Sign in to follow this  
mfueeg

I cant start any engine?

Hi...i cant start any engine, its alsways burning!!?an the manual ist quite hard to understand... has anyone a good toutorial ? how to start?Thank you

Try the tutorial flight that installed with the aircraft. The pdf text file should be accessable from the start menu under pmdg and Jet Stream 4100. There is a lot of info in the text file for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm suffering the same, I've read the manuals and understood, though when in practice theres nothing, the engines are just burning. All has been down to the book, aswell from the tutorial cold and dark cockpit saved flight.The engines start running but after shut down, don't want to start, not sure if its me or the plane :(

I have followed the tutorial and read the relevant portion of the manual which the tutorial refers to and I must say that I have not had success with starting. The engines crank and smoke for a bit and then stop. After this, I can't restart them at all. Of course I will go back to the provided tutorial and try again. However, if anyone has some advice regarding this, some sort of "gotcha" or "watch out here" sort of thing, I am all ears/eyes.Thanks!

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Visually confirm you are on the start locks.Don't try to start with EGT above 200Condition lever in Taxi, Power lever in ground start zone (tip, press F2 until reverse lights up on COP then F3 until reverse unlights).Verify LP pumps onSwitch to ground start and press start button.All of this is in the tutorial and the AOM.

Dan Downs KCRP

Visually confirm you are on the start locks.Don't try to start with EGT above 200Condition lever in Taxi, Power lever in ground start zone (tip, press F2 until reverse lights up on COP then F3 until reverse unlights).Verify LP pumps onSwitch to ground start and press start button.All of this is in the tutorial and the AOM.
hi i have same problem cannot start engines been following the tutoril but found out about the stop latches when i load the tutorial it doesnt set the stop latches so was wondering how to set the stop latches since i cant start the engines to set it when i load the tutorial

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guest 747-fan

I'm working on a short item by item engine startup checklist based on the tutorial. It's relatively easily made. Run through the cockpit prep checklists and then when you've finished the "Before Start checklist" you'll need to read pages 58-61 in the "PMDG_J41_PILOT_TUTORIAL.pdf" for the engine startup itself.

Hi,To set the start latches, pull the throttles into the reverse range, then operate the UNFEATHER switch just below the throttles. Left-click for the left engine, right click for the right engine. Allow approx. 20 seconds for this to occur.Once they've unfeathered, set the throttles back to idle.Now you are ready to start.Best regards,Robin.

Thanks for helping us.Unfortunately, I still have also an engine start issue. I made carrefully all settings as stated in the tutorial (Fuel pumps on, have fuel pressure, adjust power with F2 & F3 etc...). After pressing the start button, I see EGT rising (up to 650

Hi,Read my post above. The problem is that the propellers are not in the start position.Best regards,Robin.

Thanks for helping us.Unfortunately, I still have also an engine start issue. I made carrefully all settings as stated in the tutorial (Fuel pumps on, have fuel pressure, adjust power with F2 & F3 etc...). After pressing the start button, I see EGT rising (up to 650

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

hi had the same problem like everyone else i think couldnt start my engines kept burning and stoping found out that when i loaded the tutorial it set my propellers in the not stop lock state so i had to manually set them as per chp 6 in the non routine proedures so in short 1 set the appropiate power lever to reverse hold the appropriate unfeather switch until the propeller blades stops turningthis solved my problem now can start engines as per the manual in the turtorial flighthavnt done a flight yet lol just sorted the non starting of my engines took awhile heheheh

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,To set the start latches, pull the throttles into the reverse range, then operate the UNFEATHER switch just below the throttles. Left-click for the left engine, right click for the right engine. Allow approx. 20 seconds for this to occur.Once they've unfeathered, set the throttles back to idle.Now you are ready to start.Best regards,Robin.
How would you know they are unfeathered out of curiosity, is there a voice that says something, a popup perhaps ?Thanks for the advice by the way.

PS. Once you burn your engines you do NOT need to reload the aircraft !!!! Just go to FS failure menu and reset ALL failures. You may need to do this twice !
Oh, thank you! that will save me some time in the future. :(