Sign in to follow this  
pipeorgan

737 NG FMC buttons do not operate the right keys

I have a 24 inch wide screen and use the 1960X1200 resolution so I therefore have the FMC button problem. If I then use the PC keyboard keys, all work ok except the minus key which displays / in the FMC scratchpad instead of -. Is this a known error or is it my configuration?

Please sign your name to posts in this forum.The answer is in the PMDG Ops wiki section for the 737. If you don't have a 4:3 aspect ratio you need to either use the keyboard or stretch the popup.

Dan Downs KCRP

The answer is in the PMDG Ops wiki section for the 737. If you don't have a 4:3 aspect ratio you need to either use the keyboard or stretch the popup.
Thanks Dan for your response. I had checked in the PMDG Ops FAQ section which states that this is a common problem on widescreen setups and other non 4:3 resolutions and says changing FS's resolution to a 4:3 setting like 1280X960 or 1024X768 will correct the problem. However I do not want to do this and it does not mention to use the keyboard or stretch the popup.!Thank you for the suggestion to stretch the popup as this does resolve the problem when using the mouse. However I would still like to use the pc keyboard and as I said when I do this all the PC keys work correctly except the minus key which displays / instead of - in the scratchpad. How can I correct this?John

Dan beat me to it.
Hi George/Dan, Although I can now use the FMC correctly with the mouse, thanks to Dan, I still have'nt sorted out my keyboad problem for the FMC. As I said when I use the PC keys all numbers letters and the slash work correctly but I cannot get the minus key to display the minus sign in the scratchpad, it always displays /. How can I correct this?John

I don't think there is a fix, isn't that a +/- toggle key? I think it has to be clicked from the display with the mouse.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't think there is a fix, isn't that a +/- toggle key? I think it has to be clicked from the display with the mouse.
I believe Dan is correct, you have to use the minus sign on the top row of the main keyboard. Just a shot in the dark, did you try toggling the num lock?

Thanks for the info, if thats a limitation and I have to use the mouse for the +/- toggle key then I can obviously live with it. Just wanted to check that it was'nt my config that was causint it.John