Sign in to follow this  
kerke

737NG 800/900 2D side views are black‏

I just purchased the 737NG 800/900 upgrade via download a couple of days ago -- I had my 737NG 600/700 installed for about a month now. The 2D side views are not showing for the 800 and 900 aircraft, they work fine for the 600/700. I am a 2D panel user so I don't really care for the VC. I uninstalled both the 600/700 and the 800/900, re-installed them both and the 800/900 2D side views are still not showing, just a black screen. Do you guys know how can I get the 2D side views to work?Thank youKerkeFS9.1, XP Pro

Guest Bonanzapilot
I just purchased the 737NG 800/900 upgrade via download a couple of days ago -- I had my 737NG 600/700 installed for about a month now. The 2D side views are not showing for the 800 and 900 aircraft, they work fine for the 600/700. I am a 2D panel user so I don't really care for the VC. I uninstalled both the 600/700 and the 800/900, re-installed them both and the 800/900 2D side views are still not showing, just a black screen. Do you guys know how can I get the 2D side views to work?Thank youKerkeFS9.1, XP Pro
I had this same problem and I contacted the folks at support. It seems the problem is that the 737 was not designed for all the multiple monitors that we have available. I was never able to get it to work and was forced to return to the 600/700 series which works just fine for me and I am using 4 monitors.I believe we will just have to wait for the NG v2 and hopw it is written to support all the new hardware available.John

Or, you can copy the relevant portions of the 700 panel.cfg to the 800 panel.cfg and the related .bmp's from your 700 panel folder to your 800 panel folder.Jim Harnes

I had this same problem and I contacted the folks at support. It seems the problem is that the 737 was not designed for all the multiple monitors that we have available. I was never able to get it to work and was forced to return to the 600/700 series which works just fine for me and I am using 4 monitors.I believe we will just have to wait for the NG v2 and hopw it is written to support all the new hardware available.John
John- Here is a screenshot of the PMDG 737-800 with triple views LFwd,Fwd,RFwd plus all the popups overlaid & open, ready for takeoff. I've had no problems with either views or open popups- except Overhead & COM panels are hard on frame rates so they are kept unopened when not needed.Alex ReidPMDG 737-800 @ CYYJ R09 (AMD 1.8 XP2200, 2 GeForce FX5200 GPUs, FS9)

Guest Bonanzapilot
John- Here is a screenshot of the PMDG 737-800 with triple views LFwd,Fwd,RFwd plus all the popups overlaid & open, ready for takeoff. I've had no problems with either views or open popups- except Overhead & COM panels are hard on frame rates so they are kept unopened when not needed.Alex ReidPMDG 737-800 @ CYYJ R09 (AMD 1.8 XP2200, 2 GeForce FX5200 GPUs, FS9)
Hi Alex;Here is my original email to the folks at PMDG and after that their response. Sirs; I have the following setup on my PC which I built myself: XP Pro SP3 ASUS Motherboard Intel E8400 3GHz (Duo Core) 2 Gig RAM 2 NVidia GeFroce 9800 GTX+ 4 Monitors 1100 Watt Power Supply Realtek High Definition Audio on the Motherboard CH Flight Sim Yoke Surround sound speakers (Using only the subwoofer, main, and two front speakers) UT Terrain UT Traffic Dynamic Weather from FS9 Ground Environment Pro Radar Contact v 4.3 I have the PMDG 737NG-600/700 version. I have been running the PMDG 737NG-700 version (2D cockpit only) on FS9 for a couple of months now with the sliders all the way to the right with only an occasional visual hiccup on the ground with some flashing images. I was using the NVidia drivers version 185.85. I have the monitors configured to show the main panel view looking forward on the center monitor. I have a monitor on each side of this one showing the forward left and forward right views. The fourth monitor sits on top of the main monitor and shows the overhead panel. All the views are in windowed mode. On the left monitor I also show the radio stack. On the right monitor I also show the throttle quadrant and the CDU. I also have two little add-ons on the right monitor which are the announcements panel and the doors panel which were freeware downloads. I would usually get black screens on the glass displays when I started up. I would cycle through the views and when returning to the main cockpit view, the panels would show fine. This was is nuisance but nothing more as once the panels had

Hi Alex; I am glad it seems to work for you, but I tried several times and then decided to stay with the 700 series.John
I'm also mystified. I suppose my good fortune shows the benefits of using a computer that is 6 years old!! <grin>Another reason for staying with what I have! Sorry I coudn't help.Alex Reid

I'm also mystified. I suppose my good fortune shows the benefits of using a computer that is 6 years old!! <grin>Another reason for staying with what I have! Sorry I coudn't help.Alex Reid
Kerke- A further thought- just noticed that you are using the download version of 737/800,900. I have the CD version purchased about 4 years ago- is it possible that this is somehow the reason for your views omission?Alex Reid

Guest Bonanzapilot
Alex;No worries, I do believe there is something in there or the folks at PMDG would not have referenced it. I don't do any night flying as the 600/700 overhead panel is very difficult at night. It is a shame as some of the best visuals can be night approaches.I am anxiously awaiting the next version.John

Alex;No worries, I do believe there is something in there or the folks at PMDG would not have referenced it. I don't do any night flying as the 600/700 overhead panel is very difficult at night. It is a shame as some of the best visuals can be night approaches.I am anxiously awaiting the next version.John
John- yes, night visuals are good. Here is a s'shot of the 800 @ CYVR R08L with views LFwd & RFwd. (Looks vastly better & everything easily readable when it's 45" wide!)I hadn't yet set up the cockpit for this pic. You can see a corner of the OH panel, open under the Throttle & CDU popups. Alex