Sign in to follow this  
speedbird2001

Contrails Pro.

There is no way a product could be released with such poor results as the enclosed attachment shows. From the ground looking up, the contrails don't look that bad, but how often do we do that when we are flying around? When in the air the further away an aircraft is, the better the contrails look, but overall I was very disappointed To give the developer a huge dose of the benefit of the doubt, the chances are I am doing some wrong, so any suggestions or comments would be most welcome. Many thanksTristan.

Had tested it already several weeks ago, with the exact same result like shown in your screenshot. Ditched it off my HD only 2 minutes after install. I was shocked someone wanted to sell this. IMHO, it just looks awful. Perhaps I also did s.th. wrong...

At least you guys see something. I see nothing.He's really catching hell over on his forum. At least he is honoring refunds on certain matters through FLIGHT1.I'll give it time before i'll start asking for my own.

... Ditched it off my HD only 2 minutes after install. I was shocked someone wanted to sell this...
I agree! I was very glad that you can try-before-you-buy with this - I certainly didn't want to buy it after a quick test... Apart from the problems of showing behind clouds and the issues in the OPs image, the effect textures edges are visible as the contrail dissappears. I prefer the free offerings that can be found in the library!Geoff

FlightSimTools has released an update to Contrails Pro, a module for FSX and FS9 that adds realistic contrails to AI aircraft. The update improves the frame rates and solves some display problems in FSX. Contrails Pro comes with its own optimized display engine, which displays contrails with unprecedented detail while keeping high frame rates. Just like in the real world, contrails will slowly dissipate in the air and will glow in red during sunrise or sunset. There are excellent customization options allowing you to specify the contrail length, density, dispersion and a few other settings.Well this how the product was sold to me, as displayed on the AVSIM home page. My initial post was reasonably balanced giving the developer the benefit of the doubt over and above my normal habit of not getting the installation quite right. I can honestly say this is the worst add-on I have come across. Okay, perhaps I should have ''tried before I buy'', perhaps the product is better suited to FSX than FS9. My screen shot was the best of the bunch of several I took. It only gets worse. I don't want to turn this into a rant but, should not AVSIM remove the advertising flyer on it home page, before other people fall for this? The product is clearly not what is written on the tin.

It gave me no con trails at all!I uninstalled it to get the standard ones back.

Dave Taylor gb.png