Sign in to follow this  
ranold

Activating FS9.1 scenery

I go into SCENERY LIBRARY, go into ADDON SCENERY, click on the scenery folder and it won't activate. It just tries to go into the subfolder of that parent scenery folder.Normally, it would just activate after you click on the parent scenery folder and you'd get the notice the restart FS for the changes to take place etc.Any ideas?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

Just an update... I found a fix, but there is indeed a bug.After clicking SCENERY LIBRARY, go into ADDON SCENERY folder and then clicking on KBOS/EGLL/KLAX etc folder and clicking OK, it will automatically going into the sub-directory........ go up and click on the UP ONE LEVEL button along the top and it should add the scenery to the scenery list.Weird issue.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

The fix you posted ALMOST worked for me. I've been having trouble with FS9 and Windows 7 since I bought the new computer. I've been trying to get my addon scenery to work for months! Your information was helpful, but I discovered I had to copy the addon file from my FS9 program file to MyDocuments. on the hard drive. Then I found you could only activate one scenery item at a time using the addon folder. I did find that if you take each subfolder from your addon file and copy or move it to your MyDocuments file, you can activate multiple areas. It's a pain, but worked for me. Before I couldn't add textures to my addon file in FS9, now I can add what I want. It's a work around, but that's the best I've come up with./My Documents /addon scenery /scenery /texture /Holy Toledo or/My Documents /Holy ToledoMeaning you can activate one area at a time using the example of Holy Toledo or you can place it directly into your My Docs and activate multiple add on scenes.I hope I explained that clearly, it makes sense to me, but I'm writing the darn thing and know what I'm trying to convey. It's not the first weird issue I've had with Windows 7.

Guest firehawk44
The fix you posted ALMOST worked for me. I've been having trouble with FS9 and Windows 7 since I bought the new computer. I've been trying to get my addon scenery to work for months! Your information was helpful, but I discovered I had to copy the addon file from my FS9 program file to MyDocuments. on the hard drive. Then I found you could only activate one scenery item at a time using the addon folder. I did find that if you take each subfolder from your addon file and copy or move it to your MyDocuments file, you can activate multiple areas. It's a pain, but worked for me. Before I couldn't add textures to my addon file in FS9, now I can add what I want. It's a work around, but that's the best I've come up with./My Documents /addon scenery /scenery /texture /Holy Toledo or/My Documents /Holy ToledoMeaning you can activate one area at a time using the example of Holy Toledo or you can place it directly into your My Docs and activate multiple add on scenes.I hope I explained that clearly, it makes sense to me, but I'm writing the darn thing and know what I'm trying to convey. It's not the first weird issue I've had with Windows 7.
The fix is pinned at the top of this forum....Best regards,Jim

That is weird. I just added scenery. I ended up having to go into the scenery config file and edit the entry there for it to work. I looked for similar entries and emulated one of them to make my addition work. Frustrating. That was for fs9.

Edited by eriksenp