Sign in to follow this  
WacUK

MD-11 Cargo - Guinness Livery

Hello all,I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone here could paint me a Guinness livery for the PMDG MD-11 Cargo, please ?I love to fly the MD-11 and I like Guinness too, so I thought it would be nice to mix the two so I can deliver Guinness goodness to all my destinations !! :(I know it's a bit silly but it's just a bit of fun, if anyone could help I'd be more than happy. :(

Hello all,I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone here could paint me a Guinness livery for the PMDG MD-11 Cargo, please ?I love to fly the MD-11 and I like Guinness too, so I thought it would be nice to mix the two so I can deliver Guinness goodness to all my destinations !! :(I know it's a bit silly but it's just a bit of fun, if anyone could help I'd be more than happy. :(
I don't think it's at all silly, I'd love to help but not sure I can make the time right now. But you might get someone able and more willing if you post a link to it, or screenshot, and any specific tail number for variation ;-) (If it actually exists of course).I know I often skip over requests but tend to do the ones that have more info, cough cough, :( haha.I like the Black & Tan personally, straight Guinness can have some terrible next day effects for me. I'm from Boston so prefer my Sam Adams :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Ok, well I decided to take this on as a project haha. I have some idea's I think You'll really like. I already started it and will let you know when done.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Well, I played around and got the engines done anyway. Will work on the rest later but thought you might like a couple screenshots.Here is one of the choices I decided on for the Left and Right engines. For the PW engines I went with the glass, and the GE engines (Still working on) are going to be Guinness kegs. I did my best to make it look like the foam was the lip of the engine. Also notice the inside. I finally got the blend right and the rim of the glass to match up. Finally, I added a frost layer to give it a little more realism at altitude haha."Picture 1" "Picture 2" Here is my pride and joy so far. This took a while, and the screen shots don't do it any justice, but it really looks like the exact can. The bottom took a while but my favorite part is the added glare, it gives it a nice sense of depth in game."Picture 3" "Picture 4"Heres just one better showing the frost look on the front engines with the rear can also. I figured I post the pix the way I did rather than put pix of beer on the forum."Picture 5"Don't mind the fuse, it's my testbed folder and just haven't done the cargo fuse yet, besides I'll probably make one for passengers anyway, one with a big stain on the roof from the can spilling over :( I'll keep you posted.

Dan Prunier

Wow, nice work so far! :( I really appreciate the work you have put in, I look forward to seeing what the finished product will look like!Thank you! :(

Those engines are awesome. I know that you're a FSX user but is it possible that when your done can you convert it for FS9.

I'm wondering what callsign to use with this one - "Burp" maybe (as in "Burp eleven request IFR clearance to Dublin").Fun idea, creating a Guiness repaint!

Those engines are awesome. I know that you're a FSX user but is it possible that when your done can you convert it for FS9.
Thanks Daniel, I actually never did a FS9 paint. I'll have to look into it and file type etc. When I'm finished I'll download a paint and check the layout also to see if it's the same as in the dds files. I think it was just saved as a .bmp but will have to check. Funny thing was, as some FS9 users don't want to convert to FSX due to the amount of addons they have, I was the same with 2002 hehe. So I only had FS9 installed for a couple weeks before going to FSX.
Wow, nice work so far! :( I really appreciate the work you have put in, I look forward to seeing what the finished product will look like!Thank you! :(
Hey Adam, I never did an MD-11 paint until now and was wondering if you had a preferance between the 11F and 11CF. I don't do any cargo flying so honestly don't even know the difference.

Dan Prunier

The addons are the main reason; of course I'm not helping because I just bought REXFS2004 and got the HDR plugin working. It looks awesome.

Well I didn't get much done last night on the livery, but in the spirit of trying to be a thorough researcher for the project, I took my research to the field (the Pub). After trading in my flight yoke for a pool cue and many, many drinks later, got some ideas to play with today, so off to work I goes (((Hiccup))) :( .... now where did I put them Tylenol?

Dan Prunier

Maybe your on to something good. Beer Paints for PMDG aircraft such as (these are my favorites):Guinness (you're already on it)Yuengling Black and TanBlue MoonSam AdamsKilliansNewcastleNothing like flying a sixpack of PMDG!!

Dan, that's a really cool paint job. Maybe it should be an Air Lingus repaint?

Maybe your on to something good. Beer Paints for PMDG aircraft such as (these are my favorites):Nothing like flying a sixpack of PMDG!!

I second that!!

Well, I did put a green clover on it, if that helps :)However, may need to remove it but still not sure. Update for the others. I'm still at it, but trying to do a custom design which is harder than doing replica's. Here is one of my last paints. This one I'm trying to do things I never tried before, like put things on the roof and nose, so it is a tough challenge to say the least since the way the paints lay on the framework. I've also been working on a paint tutorial at the same time as this so progress is a little slow. I did finish the GE engines, should you want them."Picture" "Picture 2"I've made a lot more progress but rather not post pix yet, since I'm still not sure if I'll keep the same ideas or not. Hope to be finished later tonight or tomorrow.

Dan Prunier