Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ehab

Aircraft stall when minimize FS9

Guest Ehab

Hello everyonei have some problems with fs2004 and windows7 running ivap flying onlineafter start my flight and arrive to my final cruse FL , i minimize FS9 to do something or exploring website or any other works , but when i get back and open fs9 To continue the flight i Surprised that my aircraft has been stalled and crashed , i don,t know why , for your information i disabled my joystick before minimize fs9 , with windows xp fs9 was working fine without and problems like that , can any body help me please

FS9/Settings/General/Pause on Task Switch checkbox. If unchecked FS continues to run when minimized as well as I hope you specific dependent aircraft and controlling add-ons.

Guest Ehab
FS9/Settings/General/Pause on Task Switch checkbox. If unchecked FS continues to run when minimized as well as I hope you specific dependent aircraft and controlling add-ons.
sir i know that and already unchecked it and simulator working at minimize mode , but my problem is when i get back i surprised the aircraft stalled and crashed and Autopilot disconnected i don,t know why

Hate to ask this, but did you try it with the Pause option checked?That should keeep FS2004 just where it is while you switch to another task and all should be where you left it when you come back to FS.

There a bit of a quandry here:Let's suppose you are running a third party weather program and no weather smoothing is available. If FS is paused for a bit and the weather program is going through a change, will FS on activating suffer a sudden wind change?Try it both ways and see what happens.Another issue is the type of aircraft whether full SDK compliant or not. A good example is the PMDG 737NG series which are not. If you save a flight (and as far as I know the 737NG does not have a special save state of aircraft utility) and restore it the PMDG will not come back in the state it was at when the flight was saved. While that is not equivalent to a paused FS perhaps the OP needs to describe his environment (aircraft model, weather app if used, etc.). I switch tasks with FS in full screen, not minimized and no pause set on switching away using alt-tab and have not had any problems. In some instances task switching with alt-tab resolved the situation.

Guest Ehab
There a bit of a quandry here:Let's suppose you are running a third party weather program and no weather smoothing is available. If FS is paused for a bit and the weather program is going through a change, will FS on activating suffer a sudden wind change?Try it both ways and see what happens.Another issue is the type of aircraft whether full SDK compliant or not. A good example is the PMDG 737NG series which are not. If you save a flight (and as far as I know the 737NG does not have a special save state of aircraft utility) and restore it the PMDG will not come back in the state it was at when the flight was saved. While that is not equivalent to a paused FS perhaps the OP needs to describe his environment (aircraft model, weather app if used, etc.). I switch tasks with FS in full screen, not minimized and no pause set on switching away using alt-tab and have not had any problems. In some instances task switching with alt-tab resolved the situation.
yes that's right i use ActiveSky6 for online weather service , but the simulator did not paused , the aircraft keep moving and flying at minimize mode because "Pause on Task Switch checkbox" UNChecked because i wanna aircraft keep fly not to stop .

yes that's right i use ActiveSky6 for online weather service , but the simulator did not paused , the aircraft keep moving and flying at minimize mode because "Pause on Task Switch checkbox" UNChecked because i wanna aircraft keep fly not to stop .
I know your problem and have the same one. I often tend to switch task when at FL, and have the same problem sometimes. But, if you switch to windowed, you will have less problems. You can put FS to background and surf all you like. Suggestions with the Pause of course don't make much sense...

Hopefully, AS 65 does not stop writing and then playing catch-up when it is minimized and then maxed for some reason. I don't recall from my programming days but not all programs operate with the same priority when minimized as opposed to background/foreground. That's why I use the alt-tab task switch without minimizing anything.I am an AS 65 user and leaving it windowed works well for me. Here's the way I operate:AS65 windowed - there is no full screen option. I also download the archived weather for the Z time based on the FS flight time. AI Smooth full screen.Radar Contact - minimized (automatic after its flying mode is started).FS full screen.AS65 and FSUIPC is set for wind smoothing.FS flights that get loaded have been set to the Clear Sky theme (as is the default flight) and weather dynamics in FS are set to off so as not to interfere with AS65 dynamics.What is the panel state when returning to FS? Is thrust still applied? Does the problem happen with default aircraft? If you have a thrust loss I'd check whatever the Windows 7 power management scheme is - in XP it is the USB device properties via Device Manager - and insure the property to turn off USB device interfaces to conserve resources is not enabled.I don't fly online but I wonder if your IVAO interface might be a problem when FS is not in the forefront. When I use FS my net connection is disabled (as is my net security software) to keep the o/s task switching down and minimize CPU resource load so we are not flying in equal environments. Does everything work well when flying off-line?Again I am not familiar with IVAO operations. Does it offer and do you enable co-pilot aircraft control? If your panel and control state is not correct when returning top FS maximized maybe there's a clue there.Last, did you have any equivalent problem in XP or VISTA? Are you running 64 bit now and did you run it before? There are lots of variables here. I'd also bring up the Task Manager or equivalent and the Performance page within. You don't want active apps and related services to be swapped out to virtual RAM (paging) which can cause problems with real-time applications. Make sure you have enough RAM. In another thread on a private forum if running 64 bit 6 to 8 GB has been recommended for 64 bit VISTA and with the beta of WIN 7. Just passing this on. Also I'd check in the hardware forum here regarding environment suggestions. Speaking of Win 7, are you running FS9 and all of the related apps in the same virtual o/s window (if used)?I'm just throwing this stuff out and I state that I am not experienced in these advanced environments.