean threads from users of the product, not covert promoters of the product.We got a world reccesion going here David, sellers want to sell maximum products, and we buyers looking maximum value, its a conlict of interests.And as long as we have the right to voice our opinion in order to warn or advice others, then each shall freely give his opnion until silenced AGAIN.So David, as you can see from the UT2 forum link i put above, even UT2 support admit to having the problem you say they dont have.Dont get me wroung its a nice product, but heavy stutters on approach to big airports makes it almost unsable for me, thier dynamic traffic injection technology which is not used by any other FSX AI traffic developer is causing major down to 1FPS stutters at busy airports, EVEN WITH LOW TRAFFIC SETTING LIKE 30% commercial traffci on a very fast PC..Other than this major issue, there is no other product that can compete with UT2, but with this problem, i am about to reinstall my TrafficX until they fix the BUG.

Guest JamesWoods
I agree with James a little about the UT2 injection. Sometimes its really bad. For what ever reason I seem to be getting more injection pauses now than I did when I first installed UT2. Sometimes I stop traffic completely from the pulldown menue and justy go AI less for the rest of the flight. It's been so many years since I have not flow with AI that I forgot how nice it is just be be alone with no AI running you down on final. It's also amazing how much more performance you get in large hub with no AI.However, I still think that UT2 is still the best AI program I have ever used and has a lot of potential once they get all the little things like that ironed out.
There are two major problems with UT2, if they can be fixed, the product has no competition for miles1 - Stutters of down to 1FPS from 17 FPS during approach. Its A Slide Show landing at Big Airports2 - Traffic gets reset when you go to FSx menuThese are issues that no other traffic program has got, but UT2 has the best models by faaaaar i do agree.But the very nice UT2 models dont make up for the slide show approach i get at busy airportsEven at 30% commercial traffic its a slide show on i7920@3.7GHZ with nvidia gtx 285.personally i am removing UT2 from my system and going back to TrafficX till they fix the problem. TrafficX models are not nearly as good as UT2, but then i dont fly in AI cockpit, i fly in my VC, which with UT2 is stuttering too much due to dynamic traffic injection technology that is not working.

There are two major problems with UT2, if they can be fixed, the product has no competition for miles1 - Stutters of down to 1FPS from 17 FPS during approach. Its A Slide Show landing at Big Airports2 - Traffic gets reset when you go to FSx menu
You mentioned you were flying the CS767 - do you get the same problems when you fly other aircraft?I don't have these problems with UT2. I can understand David's surprise, since I had also never heard of this before either. However, I am aware that UT2 has it's fair share of bugs, and reading through the forums tells me that some people experience them, and some people don't. The one bug I have personally experienced is the one where if I start in a helicopter, I don't see any AI traffic. For some reason, if I start in a regular aircraft, and switch to a helicopter, then I do see the AI traffic. From reading the boards, it seems that some people have experienced this, but most haven't.I wonder if this is related to your settings at all? Just a thought. I run my i7-920 @ 3.6GHz, but I tend to be conservative with my settings in order to keep the framerate high. I know most overclockers really like the sliders to the far right, so you might try bringing them back a little. Of course, I still notice a hit from AI aircraft, but it definitely doesn't turn into a slide show. I'm not saying that this is causing it, but it might be interesting to check. I realize that when dealing with systems like your, you may not want to compromise on the settings, but that is what FSX is all about - compromise.Anyway, besides the helicopter bug, I haven't had any problems. I hope they get all this fixed one day, but I'm still happy with the product.- Martin

Guest JamesWoods

HiWhen i first installed UT2 i did not like the pause due to traffic injection, but as cmpbells mentioned its seems to have gotten worse recently, maybe its something to do with the patch.I prefer to have a smooth flight, so i am also conservative with the sliders, and other than at busy airports fsx and UT2 are fine.But even at a conservative setting of 30% commercial traffic, i get down to 1fps pauses on approach, then it jumps right back to 17fps. The product is no longer really usable on my system.Obviouslly the only reason that UT2 producers will even go as far as to say they are working on a fix for traffic injection means its not just me and my brother that have the issue.All we trying to find out from UT2 is when they plan to release this fix so that UT2 can be used at big airports.CS767 is an unusually frame rate hungary aircraft, but the UT2 issue i have with every A/c, CS767 just makes the problem much more pronounced.Its not a flightSim if you pausing down to 1fps when UT2 injects traffic ever so often during approach. The only advantage of Ut2 traffic injection that i can see is is that the landing are so much easier, cause you have lots of time to line up at 1fps.

