Sign in to follow this  
luckynic1

WARNING LATEST NVIDIA DRIVERS

Guy's just a a quick note the lastest nvidia driver has issues with the the 777 and b737i have been stuffing around with fs9 for day's trying to get it to load,getting a gdiplus.dll error.did a format put fs back on still got it then finally uninstalled latest driver and went back to the driver that came with the card.Boy it was the only thing i overlooked once i put the defalt driver in fired ed up no probs no errors.Finally i then went and to nvidia and gave them a serve then d/loaded drivers up to 190:62 drive which i'm useing all seems well will no after the long haul i'm doing at the moment vhhh to egllcheers Mark

Guy's just a a quick note the lastest nvidia driver has issues with the the 777 and b737i have been stuffing around with fs9 for day's trying to get it to load,getting a gdiplus.dll error.did a format put fs back on still got it then finally uninstalled latest driver and went back to the driver that came with the card.Boy it was the only thing i overlooked once i put the defalt driver in fired ed up no probs no errors.Finally i then went and to nvidia and gave them a serve then d/loaded drivers up to 190:62 drive which i'm useing all seems well will no after the long haul i'm doing at the moment vhhh to egllcheers Mark
I to have had problems after driver download which resulted in not only messing up FS9 it altered my Windows system as well.I had to reinstall FS9 3 times without cure, in the end I bought a brand new vidio card.I would strongly urge you all make sure you download from the genuine Nvidia siteEd.

Like to tell us the details of this downloaded driver that caused so many problems? Might be useful for others to know.Dave

yep it the 191.07 the latest driver cant use some aircraft in both fsx and fs9 coming up with error GDIPLUS.DLL FILEIT FUNNY THO IT WILL LOAD BUT IF YOU MINUNISE BACK TO DESKTOP THE WINDOW WITH FLIGHTSIMULATOR HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM IS THEREcheers mark

I use the Nvidia 8800GTX card. The only driver I can use without FS9 freezing up is the 182.50 version. Tried the latest and other versions with no sucess.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I had the same problem. After starting fs9 then loaded one of my add on planes, it would crash. But all I did was reinstall my 186.18 drivers that I was using before and everything worked fine. I didn't have to load anything.

John K

Wow! I see so many posts over time about problems with NVIDIA cards and drivers and cannot help wondering why so many people still buy them. I have always used ATI Radeon and never had one problem at all even when drivers get updated......Dumb luck!... Maybe???.........John

The new Nvidia drivers are designed for the new games that have come out. FS9 is an older game and you'd be better off looking for a driver that was designed especially with FS9 in mind.I use 2 Geforce 7600 GT video cards, with the 93.71 driver. It works great.This driver was designed with FS9 in mind and compatible with the 7600 GT.Newer isn't always better, for older games.

The problem is that if you buy new games besides flight simulator like left for dead 2 it asks you to upgrade your drivers and also other new games get a nice boost and fixes with the new updated drivers but it can screw up fs9 its a pain the @ss to get the right ones working for everything.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

The problem is that if you buy new games besides flight simulator like left for dead 2 it asks you to upgrade your drivers and also other new games get a nice boost and fixes with the new updated drivers but it can screw up fs9 its a pain the @ss to get the right ones working for everything.
I owned and supported nvidia cards for many many years. And from FS98 to FSX the Nvidia always released drivers with flight sim in mind. But since there was no one to compete with them, they went in a different direction. The real problem is Ndivia unwillingness to fix thier drivers for flight Sim. I wrote many emails to them concerning the problem. But being the only video card game in town, they choose not to. Now that AMD/ATI is making a strong comeback, maybe the competition will force nvidia to re-think the crappy drivers thier releaseing. Or my next card will be AMD/ATI.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I use the Nvidia 8800GTX card. The only driver I can use without FS9 freezing up is the 182.50 version. Tried the latest and other versions with no sucess.Bill M
Yep - you are definitely correct! Just installed the 182.50 version and much smoother as a result - thanks for the advice!Bill S

I owned and supported nvidia cards for many many years. And from FS98 to FSX the Nvidia always released drivers with flight sim in mind. But since there was no one to compete with them, they went in a different direction. The real problem is Ndivia unwillingness to fix thier drivers for flight Sim. I wrote many emails to them concerning the problem. But being the only video card game in town, they choose not to. Now that AMD/ATI is making a strong comeback, maybe the competition will force nvidia to re-think the crappy drivers thier releaseing. Or my next card will be AMD/ATI.Bill M
Hi Bill same here next time my next purchase will be ati nvidia has been doing a horrible job lately with there drivers.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

HelloI have installed lots of Nvidea drivers over time.I have had no problems with any version.(I am currently running a very old (2006)93.something as a post suggested that these older drivers where made with FS in mind.I have to say no problems running FS,but like all driver versions i have installed there is no discernible increase in performance that i can see anyway.I may try some more versions just to see.Anyways cheers Andrew

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi allFor what it is worth, I am using nvidia 191.07 drivers + nhancer 2.5.7 with a GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb and experiencing (touch wood) absolutely no problems running FS9.1 with PMDG a/c.Ian

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

Hi allFor what it is worth, I am using nvidia 191.07 drivers + nhancer 2.5.7 with a GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb and experiencing (touch wood) absolutely no problems running FS9.1 with PMDG a/c.Ian
I downloaded the Win7 version of the 191.07 driver, because later on this year I'll be movin on to the new OS. But I have not tried it with FS9.1 and XP. Since the version before 191.07 and prior would not work for me. I might give it a try, but so far with the 182.50 I get no lockups or freezes.Bill M

Bill McIntyre