Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zenra

RXP WX500 in J41 - popup shows just the green hotspots too?

Guest Zenra

Just purchased the Reality XP Wx500 to use with my new JS4100 - I am loving the plane and need the radar to negotiate all the weather one finds at 16,000 ft :)One small disappointment, though, is that in the J41 even the RXP Wx500 popup only displays as a black rectangle with the green hotspots when you mouse-over. I can live with the hotspots on the panel, but why can't the popup display the complete RXP gauge? I am new to RXP products - am I doing something wrong?Mitchell

Guest Zenra

So looking at the RXPWX500.INI file:

[SETTINGS]Wx500Popup=15500NoFrame=On

I see I can change the second line to NoFrame=Off and the popup will display the whole gauge as I would like, but the whole gauge is then also displayed within the Wx display area of the gauge on teh panel, with all of the default J41 Wx radar bezel and switches surrounding it :(Mitchell

Guest Zenra

It is interesting to note that you can show the whole RXP Wx500 (i.e., with working knobs, buttons and bezel) on the panel by setting NoFrame=No in the RXPWX500.INI file. I have not worked out the details yet, but by adjusting the size and coordinate values for the panel Wx500 you could make it replace the default radar gauge. You would loose the ability to adjust EHSI range, though. Anybody have suggestions as to how the EHSI range Up/Down commands could be assigned someplace else, or even to some unused keystrokes? Of course the best would be if we could hook the RXP range Up/Down button clicks to drive EHSI range as well...

It is interesting to note that you can show the whole RXP Wx500 (i.e., with working knobs, buttons and bezel) on the panel by setting NoFrame=No in the RXPWX500.INI file. I have not worked out the details yet, but by adjusting the size and coordinate values for the panel Wx500 you could make it replace the default radar gauge. You would loose the ability to adjust EHSI range, though. Anybody have suggestions as to how the EHSI range Up/Down commands could be assigned someplace else, or even to some unused keystrokes? Of course the best would be if we could hook the RXP range Up/Down button clicks to drive EHSI range as well...
Hi Zenra,from my view, the best alternative would, that PMDG connect their radar buttons to the RXP gauge like other plane addon manufactors do. But it seams that they only give us a little favor with the ini file... for that price it is ok but, only a little help....weather radars become more and more popular, in reality very important, also they are not perfect in FSX weather system, but iam shure, if PMDG & RXP would cooperate a bit, sales for both are rising even more ;)

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Guest Zenra

Sure am having fun with this plane...I wanted to round this out for anybody searching in the future for options for incorporating the RXP Wx500 into the PMDG J41. I've tried several things to find an alternative to having only the green mouse-over areas instead of the RXP gauge buttons and knobs to control the Wx500 in the J51, an have concluded there are basically two options:1. You can display both the VC gauge and popup with full bezel, knobs and buttons by changing the setting in the file RXPWX500.INI from NoFrame=On to NoFrame=Off and adjusting the PANEL.CFG file VC SECTION 2 to:

[VCockpit02]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeTwobackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1,	0,   0, 393, 500gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2,  393,   0, 393, 500gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS,  1, 508, 512, 408gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 896,0,128,508gauge04=rxpWX500!RDR,  516, 512, 504, 347gauge05=j41!pmdg_j41fms_pu_open, 919,458,53,35

Using this the RXP is displayed in its entirity on the VC panel but contained within the normally blank display area of the default J41 Wx radar - a little cheesy, but it works and keeps the Wx radar on teh panel where you can always see it without using the pop-up.2. What I was really hoping to do, though, was find a way to show just the display area of the RXP Wx500 within the confines of the default J41 Wx radar on the VC panel but have the whole gauge show up if you click on it to get the pop-up. This looked like it would work for a while, but it resulted in an interesting but annoying side effect:

[VCockpit02]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeTwobackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1,	0,   0, 393, 500gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2,  393,   0, 393, 500gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS,  1, 508, 512, 408gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 896,0,128,508gauge04=rxpWX500!RDR,  410, 460, 720, 654gauge05=j41!pmdg_j41fms_pu_open, 919,458,53,35

With these settings you get just the display of the RXP radar in the VC panel and the whole thing as a popup, but the side effect is that the left section of the RXP bezel and controls flickers on the right edge of the GNS XLS FMS display :( (although NOT on the FMS (Shift-F3) popup)Oh well.I stuck with Option 1 - I like the RXP Wx500 and flying at the normal cruising altitudes of the J41 with real-world weather you run into all kinds of stuff. This is a great plane and I look forward to the prospect of a PMDG Wx radar sometime in the future, but until then the RXP gauge is very nice and works well with the J41.