I have noticed alot of stuttering at big airports no matter what aircraft i fly w/ UT2 lately. I have traffic X also so let us know how you frames look w/ Traffic X installed instead of UT2.

Christopher Edwards

The makers of UT2 are aware of , and admit to the problem of which i speak, below is a quote from thier forum from one of thier support guys.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In the upcoming service pack, we are going to expose several parameters which will give you control over the traffic injection rate and interval. Hopefully this will minimize or eliminate the problem for you. How much traffic injection pause you experience will depend on the specs for your PC. The initial pause when the session begins will probably not change much. Regards And A link to the thread on UT2 customer forum. Just in case you feel like a read.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=6251
Thanks for the link James.3 remarks:- Mr "Jaksanfactor" has been banned from Avsim's forums for being rude and not civilized. The way he express his opinion is not for me the best way to be understood.- When Tom Murdock answers "Hopefully this will minimize or eliminate the problem for you" I don't think he speaks to all the users but only to those having a pause problem with the traffic injection. Even without traffic addon, Heathrow is with Amsterdam, Paris and Barcelona the biggest hubs in Europe and FSX engine doesn't like hubs! Obviously every traffic addon will simulate more or less the intensity of these airports and even at 4.5 Ghz you will notice stutters.- I haven't pay attention to a change after the latest update but I probably missed it, I actually only virtual fly in Tongass Fjords! :--) I will give a try in heavy airports, maybe there is a problem I was not aware of but anyway I think that even if you have a high end computer every traffic addon will slow down frames (I've tried them all).Now, when you say "We got a world reccesion going here David, sellers want to sell maximum products, and we buyers looking maximum value, its a conlict of interests. And as long as we have the right to voice our opinion in order to warn or advice others, then each shall freely give his opnion until silenced AGAIN.", I can assure you that no one here will take you the right to voice your opinion as far as you comply with the forums rules! :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

This is really interesting to read. I fly FS9. I did originally switch over to FSX but I reverted back to FS9 because I couldn't fly at major airports with scenery and 100% ai which is a big deal for me. My 5 year old system handles the major hubs just fine in FS9 - not perfect but well enough.Anyway, I have been looking at building a I7 rig for FSX with the hope of being able to fly the way I like it - sliders to the right, full ai and lots of add on scenery. I have also considered buying UT2 but I would be fine using the traffic I already have - some old UT stuff with a menagerie of WofAI and other freeware.What I'm trying to figure out from this thread isIs UT2 the problem or is FSX still unable to produce good results in these situations with the hardware currently available?If I can't run full ai at major airports in FSX it would be a complete waste of money to build a new rig at this point. I would be back to FS9 in a heartbeat.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

If I can't run full ai at major airports in FSX it would be a complete waste of money to build a new rig at this point. I would be back to FS9 in a heartbeat.
There are numerous threads in the hardware section proclaiming the virtues of an overclocked i7-920. I recently made the upgrade from my trusty Q6600, and I have been very happy. The OP was talking about a specific problem with UT2 which was exasperated when he was running the CS 767.Check out the hardware section, or do a search for "i7" or "920". There are many happy upgraders in here - don't let this one topic discourage you.- Martin

