Sign in to follow this  
Guest virgin234

PMDG 737 NG FMC problems?

Guest virgin234

Hi everybody I'm a newbie to the forums.I own both the 737NG and the 747-400 for FS2004. They're both great and I love flying them but this has been a spcific problem for me for some time with the 737 and I've looked all over the web but nobody seems to have this problem as far as I can tell but me. With the aid of this picture (It's a basic one just to show you the problem) :http://www.flightsim.com/howto/fmc/pmdg_fmc.jpgI shall explain the problem.Now normally I would expect that if you were to click the number 2 button on the fmc the number 2 should come up. It does. However if you were to click the number 5 button you expect the number 5 to ppear in the scratchpad no? Well for me I get the number 2. If I were to click the number 8, the number 5 appears and so on. Basically the first row of numbers is fine but the 2nd and third rows aren't. They show the numbers above them when clicked. Now that basically means the bottom row of the number pad is useless. This as you would imagine is quite a pain. You cannot smoothly fly at a consistent altitude because it has to be flight level 349 or something pointless like that.Help would be much appreciated if you've had this problem or seen it or even if you haven't any suggestions will be most welcome.Yours Sam Heaton

Solution is simple!Resize the FMC to make it smaller. The PMDG 737 was not designed specifically for the huge monitors we have nowadays and so the proportions are wrong. 744 and MD11 were coded differently and so this is not an issue for them.Leo Calzoni

If you don't feel like resizing, just click on the lower part of the number itself to type in that number.

If you don't feel like resizing, just click on the lower part of the number itself to type in that number.
You can also hit the keyboard button and type in the entries.