Sign in to follow this  
Sexair

Can't the doors open either, but tried everything.

Truly strange.Having a whale of a time flying my DHL freighter from East midlands to Brussels recently, but every time I try and open the doors... nothingI know you have to map the keys in the 'key assignment menu... and I have.Been trying Shift+D and the

Hi ??Can you whack in your name so we can converse a tad better as per forum rules.These are the codes (below)I used for the Freighter. I first went into FSX and downloaded all the used codes then worked out,(1) what was not used(2) what I would not useI then went into FSX and removed the codes I did not want to use.(options, settings,controls,button keys,delete key assignmentThe went into PMDG and inserted the codes. You will notice, you do NOT get a warning the code is in use. Out of habit, I get the APU working and usually, APU Gen 1 on, with no warnings on the CDU, So then I know all busses connected okThe doors will operate at any time(you do not need to be at the gate. Passenger stairs Ctrl+shift+F12 OK (this was my testing to show worked ok, you do NOT use the 'ok')Tail Jack stand Ctrl+shift+F11 OKLoader nose Ctrl+F5 OKLoader fwd right Ctrl+shift+F9 OKloader aft right Ctrl+shift+F8 OKLoader aft left Ctrl+shift+F7 OKEntry doors all left Ctrl+shift+8 OKEntry doors upper Ctrl+shift+7 OKCargo doors all Ctrl+shift+F6 OKEntry door 1L Ctrl+shift+5 OKEntry door 5L Ctrl+shift+4 OKEntry door UR Ctrl+F12 OKCargo door nose Ctrl+shift+P OKCargo door left Ctrl+F11 OKCargo door fwd Ctrl+F10 OKCargo door aft Ctrl+F9 OKCargo door bulk Ctrl+F8 OKIf you want to PM me, I will send you my sheet of all FSX key strokesThe external power supply is available from the add-ons drop down menu. It may take about 2 minutes for the connection to happen and you must be at the gate.See in the Operating manual 747,400F Differences section 13.5 to get the external power working on the Freighter

Geoff Bryce

Geoff,That's super kind of you to provide a sensible and logical way of mapping the doors. I Was having trouble working out was was taken and what wasn't. I 'm now going to try it again with my new found knowledge. Interesting it doesn't necessarily tell you of key conflicts. That could be my issue. I'm going to erase any possible conflicts as advised.I'll let you know how I get on....p.s. Not sure where to 'whack in a name'... sorry new to the whole forum thing. In fact that was my first post ever, so I really appreciate your quick and well informed reply. I'll look into it now. :)

Just a quick one to say thanks.Geoff your a diamond.Your advise worked a dream. I had to go in and erase conflicts I didn't know were there.It's amazing how many combos are already taken.You just saved me hours of mindless experimentation.Looks a lot better at the depot at EGNX now.

The freighter looks fantastic. AND....if you go to Marc Westofens's site www.bleedair.de you will see he has a solution to actually getting the loaders to work. Great work by him.And you should either simply put your name at the end of the post or add it to your personal information(signature) when you signed up for the forum and you "signature(full name)' will appear whenever you post without having to think about it.Regards

Geoff Bryce