Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I now own FS9.75....

I am mid-way between my departure airport of Phoenix's Sky Harbor enroute at FL260 outbound towards Oakland, California.I am running FS9.75, and it looks drop-dead GORGEOUS!Version FS9.75 you say? Yes! If you buy, and run both Ground Environment Pro II and Real Environment Xtreme 2004 version, you will have a complete upgrade of FS9 to make it only 25 percent BELOW FSX (or FS10) :)In running these two programs, FS9 has been transformed into a most SERIOUS challenge to FSX. I thought that I would NEVER be typing this..but..it is true. FS9.75 is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.Where do I start?!?!? G.E. Pro II (Peter Wilding) has given FS9.75 such convincingly real landscape, with wonderful landclass, city/town/village depictions, mountains, ravines, rivers, streams...all TOP NOTCH!! TOP, frikin NOTCH! Well done, the G.E. Pro II team. You have tweaked the textures and colors to stardom! FS9.75 has come alive, and the money to purchase the program, no longer viewed as an expense, but regarded by myself as an astute simulation investment.REX2004...for what it is doing to the sky above G.E. Pro's domain...is a TOTAL compliment. The morning sun's advancing and animated corona..with at least three sub-hues of color SPLASH across the morning sky as a perfect advance of blended hues of pink, red, rose, give finally, way to blended hues of blues/whites and combinations thereof. It's not getting any better than this, folks! I have AS 6.5 tied into producing CUSTOM ground textures by slaving G.E. Pro as my flight plan advances. With all the custom texture sets I created when first setting up G.E. Pro, this sim is a SERIOUS EYE CANDY SUPREME DELIGHT! O.M.G.! What an IDIOT, I was to decide to pass G.E. Pro II by, when it first came out. I realize that I have wasted MONTHS of what would have been such personal satisfaction. What a waste of time...on my part. The program is that good! REX2004 is giving me wonderful flight environments to fly through...as well as a great interpretation of lake, stream, river, and ocean bodies of water and their color depending on my viewpoint, azimuth of the sun, cloudscape....I am in 7th heaven!So..what does the above all add up to? Microsoft's NEW FS9 'upgraded' to version FS9.75Back to the flight, and looking forwards to seeing what San Francisco Bay and Area will look like as the day/flight progresses.FS9.75, now for sale at your local flight sim shop. Just add water, an egg, and two programs, here fore mentioned, LOLOLOL!Cheers,Mitch'er

Now head over to the screenshots forum and show the world!
-------------------------------------------There are a couple of other posts on this forum where the two posters did not see any benefit between G.E. and G.E. Pro II. They stated that the screenies 'looked' the same to them. In that statement, and from reading other person's comments over the years when someone has uploaded a screenshot that (even by the person uploading) truly does NOT totally resemble the visual quality that the user has on his actual system,....... personally for myself, I just don't bother with them. That's my general stance regarding screenshots. For instance, with G.E. Pro II, you can change (as you already know) the contrast and luminescence of the textures and write them back to the drive. That modification could only be seen in real time. Sending a compressed jpeg or gif as 'proof' of what you are typing about...is to my way of thinking a disservice to those contemplating a purchase.I have truly based my purchases on what others have said, as I believe that they know what is quality before them, and what is not. I have never been disappointed by reading what those said for yea or nay.To get version 9.75, you just need to buy the programs, run 'em...and enjoy in real-time. :) But then...you already have both these programs, so know what I am writing about...:)2 cents....lol.

-------------------------------------------There are a couple of other posts on this forum where the two posters did not see any benefit between G.E. and G.E. Pro II. They stated that the screenies 'looked' the same to them. In that statement, and from reading other person's comments over the years when someone has uploaded a screenshot that (even by the person uploading) truly does NOT totally resemble the visual quality that the user has on his actual system,....... personally for myself, I just don't bother with them. That's my general stance regarding screenshots. For instance, with G.E. Pro II, you can change (as you already know) the contrast and luminescence of the textures and write them back to the drive. That modification could only be seen in real time. Sending a compressed jpeg or gif as 'proof' of what you are typing about...is to my way of thinking a disservice to those contemplating a purchase.I have truly based my purchases on what others have said, as I believe that they know what is quality before them, and what is not. I have never been disappointed by reading what those said for yea or nay.To get version 9.75, you just need to buy the programs, run 'em...and enjoy in real-time. :) But then...you already have both these programs, so know what I am writing about...:)2 cents....lol.
HelloJust wait till you try all of the above along with the Embseries plugin and N.Needhams ini fileFull instructions in Nicks post belowhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=32482

I am running FS9.75, and it looks drop-dead GORGEOUS!
:( :( :( FS9.75 you say? I have it, too, you know, but until now I wasn't aware it was so close to FSX with it's version No. B) I second Mad dog's suggestion, try the ENB series bloom, that should raise the version No. even higher...We've never had it this good, methinks. These are the "good old times", right now. Regards,Jure

HelloJust wait till you try all of the above along with the Embseries plugin and N.Needhams ini fileFull instructions in Nicks post belowhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=32482
I notice that the instructions are for FSX. Does this work in FS9 also?I assume so since this is a FS9 Forum but would like confirmation.gwillmotP.S. : Shift-F12 is now being used by EZ-VFR on my system.....is there a way to change the activation of your procedure?

Hi All,Update FSX the same ways and you'll have FS10.75!

Guest Zevious Zoquis
At 60fps with decent AI traffic, high density scenery and autogen, real weather and lots of high def clouds? :(

At 10.75 FPS! :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I've been using GE PRO II and ASV6.5 for around 3 years, and as far as I know GE Pro doesn't change textures 'on the fly', for example if you leave the airport under sunny skies you will still have a 'sky clear' ground texture when you hit that big storm 100 mils down the track. Not a criticism, but that's the way FS9 works. Even using a AS6.5 flight plan to generate the textures used will only get you an 'average' texture for the whole route, so leaving in sunlight and landing in overcast will give something like a ''mostly cloudy' texture.If I'm wrong (and I'd be happy indeed to be proven so), please let me know how to set GE Pro to change things.Is REX2004 incredibly better than FE2004? I'd like to hear from someone who has both.Cheers, SLuggy

At 10.75 FPS! :(
Not on my 3+ year old computer. Locked at 30FPS.
At 60fps with decent AI traffic, high density scenery and autogen, real weather and lots of high def clouds? :(
All I have is 30FPS Locked. AI Traffic at 100%, don't care for auto gen without alpha fade, ASA for weather, and X Graphics for clouds.UTXGEXI still am looking at FS10.75!!

Dittos on Ground Environment.Also good is Flight Environment for clouds,skies and water affects (includes a 'surprise me now' radomizer).I also use real roads (USA roads ) in order to vfr along familiar roads I know from driving them.As for bloom, I could never get it to work. Installed it year or two ago, never saw any difference whatsoever and gave up after a few hours trying to make it actually do something.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Is REX2004 incredibly better than FE2004? I'd like to hear from someone who has both.Sluggy,Yes, I would like to find that out too. I am running FS2004 on dual core 1.73Ghz Laptop and Vista and it runs just fine. Would REX run similarly well? I am also running VOZ 1.8 for ground textures for Australia - Will GE Pro 11 interfere with that or can I run VOZ in Australia and GE PRo 11 elsewhere?Gerry

Not on my 3+ year old computer. Locked at 30FPS.All I have is 30FPS Locked. AI Traffic at 100%, don't care for auto gen without alpha fade, ASA for weather, and X Graphics for clouds.UTXGEXI still am looking at FS10.75!!
Then why come to this forum and tell those of us still in FS9. Go to the FSX forum and brag about 10.75.

Mitch you should be a salesman, lol.I almost want to drag out the 4 FS9 disks to reinstall it and see how it is on modern hardware. Now that REX is available for FS9 it would sure make a difference. I still have all my addons for FS9 on my backup HD just in case I ever wanted to try it out. I have UT and GE Pro for FS9 and I agree that Ge Pro was pretty good, especially compared to the stock FS9 textures. I guess the only addon I would need if I was going to retry FS9 would be REX. Maybe when I have some spare time I will give it a try, although since I have FSX working so well and mostly just fly tubes, i'm not so sure FS9 would benefit me at all since I get good performance with high levels of AI at major hubs. Plus I just added the bloom plug in and that really increased the overall look.Curosity will probably get the best of me and I will give it a shot. I knew I should have bought the 1TB hard drive instead of the 500 GB, darn.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator