Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

Incredible CRJ-200 video including night lighting!

Guest BionicCrab

This I'm guessing will be payware? :)

This I'm guessing will be payware? :)
Yes payware! If you want good stuff you need to pay for it.Here's his website, he's produced a number products now and each new release "raises the bar" a little further. The CRJ-200 promises to be truly outstanding.http://www.jrollon.com/ :(

Matthew S

that is one pretty detailed aircraft. It looks awesome. I don't even want to think how many hours have been expended on it's development. Wonder how X-plane handles all that detail?I'd really like to see something as highly detailed but more GA oriented, but I think it will come eventually.Regards Pete

that is one pretty detailed aircraft. It looks awesome. I don't even want to think how many hours have been expended on it's development. Wonder how X-plane handles all that detail?
According to various X-Plane devs it can handle models with far more polygons than FSX!

Matthew S

Guest Cameron
According to various X-Plane devs it can handle models with far more polygons than FSX!
This is correct. Thanks for posting the link to our product. We're excited to be bringing this out to show off just what X-Plane really can do! :)
that is one pretty detailed aircraft. It looks awesome. I don't even want to think how many hours have been expended on it's development. Wonder how X-plane handles all that detail?I'd really like to see something as highly detailed but more GA oriented, but I think it will come eventually.Regards Pete
X-Plane handles the detail quite well. That video is recorded on a two year old system. Nothing fancy, but over 50fps and, as you can see, great detail.GA planes are coming. Promise. :)

Guest BionicCrab

Thanks Cameron.. I look forward to this product...when it is released we'll definitely be able to rub it in the faces of all the non-believers! Godspeed!

Thanks for posting the link to our product. We're excited to be bringing this out to show off just what X-Plane really can do! :)
Expert commercial developers like yourselves will be instrumental is convincing more FS9/FSX'ers to take up X-Plane. The cockpit/external night lighting in the CRJ200 video is better than anything I know of for FSX and that includes the PMDG MD11 for FSX.Looks like your working on a proper FMC too! Keep up the good work and please keep the videos and screenshots coming as they really help to drum up interest in your product and make simmers and other developers aware of how good XP can be!

Matthew S

I truly hope we begin to see more and more quality add ons for this sim. As some have said, it is reported that X-Plane has some serious potential to become a truly awesome sim.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I'm not happy with the "XP is better than FSX" attitude (because both have their strengths and weaknesses) but that was the nicest XP acft video I've seen. That night lighting looks very well done, so does the product. The only thing I would change is the taxi lights from the exterior - unless that is some sort of bloom feature - the halos are too large (same annoying thing happens in FSX unless it is coded correctly)Good luck with the product. It is one that may convince me to actually try a non-demo of XP ;)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm not happy with the "XP is better than FSX" attitude (because both have their strengths and weaknesses) but that was the nicest XP acft video I've seen.
I understand where your coming from re the XP v FSX, I suppose to a degree it is inevitable. I switched to X-plane when FSX was released and have no regrets. FSX is now at a standstill with the exception of the scenery/aircraft developers, while X-plane development is going forward at an increasing rate and more and more flight simmers are picking up the tools available producing the aircraft such as the topic of this thread.I am certain it will continue to gather impetus.Regards Pete

I understand where your coming from re the XP v FSX, I suppose to a degree it is inevitable. I switched to X-plane when FSX was released and have no regrets. FSX is now at a standstill with the exception of the scenery/aircraft developers, while X-plane development is going forward at an increasing rate and more and more flight simmers are picking up the tools available producing the aircraft such as the topic of this thread.I am certain it will continue to gather impetus.
Scenery and aircraft developers are what really makes a sim, so FSX isn't exactly at a standstill by any means.................. but I really enjoyed that video. I like seeing fine graphic detail such as this. It really is incredible looking! L.Adamson

Good add-ons decide whether a sim is successful or not. Seeing a CRJ being developed for X-Plane, this could be the beginning of a turning point where X-Plane could gain momentum towards getting a viable alternative to FSX for "serious" simmers like me.Andreas