Sign in to follow this  
escu

J41 Loading saved flight looses FMC route

I just saved a flight in the approach phase. However when loading it back the FMC seems turned off, there is also no route in the EHSI lateral mode.Or is there a special way we must save / load flights?Thank you!Cristi

I would save the flight plan via the FMS while still at the gate.If you can save a flight plan this way, you may have some success loading it back into the FMS once loading your J41 up again.As per the tutorial, you can save the flight plan routes in a .rte format so that they can be used whenever.

Erik L.

So do I understand correctly that the FMS plan is not saved when saving the flight?Loading the plan is only a partial solution as I assume only the route (lateral) is saved? So I would need to reenter crossing restriction, weights, fuel, altitudes, etc?Is it intended to work like this or is it a bug? Should we expect a fix in the service update?

So how is it then? An feature which was left out on purpose (an will remain like that) or a bug which will be fixed by a future update.Thank you!Cristi

Cristi,To quote Ryan Maziarz from another thread: "A full panel state save thing with FMS route saving etc is beyond the scope of this product though and would have added very significant development time and cost too it, so I'm afraid that won't be happening, at least in the way it is on the more expensive airliner products."As Eric says above, you can save flight plans in the FMS in an .rte format. If you do this, you might be able to bring up the flight plan in the FMS and activate the leg you're on with the saved situation by using the DIRECT TO feature in the FMS.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200