Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

J41: How to assign Keyboard Commands with SP1?

Sorry for asking,but how could we do that now?I don't have a menu entry like with the MD-11.So I opened the PMDG_J41.ini but any keystroke that I have written in this *.ini didn't work...please advice me...thank you very much and thank you very much for the Sp1!!!!guenter steinerbtw: the raindrops are really, really cool.... maybe a little to blue ;-)EDIT:ok, I found it out...BUT...:when I e.g. take Tab+Q for the HDG or sth else it is working, but the aound is going ON and OFF as "Q" is the FSX standard key for sound toggle...Which keys do you think we should assign?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:ok, I found it out...
Where please ?? :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest UlfB
Where please ?? :(
Open the file PMDG_J41.ini found in the folder...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG with a text file editor (Notepad).Under the section [input] you'll find entries for some aircraft controls:

AP_SBY=AP_VSI=AP_IAS=AP_ALTSEL=CRS1_Dec=CRS1_Inc=CRS1_Sync=CRS2_Dec=CRS2_Inc=CRS2_Sync=AltBug_Dec=AltBug_Inc=HDG_Inc=HDG_Dec=HDG_Sync=EFIS1_FullMap=EFIS1_TCAS=EFIS1_GspdTtg=EFIS1_ET=EFIS1_VL=EFIS1_LNAV=EFIS2_FullMap=EFIS2_TCAS=EFIS2_GspdTtg=EFIS2_ET=EFIS2_VL=EFIS2_LNAV=SpoilerArm=

Here I've set the heading bug increment and decrement to respond to keyboard input:

HDG_Inc=Ctrl+Shift+9HDG_Dec=Ctrl+9

Hope this helps!

Guest UlfB
...BUT...:when I e.g. take Tab+Q for the HDG or sth else it is working, but the aound is going ON and OFF as "Q" is the FSX standard key for sound toggle...Which keys do you think we should assign?
If you have keyboard assignment in FSX for the J41 command: Use the same keystrokes.If you have no keyboard assignment in FSX for the J41 command: Try to assign keystrokes in FSX. You'll get a warning in FSX if the key combination is assigned to another command in FSX. Takes some time but you'll eventually find key combinations that are "free" to use.

The problem is that I have several hardware, e.g. the MCP Combo from VRInsight.I have figured out some keystrokes for this which I can use for all my addon aircraft and this keystrokes aren't interferring with the FSX keys.It was a lot of work...And now, the J41 Keys can't use combinations like TAB+Q or Tab+F3, because it doesn't recognize this.And I wonder that this strokes work without problems for the MD-11!!!!!Same with normal strokes, e.g. you try to use just "Q":no problem with the MD-11 but with the J41 the FSX standard keys are still working....But ok, I don't think that there would be any changes about it in the next days or weeks, so I have to live with it...guenter steiner

Guenter Steiner

Guest UlfB
And now, the J41 Keys can't use combinations like TAB+Q or Tab+F3, because it doesn't recognize this.And I wonder that this strokes work without problems for the MD-11!!!!!Same with normal strokes, e.g. you try to use just "Q":no problem with the MD-11 but with the J41 the FSX standard keys are still working....
Seems that the J41 doesn't trap the defined key strokes so FSX will also receive them. Not good.

thx for this it helps a lot but..I have made IAS = Ctrl+r in the J41 ini but strangely the HOTAS button programed in fsx for that does not work, Ctrl+r does work perfect now, but not the button press on the controller, any ideas?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Guest UlfB
thx for this it helps a lot but..I have made IAS = Ctrl+r in the J41 ini but strangely the HOTAS button programed in fsx for that does not work, Ctrl+r does work perfect now, but not the button press on the controller, any ideas?
If you set your HOTAS button in the FSX control assignments it won't work. If it did work there wouldn't be much point by PMDG adding support for some the keyboard commands in the SP1, would it? I use FSUIPC (registered version) to let FSUIPC send key strokes to FSX when a specific button is pressed. In FSUIPC you may also make the assignments aircraft specific, which makes it much easier to make assignments work for different aircraft.

If you set your HOTAS button in the FSX control assignments it won't work. If it did work there wouldn't be much point by PMDG adding support for some the keyboard commands in the SP1, would it? I use FSUIPC (registered version) to let FSUIPC send key strokes to FSX when a specific button is pressed. In FSUIPC you may also make the assignments aircraft specific, which makes it much easier to make assignments work for different aircraft.
I thought pressing the HOTAS button would work like pressing the Ctrl+r, but as you point out it does not work that why, thanks for explaining even if you "tone" was a little harsh. BTW you main reply in this topic is very helpfull, thx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is there any chance to get keycombinations like TAB+F3 or TAB+Q etc to work?Like it is in the MD-11???Please, would be very, very helpful!!!!guenter steiner

Guenter Steiner

Just a little comment from the devs would be nice if this could be implemented, please.I don't say that I want to have the same keymanager as in the MD-11 (what would be fantastic), just to enable the above sort shortcuts.... and disable the FSX keys then...thanks,guenter

Guenter Steiner

TAB + key works perfect for me here... I have "AltBug_Dec=TAB+M" and "HDG_Dec=TAB+H" working nicely here. Maybe you need to check conflicts with default FSX assignments.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Open the file PMDG_J41.ini found in the folder...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG with a text file editor (Notepad).Under the section [input] you'll find entries for some aircraft controls:

AP_SBY=AP_VSI=AP_IAS=AP_ALTSEL=CRS1_Dec=CRS1_Inc=CRS1_Sync=CRS2_Dec=CRS2_Inc=CRS2_Sync=AltBug_Dec=AltBug_Inc=HDG_Inc=HDG_Dec=HDG_Sync=EFIS1_FullMap=EFIS1_TCAS=EFIS1_GspdTtg=EFIS1_ET=EFIS1_VL=EFIS1_LNAV=EFIS2_FullMap=EFIS2_TCAS=EFIS2_GspdTtg=EFIS2_ET=EFIS2_VL=EFIS2_LNAV=SpoilerArm=
Question to the developer team: can we expect expanding above list? For example some switches from the Overhead Panel - lights, icing... Please!Best regardsPiotr Dabrowski

Hi all, Has anyone successfully mapped the altitude increase/decrease to a key stroke? Thanks. Jack Sciutti

Hi all, Has anyone successfully mapped the altitude increase/decrease to a key stroke? Thanks. Jack Sciutti
YipCtrl+i and Ctrl+o for me. Works like a charm. Remember to delete the keystrokes in the FSX config for those commands.