Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Procedures for push and start?

I find myself stuck starting at a gate here and there. In these cases it is most practicle and safe to push back and then start the engines. I've been following the checklists up to "before start", at which point I switch off the avionics, put the beacons on, disconnect the external power and chocks. Then pushback and start off of battery power. This all works well except for the FMS. The FMS goes off when the external power comes off and when I turn it back on it's lost the flight plan. It then is difficult ot put the new flight plan in, as the nav page still has the waypoints from before (displaying in places like the TO and FROM sections), but the FL PLN page is blank new entries are corrupt or just don't show up.So my question is how to I avoid this with the FMS. Do I just do the complete initialization after pushback? The performance information is saved, I just can't get any of the other stuff to work smoothly. I'd really like to initialize at the gate if I can so that is one less thing to do during taxi. Thanks for any help.Eric

Eric Szczesniak

..... The FMS goes off when the external power comes off and when I turn it back on it's lost the flight plan. .........Eric
Some of us have this issue, it may be addressed in the upcoming SP1, see the sticky above.Bruce.

As a workaround I use slew to turn the plane round , set up from there then save the situation.John Ellison

As a workaround I use slew to turn the plane round , set up from there then save the situation.
Or just ignore the sticker on the panel and push back with one or both engines running until the FMS gets a bit more love from the developers.

I also have the same problem. There are two ways to solve this - turn on the FMS & input data after push and start or... do a powerback which is pretty cool :(