Guest JamesWoods
This is really interesting to read. I fly FS9. I did originally switch over to FSX but I reverted back to FS9 because I couldn't fly at major airports with scenery and 100% ai which is a big deal for me. My 5 year old system handles the major hubs just fine in FS9 - not perfect but well enough.Anyway, I have been looking at building a I7 rig for FSX with the hope of being able to fly the way I like it - sliders to the right, full ai and lots of add on scenery. I have also considered buying UT2 but I would be fine using the traffic I already have - some old UT stuff with a menagerie of WofAI and other freeware.What I'm trying to figure out from this thread isIs UT2 the problem or is FSX still unable to produce good results in these situations with the hardware currently available?If I can't run full ai at major airports in FSX it would be a complete waste of money to build a new rig at this point. I would be back to FS9 in a heartbeat.
UT2 is fully the problem in this case, My system is i7920@3.7Ghz. Nvidia GTX285This PC runs FSX like FSX is as light as a feather, everything is smooth and sailing.But no matter how powerfull your PC when you have a addon with fundamentally Buggy code, not even the most powerfull PC in the world can help.IMHO, dont get UT2 till they have fixed this issue of traffic injection causing the sim to pause.TrafficX is a good trafic program, models are not as good as UT2, but atleast you wount get slow motion landing at busy airports.To answer your question, i7920 with OC up 3.6 GHZ runs FSX, like FSX is a baby, even if you push many sliders way up.But not all.I think the problem we having is this continous stream of buggy addon releases for FSX, causing peoples systems to perform less than acceptable.Get yourself a nice i7, and dont install any addon on your system till its been out a while, and you have read the forums.Cause it seems fsx addon producers are releasing very buggy stuff this days.Also i have to exercise caution and say that, some of the newer addons are also pushing the limits of what the CPU can drive, like rex HD textures for example. I sacrifice some Fps for better looking clouds.If you planning on using heavy commercial traffic stay well clear of UT2 for now, the traffic injection pauses do ruin a good flight.When its fixed, along with the traffic being reset when you access menu, then UT2 is the thing to get, cuase its generally FPS friendly until........................traffic gets updated ...then its smooth..... Basically everyhting stops, including your plane when traffic gets updated, otherwise its smooth.Get yourself a really good cpu cooler, cause the more you OC the more FPS you get in FSx, and turn HT off. With HT off you can OC more.If i remove all addons and just run defualt FSX, i can put all sliders to the right and then some. So its the addons that are giving the i7 cpu somne challenge.Some addons are worth the fps hit they give like rex , pMdg, but others are a hiy on fps cause they badly written software, like UT2.You dont need to be genious to know that a flight simulator only works when things move smoothly continously, unlike in a shooting game where stutters are not so noticable. So its suprising that UT2 will adopt a strategy of waiting till you are about to land before bombarding the cpu with traffic work load that makes your landing look like some 18th century slide show. So even with i7 975 youll still have to choose your addons carefully .And the newer addons are more demanding on the cpu. While others are just dan right buggy.1 - UT2 ---------------Moiving to trafficX2 - REX2 -------------moved back to rex13 - CS767 ---------------this has a bug where its bombarding FSX with a thousand useless messages a second, check fsuipc logging to see the messages. So its not fps friendly at all cause half your cpu is wasted processing buggy messages from the cs767. To name a few that have had me doing reinstalls recently. Some of the better more stable FSX products that make it fun to sim.1 - ASA2 - RC4These dont leave you reaching for your fsx cd to do a fresh install.

Guest j0nx

I'm not sure what traffic injection issue you have but the only injection I see is the one when ut2 first starts and your pc pauses for about 3-5 seconds while the traffic loads. Once that happens then there is no further injections that I see. The frame rate issues you have are just due to the nature of the cpu hungry AI code inherent with FSX. UT2 has lots of other bugs for me like when stopping traffic my frame rate does not improve which means the sim is still processing AI even though it is not on screen anymore. The reload of traffic after accessing the menu is also unacceptable. There are also some strange behavior with the aircraft themselves rolling around in the grass and coming in for landings and going around constantly. The program has potential for sure but they have MAD bugs to work out of it first and I don't like being their beta tester on my dime. I keep thinking about going back to trafficx which I purchased about 2 weeks before UT2 came out but overall with this new pc even with most settings to the right and 60% heavies and 75% GA in UT2 I still get 20-30fps at most hub airports loaded with traffic. FSDT's O'hare has about 50+ heavies and 15 or so private jets and I can pull anywhere from 18-40fps with the steady average being around 24fps. It's nice :)

Guest JamesWoods
I'm not sure what traffic injection issue you have but the only injection I see is the one when ut2 first starts and your pc pauses for about 3-5 seconds while the traffic loads. Once that happens then there is no further injections that I see. The frame rate issues you have are just due to the nature of the cpu hungry AI code inherent with FSX. UT2 has lots of other bugs for me like when stopping traffic my frame rate does not improve which means the sim is still processing AI even though it is not on screen anymore. The program has potential for sure but they have MAD bugs to work out of it first and I don't like being their beta tester on my dime. I keep thinking about going back to trafficx which I purchased about 2 weeks before UT2 came out but overall with this new pc even with most settings to the right and 60% heavies and 75% GA in UT2 I still get 20-30fps at most hub airports loaded with traffic. FSDT's O'hare has about 50+ heavies and 15 or so private jets and I can pull anywhere from 18-40fps with the steady average being around 24fps. It's nice :)
you running @4GHzAnd i can say that ut2 used to be better on my system sometime ago but not recently.think i might remove ut2 and try it without the recent patch. do you have the patchdo you have rex2 installed.maybe those of us who get slide show at busy hubs using rex2 have something in common.But even before the ut2 patch and rex2, i used to get the injection pauses.unfortunatly i cant get my system to run @ 4Ghz