Sign in to follow this  
neas1982

adding liveries 737

Hi Everyone,As I had problems with my hard drive, I had to delete everything. I installed windows 7 on it, then installed PMDG 737,747 and MD11 in that order. Everything is working fine except for 1 thing and that is adding liveries on the 737. It doesn't matter if I do through an installer with liveries from the website, or additional liveries I downloaded from the AVSIM library, I can't get them to show up in flightsim. I checked the aircraft.cfg and they are there and also the texture folders are in the correct place. Anybody any info on this?Grtz,Sean De Maere

Guest skynh
Hi Everyone,As I had problems with my hard drive, I had to delete everything. I installed windows 7 on it, then installed PMDG 737,747 and MD11 in that order. Everything is working fine except for 1 thing and that is adding liveries on the 737. It doesn't matter if I do through an installer with liveries from the website, or additional liveries I downloaded from the AVSIM library, I can't get them to show up in flightsim. I checked the aircraft.cfg and they are there and also the texture folders are in the correct place. Anybody any info on this?Grtz,Sean De Maere
Same problem for me. Can anyone suggest a fix for this?Frank Marafiote

Same problem for me. Can anyone suggest a fix for this?Frank Marafiote
I am not home so I can't check right now, but there is an aircraft definition file in FS9 for the liveries that sounds like it got corrupt. The liveries have to be ordered in a specific way for them to show up. If one gets out of sync then the others won't display for selection. I will check when I get home tonight and find the specific file. In the mean time maybe someone else remembers what file it is. :(

I am not home so I can't check right now, but there is an aircraft definition file in FS9 for the liveries that sounds like it got corrupt. The liveries have to be ordered in a specific way for them to show up. If one gets out of sync then the others won't display for selection. I will check when I get home tonight and find the specific file. In the mean time maybe someone else remembers what file it is. :(
To be clear, you can see added liveries for the other aircraft?

Hi,Yes MD11 and 747 were no problem. However, I solved it know. I think it had to do with the fs9 registry being corrupted. I executed a little program to correct that and now it works again!Thanks anyway

The biggest fix for this in Windows 7 and Vista is to make sure you Right Click the installer and choose to Run As Administrator.What is happening is that the installer does not have permission to edit the .cfg file in your Program Files folder. This is a security feature so that malware can not unknowingly attack programs' files. I hope this works for ya.What you'll learn is that right clicking and Run As Administrator is a big solution to most backward compatibility issues in Vista and 7. Also make sure you are running Flight Simulator 2004 as administrator.Derek Rogers

Guest ClearedDirect

Similar problem - I think.Downloaded some 738 Liveries and put them in the right place adjusted the aircraft.cfg file as needed but only one in 2d cockpit is the only one to show up. Added two more liveries and neither shows up in any configuration.I can still get the PMDG livery to show and function in any configuration (2d, vc, vccab).This applies only to the 738 w/winglets. All other types and liveries show up just fine. Oh and I am running FS9 with XPPuzzling....Gene Levulis

It sounds like there is a / somewhere it shouldn't be and/or a missing [fltsim.x] line or something. Ensure you have them all numbered sequentially from [fltsim.0] to what ever number of liveries you have installed. 15 liveries will have the last one numbered [fltsim.14].

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Guest ClearedDirect

Thanks for the input.Checked the order, all seems to be in the right numerical sequence.Would like to post the portion of my aircraft.cfg file with liveries here, but not sure if that is allowed.I did try installing a livery direct from PMDG - the aircraft does not show up either. It did not follow the sequence as mentioned above during the auto install - but even after adjusting the numbers the aircraft still are not showing up.It is strange that only one added livery aircraft - 2d panel version, shows up. And it is the first aircraft after the default PMDG models. I just dont see anything out of the ordinary with the rest....GL

Thanks for the input.Checked the order, all seems to be in the right numerical sequence.Would like to post the portion of my aircraft.cfg file with liveries here, but not sure if that is allowed.I did try installing a livery direct from PMDG - the aircraft does not show up either. It did not follow the sequence as mentioned above during the auto install - but even after adjusting the numbers the aircraft still are not showing up.It is strange that only one added livery aircraft - 2d panel version, shows up. And it is the first aircraft after the default PMDG models. I just dont see anything out of the ordinary with the rest....GL
You can post the config file with the livery sequencing. Just copy and paste. It could be helpful.

Guest ClearedDirect

Great.See below and let me know where I went wrong. fltsim.3 is the last one that shows up (Delta 2D cockpit).Thanks...[fltsim.0]title=PMDG 737-800 - Wingletssim=B737-800WLmodel=WLpanel=sound=texture=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N738PMatc_airline=atc_flight_number=737ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - 2D Cockpit Onlyui_variation=PMDG w/Wingletsdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B26 engines v 1.0\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REFkb_checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECK[fltsim.1]title=PMDG 737-800 - Winglets Virtual Cockpitsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCpanel=VCsound=texture=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N738PMatc_airline=atc_flight_number=737ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpitui_variation=PMDG w/Wingletsdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B26 engines v 1.0\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REFkb_checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECK[fltsim.2]title=PMDG 737-800 - Winglets Virtual Cockpit/Cabinsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCCABpanel=VCsound=texture=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N738PMatc_airline=atc_flight_number=737ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpit & Cabinui_variation=PMDG w/Wingletsdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B26 engines v 1.0\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REFkb_checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECK[fltsim.3]title=PMDG 737-832 Delta (WingletS) N3744Fsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLpanel=sound=texture=N3744Fatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N3744Fatc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=108ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - 2D Cockpit Onlyui_variation=Delta N3744Fdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B26 engines v 1.0\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REFfltsim.4]title=PMDG 737-832 Delta (Winglets) Virtual Cockpitsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCpanel=VCsound=texture=N3744Fatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N3744Fatc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=108ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpitui_variation=Delta N3744Fdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B26 engines v 1.0\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REFfltsim.5]title=PMDG 737-832 Delta (WingletS) N3744F Virtual Cockpit/Cabinsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCCABpanel=VCsound=texture=N3744Fatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N3744Fatc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=108ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpit & Cabinui_variation=Delta N3744Fdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B26 engines v 1.0\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF[fltsim.6]title=PMDG B737-823 American (Winglets) N971ANsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLpanel=sound=texture=N971ANatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N971ANatc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=1256ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - 2D Cockpit Onlyui_variation=American Airlines N971ANdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B24 engines v 1.2\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF[fltsim.7]title=PMDG B737-823 (Winglets) American Airlines N971AN - Virtual Cockpitsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCpanel=VCsound=texture=N971ANchecklists=PMDG737NG_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N971ANatc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=1256ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpitui_variation=American Airlines N971ANdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B24 engines v 1.2\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF[fltsim.8]title=PMDG B737-823 (Winglets) American Airlines N971AN - Virtual Cockpit & Cabinsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCCABpanel=VCsound=texture=N971ANchecklists=PMDG737NG_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N971ANatc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=1256ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpit & Cabinui_variation=American Airlines N971ANdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B24 engines v 1.2\nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com \nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks \nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson \nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology \nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF[fltsim.9]title=Pan American Airways B737-800 (Winglets) - Virtual Cockpitsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCpanel=vcsound=texture=panamatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N738PAatc_airline=atc_flight_number=1229ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpitui_variation=Pan American w/Wingletsdescription=FS2004 PMDG Boeing 737-800 of Pan American Airways. In Pan Am's Billboard livery as it was on Pan Am aircraft before closing its doors in 1991. I gave it the registration N738PA and title "Clipper Belle of the Sea". It was the first and only aircraft under the "Clipper Belle of the Sea" title, and N738PA registration. It was bestowed, originally apon a Boeing 747-100 in 1970 which it remained. Textures only for the payware PMDG B737-800 model. Repaint by Derek Anderson.atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REFkb_checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECK

Great.See below and let me know where I went wrong. fltsim.3 is the last one that shows up (Delta 2D cockpit).Thanks...fltsim.4]title=PMDG 737-832 Delta (Winglets) Virtual Cockpitsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCfltsim.5]title=PMDG 737-832 Delta (WingletS) N3744F Virtual Cockpit/Cabinsim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCCAB
Ok fix this and then let's see if it works: "fltsim.4]" needs to be "[fltsim.4]". Same for 5. Both entries missing the open bracket.

Guest ClearedDirect

Unbelievable....!That did it. If you only knew how many times I looked at that .cfg file trying to figure out what was wrong.Thank you very much, I guess sometimes it just needs another set of eyes looking at it.GL

Yeah, I have a problem too... The livery manager wont install it just gives me an error message "ERROR: pmdg_airstairs.bmp could not be found" then it freezes up and crashes. And so want the liveries SOOOO BADDDD p.s. this happens on ALL of the liveries. Nail%20Biting.gif :( Straight%20Face.gif :( :(

Yeah, I have a problem too... The livery manager wont install it just gives me an error message "ERROR: pmdg_airstairs.bmp could not be found" then it freezes up and crashes. And so want the liveries SOOOO BADDDD p.s. this happens on ALL of the liveries. Nail%20Biting.gif :( Straight%20Face.gif :( :(
You need to sign you full name on your post, forum rules. Need a lot more information: System spec, OS, add-ons, etc.