Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

FS9 HDE Cloud/Sky Textures

I find the clouds to be very nice, even better than Flight Environment X when installed in FS9. Sky textures also appear to be very realistic for "normal" situations. And there is also new environment reflection file. Worth a try!http://rapidshare.com/files/279232695/HDE_1.0.zip (link from google, found the freeware on simouthouse forums)Here is what it does:

can you repost the images, doesn't seem to be working.

Hmm, I don't know why they got deleted...

Meh. Real Environment or these freeware things?
Nothing to do with Real Environment, these are HQ cloud textures, that are usually available only from FEX or upcoming REX.

Nothing to do with Real Environment, these are HQ cloud textures, that are usually available only from FEX or upcoming REX.
You forgot FS Elemental, which also has HQ clouds, and it is released for FS9 a long time ago.

You forgot FS Elemental, which also has HQ clouds, and it is released for FS9 a long time ago.
That's right, I forgot about that one... but this one is freeware. :) Seems not many people appreciate good freeware nowdays.

Word Not Allowed, hows the fps hit. I'm currently using 512 DXT clouds from FE...hows the hit going to 1024

Word Not Allowed, hows the fps hit. I'm currently using 512 DXT clouds from FE...hows the hit going to 1024
The hit is here (of course its there, its higher resolution, there must be a hit), but minimal. I would say not more than 5-10% in most of cases. Mostly even unnoticable... Considering hardware you use, I recon you will have similar performance as I do, I wouldn't worry about FPS...

Guest Zevious Zoquis
The hit is here (of course its there, its higher resolution, there must be a hit), but minimal. I would say not more than 5-10% in most of cases. Mostly even unnoticable... Considering hardware you use, I recon you will have similar performance as I do, I wouldn't worry about FPS...
yeah, I'm running the 1024 res versions and I had no noticeable performance hit at all...