Sign in to follow this  
Guest BradHosking

Logitech G940 - Resolved issues in FSX

Guest BradHosking

Well I have had the G940 for about 1 week now and for that whole time, the unit wasn't getting full throttles in FSX (sitting between 10-75%) and the brake with the toe brake was constantly on.So I thought I might save another person a week of looking for the answer to these quirky issues.By default the G940's assignments are all over the place. And I really mean that. The Toe brakes work as Ailerons which isn't great when your trying to come to a halt with a bit of speed. 1st order of business. Install version 5.08 (as of writing this it is the latest piece of software for this unit)Plug the unit in and when it requests you to do so and go through the calibration. Simple.Then open FSX. In the button menu, clear all the Joystick assignments for all three units. In there you will see different things come up when you select through the Pedals, throttle and Joystick. Clear only the Joystick assignments. This will resolve your Brake issues. One of the buttons in there (I dont' know which as I couldn't see it) causes the brakes once they are touched to be on always. This resolves issue number one.Then go into you Control Axes and ensure that for your Pedals you have only got Rudder and Left and Right toe brake assignments.Then go to you Throttles and for this Throttle 1 axis and Throttle 2 axis should be selected. As this unit is a split throttle this works nicely.Lastly the Joystick axis. Ailerons to X-Axis, Elevators to Y-Axis and if you want you can also set your elevator trims...etcNow here is the important bit. Select the Calibration tab. Start with the pedals. Select Advanced and then set the sensitivities to full and the null to none.Then for the throttles, Advanced and set the sensitivity to full and the null to none.Joystick, again Advanced, sensitivity to full and null to none.Afterburners now work. Idle throttles now work and brakes release after releasing the toe brakes.It seems that if you don't set the sensitivity to full and the null zone to none, you get issues with the throttles not detecting their full ratios. Same goes for the brakes.Hope this assists others who might be having issues in FSX

Guest Staggerwing

That will help many I'm sure...How is the temperature of the stick base doing now? Is it just the heat from the servo motors being so active, or did they put the voltage transformer in the base of the stick rather than as a separate power pack?Or both

Guest BradHosking

There is a separate power pack. Never had any heat issues however mine is always unplugged when not in use. No reason to keep the thing on when I am not using it.Also some users reported arcing with this unit when plugging it into your PC via USB. The solution to that is to ensure that the power to the base of the joystick is disconnected and then plug in the USB. Then plug in the power.

Guest Staggerwing
There is a separate power pack. Never had any heat issues however mine is always unplugged when not in use. No reason to keep the thing on when I am not using it.Also some users reported arcing with this unit when plugging it into your PC via USB. The solution to that is to ensure that the power to the base of the joystick is disconnected and then plug in the USB. Then plug in the power.
Great, glad to hear it, looks and sounds like a pretty nice setup, hope they also make an add-on yoke in the future.

Guest binky9

Brad,your advice below for taming the G940 in FSX worked wonders for me. Do you have or know of something similar for IL2? I have been gnashing my teeth trying to get IL2 sorted out.Thanks,biny9

Well I have had the G940 for about 1 week now and for that whole time, the unit wasn't getting full throttles in FSX (sitting between 10-75%) and the brake with the toe brake was constantly on.So I thought I might save another person a week of looking for the answer to these quirky issues.By default the G940's assignments are all over the place. And I really mean that. The Toe brakes work as Ailerons which isn't great when your trying to come to a halt with a bit of speed. 1st order of business. Install version 5.08 (as of writing this it is the latest piece of software for this unit)Plug the unit in and when it requests you to do so and go through the calibration. Simple.Then open FSX. In the button menu, clear all the Joystick assignments for all three units. In there you will see different things come up when you select through the Pedals, throttle and Joystick. Clear only the Joystick assignments. This will resolve your Brake issues. One of the buttons in there (I dont' know which as I couldn't see it) causes the brakes once they are touched to be on always. This resolves issue number one.Then go into you Control Axes and ensure that for your Pedals you have only got Rudder and Left and Right toe brake assignments.Then go to you Throttles and for this Throttle 1 axis and Throttle 2 axis should be selected. As this unit is a split throttle this works nicely.Lastly the Joystick axis. Ailerons to X-Axis, Elevators to Y-Axis and if you want you can also set your elevator trims...etcNow here is the important bit. Select the Calibration tab. Start with the pedals. Select Advanced and then set the sensitivities to full and the null to none.Then for the throttles, Advanced and set the sensitivity to full and the null to none.Joystick, again Advanced, sensitivity to full and null to none.Afterburners now work. Idle throttles now work and brakes release after releasing the toe brakes.It seems that if you don't set the sensitivity to full and the null zone to none, you get issues with the throttles not detecting their full ratios. Same goes for the brakes.Hope this assists others who might be having issues in FSX