Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

It's Out: Fly Grenadines by FlyTampa

Just noticed on their front page today. Includes the following- 5 airports: Bequia (TVSB), Mustique (TVSM), Canouan (TVSC), Union (TVSU), Carriacou (TGPZ).- Islands covered with Photoscenery, custom Autogen and Mesh.- Sloped runways.- Animated AI-Ships.Looks pretty good. I will have to give it a shot.Screen shots look pretty nice, especially the sloped runway.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I hope this is an indication that FT will start pumping out more sceneries for FSX, I love their stuff.

Is it just me or did anyone notice the fake-looking textures, mainly on that sloped runway. It looks like something from a cartoon. Other than that the package looks decent.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is it just me or did anyone notice the fake-looking textures, mainly on that sloped runway. It looks like something from a cartoon. Other than that the package looks decent.
Which pic? #1 or #9?Could be the lighting or the screen shot compression. Normally I think their textures look really good imho.

Fantastic!!! FlyTampa's work is Superb!!!Thanks for the info/downloading now!

Guest Bonkey
I hope this is an indication that FT will start pumping out more sceneries for FSX, I love their stuff.
The runway has Specular reflections which is a first for MS flightsim I think.

Which pic? #1 or #9?Could be the lighting or the screen shot compression. Normally I think their textures look really good imho.
Normally I do too, but something just irks me about this pic, sorta looks as if it was slapped on.... compared to a runway from FTX:(comparing these because they are both texture-based runways, rather than the standard FSX runway object)ftcartoon.jpgypec.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest ArtieLange
Normally I do too, but something just irks me about this pic, sorta looks as if it was slapped on.... compared to a runway from FTX:(comparing these because they are both texture-based runways, rather than the standard FSX runway object)
I think that FTX runway looks horrible, like a bad, low res aerial photo. It looks like no texture was added to the photoscenery, it was just left looking crappy.You are probably seeing the shine from spec lighting on the first pic

Hi All,Wentto Flytampa site, clicked on the purchase Grenadines button, no grenadines listed, clicked on simmarket button, no grenadines listed! Can't buy the product if I can't find it. Any suggestions anyone? How did you guys manage to buy it?Alex C

Hi All,Wentto Flytampa site, clicked on the purchase Grenadines button, no grenadines listed, clicked on simmarket button, no grenadines listed! Can't buy the product if I can't find it. Any suggestions anyone? How did you guys manage to buy it?Alex C
Yes I had the same problem. Choose another product from Products page, that will take you to BMT purchase page. You will see the Grendines product checkbox and you can select it. IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO UNCHECK whatever product you initially selected from the products page or you will end up buying two products.Jeff[EDIT] I just installed and had an error in the scenery configuration. I think the product link may have been deleted until a new installer is uploaded. You may want to wait until they restore the link on the product page.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Yeah they had to pull it for a moment to fix something. It will probably be back up soon.

Yeah they had to pull it for a moment to fix something. It will probably be back up soon.
Does that mean that the one I downloaded 3 hours ago is no good?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Does that mean that the one I downloaded 3 hours ago is no good?
It is likley that you will have problems similar to the ones I experienced. Wrong entry in scenery.cfg (which I attempted to correct manually) and I have too sparse autogen. I am going to wait until they put up a new installer, then re-download.Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I think that FTX runway looks horrible, like a bad, low res aerial photo. It looks like no texture was added to the photoscenery, it was just left looking crappy.You are probably seeing the shine from spec lighting on the first pic
Both look awesome to me. (shrug). I love orbx stuff, and I love FlyTampa stuff. Both of them are pushing the state-of-the-art in FSX by miles. It's hard to judge quality by individual screen shots. I've flown over products from both developers that are as close to reality as I've ever seen in FSX.And it actually leaves me a bit torn because I just got Orbx Australia buzzing along nicely and was thinking about putting in some serious flight time, and now FlyTampa is coming along with their distractions.

Yeah it's nice having a lot of good choices of sceneries to fly around.