Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

CTD when accessing menus - was there ever a fix?

Hello, I am experiencing the occasional CTD when accessing the menus. The poor guys over at the Ultimate Traffic forum are getting blamed for this but my research has shown that it may have something to do with uiautomationcore.dll. It just may be manifesting itself after the installation of UT2 because with UT, you will tend to access the menus more frequently.Most of the information I found was regarding Windows 7 RC and the issue seems to have gone off the radar.Was there a fix for this problem? If so, was it as simple as installing the uiautomationcore.dll from Vista32 in to the main FSX folder?Were can I get the .dll?Thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

The .dll provided in the link above fixes the problem for sure. :)

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The .dll provided in the link above fixes the problem for sure. :)
Where does one put the dll?ThanksAybe

I put it in my main FSX folder and also in my C\Windows\System32 folder.....No more CTD,s....Lou

Guest abulaafia
fsx root, then register it

fsx root, then register it
Do you have to register it in both Win Sys 32 and FSX ? my FSX resides on another HD. Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\UIAutomationCore.dll"

Guest firehawk44
Get it here...linkIt stopped all my CTD,s....Lou
The uiautomationcore.dll is related to the .net Framework 3.5: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747327.aspx. You need to download and install the latest version from Microsoft. Normally this is done through Windows update automatically but for some reason not everyone gets it. It's possible that someone had their auto updates turned off and didn't manually update their OS.Best regards,Jim

Guest kbpilot5

Hey guys,Do you need to register the dll for your FSX root folder too or not? ThanksKevin

Hey guys,Im getting these CTD as well. Win 7 comes with .net framework 3.5.1 if I understand correctly. I've tried replacing the UIAutomationCore.dll with the one in the attached link but it won't let me, saying I don\t have permission. I'm an administrator on this PC however.I also note that the version I'm replacing is more current than the one from the above link.Does anybody have any advice on how to replace this item?AB

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs