Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wedge2566

Start up guide?

Guest Wedge2566

I am totally new to the 747. I have read through the manual and also watched a couple of tutorials on youtube, but I get into the cockpit and I am lost.Is there a .pdf that has step by step protocols with a screen shot on what to do on start up - something that I can print off and use as a point of reference when looking at all the different switches, buttons, ect. on the various panels. I searched the library for any files, but nothing has turned up.Thanks.

I am totally new to the 747. I have read through the manual and also watched a couple of tutorials on youtube, but I get into the cockpit and I am lost.Is there a .pdf that has step by step protocols with a screen shot on what to do on start up - something that I can print off and use as a point of reference when looking at all the different switches, buttons, ect. on the various panels. I searched the library for any files, but nothing has turned up.Thanks.
Please post your full name in this forum.There are a few checklists out there that walk you through start-up, etc. Also, download the type rating course (4 of them) from the PMDG website. They are very thorough.For the FMC, I found reading the manual, watching some you tube videos and trial and error to be the best teacher.

Like Doug said there are tons of video's on youtube, just take notes and make your own checklist as they describe it. My personal favorite, and the way I got started was AOA's DVD's. http://www.flyaoamedia.com/pmdg-747-training-package-1.html

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest Wedge2566

Im looking for a check list that goes along with a screen shot of the panel(s) of what buttons/switches that needs to be pushed/flipped in order. I cannot follow along with a video. I need a hardcopy - think of it as a "visual check list" where I can look at printout when I am sitting in the pit, showing me where everything is, where to look, and in what order.For example the below panel would have a series of numbers over the particular buttons or switches. The numbers would represent the order in which the buttons/switches should be pushed/flipped/turned.744X_FSX_05.jpg

Im looking for a check list that goes along with a screen shot of the panel(s) of what buttons/switches that needs to be pushed/flipped in order. I cannot follow along with a video. I need a hardcopy - think of it as a "visual check list" where I can look at printout when I am sitting in the pit, showing me where everything is, where to look, and in what order.For example the below panel would have a series of numbers over the particular buttons or switches. The numbers would represent the order in which the buttons/switches should be pushed/flipped/turned.
There are many out there do some googling,,, and as already asked "Please post your full name in this forum." Or add it to your sig

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Im looking for a check list that goes along with a screen shot of the panel(s) of what buttons/switches that needs to be pushed/flipped in order. I cannot follow along with a video. I need a hardcopy - think of it as a "visual check list" where I can look at printout when I am sitting in the pit, showing me where everything is, where to look, and in what order.
I reiterate my suggestion of the Type rating files. It has pictures along the way as needed. Even if you don't do the actual file part, the pdf guides are very thorough.Here's four things you should learn by yourself right away all in the top left corner of the overhead. 1. turn on battery. If the cover is closed, right click to open. If not, left click until it says "on" 2. Turn Standy power to auto. 3. Next, I always start the APU - to the right of the battery. 4. When the APU power says "AVAIL" push them. And, you're on your way. Those 4 steps are helpful to get things running before the battery dies (which it will eventually). It will also give you time to play around - my favorite part - with sytems like the air (packs), the HYD, etc.

Guest Wedge2566

Thanks for the help and sugestions.