Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Captain Sim 727 Updates for those interested

Thought any one who bought the 727 last week during the sale, or for that matter anyone who already owns the 727 will be interested to see that one of the members on the Captain Sim forums has compiled and packaged a set of tweaks and fixes for the following.The stuff that says (by me) means from Matt2218 at the forum, not me cmpbellsjc.- Autopilot Mod (by me)- EPR Gauge Mod (code fix by Michael2, gauge compiled by me)- VSI Gauge Fix (by me)- Altimeter Fix (code fix by COL Bob Scott, gauges compiled by me)- Flap Handle VC marking fix (by me)- Fuel Crossfeed Instructions (written by JETPILOT)- NAV/GPS Button Instructions (by me)You can download the fixes here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ee4d965...484252731ec8cd1or read the whole thread here: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1261409734This 727 has quickly become one of my favorites since I got it during the sale and these fixes will really help to make it more enjoyable.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thought any one who bought the 727 last week during the sale, or for that matter anyone who already owns the 727 will be interested to see that one of the members on the Captain Sim forums has compiled and packaged a set of tweaks and fixes for the following.The stuff that says (by me) means from Matt2218 at the forum, not me cmpbellsjc.- Autopilot Mod (by me)- EPR Gauge Mod (code fix by Michael2, gauge compiled by me)- VSI Gauge Fix (by me)- Altimeter Fix (code fix by COL Bob Scott, gauges compiled by me)- Flap Handle VC marking fix (by me)- Fuel Crossfeed Instructions (written by JETPILOT)- NAV/GPS Button Instructions (by me)You can download the fixes here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ee4d965...484252731ec8cd1or read the whole thread here: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1261409734This 727 has quickly become one of my favorites since I got it during the sale and these fixes will really help to make it more enjoyable.
Thanks to all who were involved in doing/posting this.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Thank you very much!!!Just one question: Can these fix/mods be used even with the latest release (2.2)?Thanks again!!!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thank you very much!!!Just one question: Can these fix/mods be used even with the latest release (2.2)?Thanks again!!!
I would assume so since I am running version 2.2 and the things that are fixed in the package Matt uploaded are still currently not fixed in 2.2. I haven't installed it yet, but I will in the next hour or so if I get a chance. Just make sure to back up the files you are replacing that way you can revert back if you need to.

Thank you for notice on the update. I haven't used my 727s much. I do plan to fly my 727-200F. It will probably be next in line behind my LH Maddog as I plan to focus my sim-flying on one plane per usage of FSX instead of 4-5 planes each time I turn on the system.

Keith Guillory

Thanks for putting this together. The CS 727 has become one of my favorite planes too.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Guest ceo1944

Thanks this is great for those of us who love the 727. I too bought it during the sale (I was content with my freeware version until I could afford the CS version which looks and functions beautifully.) It's a shame it's such a framerate killer though.Alas, the most annoying bug is still there -- the incorrect display of the altimeter setting.I'm going to take some time and see if I can squash that one. Who should I send the fix to for inclusion?Dutch

Guest 413X3

just wanted to bump this, a new update is out. I really really want to fly a 727, can these mods be updated for the 2.4 update?

just wanted to bump this, a new update is out. I really really want to fly a 727, can these mods be updated for the 2.4 update?
Good question. I'm still using version 2.3 and haven't downloaded the 2.4 update yet. I hate doing updates since you have to go back in a redo any tweaking you have already done, however with the latest SP some of the tweaks may not be needed. If I get a chance to do it over the weekend I will post back the results. Even after all this time I still haven't gotten around to doing my GEX US and GEX Euro updates or my UT Euro update. Guess I am a little behind.

I just bought the 727-100 v2.4 last week and I don't see any problems with the AP. Some feel the elevator trim is too sensitive, but CS did a fix for that plus there is a suggested config tweak that works if you didn't install the CS fix, but I think the only problem I have with the plane is my flying skills. There are two 727 pilots (Lou & Jet Pilot) on the CS forum that have been very helpful in learning and Lou, an ex TWA 727 pilot, seems quite happy with the 2.4 version. There is also a problem with the GPWS *don't sink* warning all the way down the GS and I am just now about to do a suggested config tweak for that. I haven't bothered with the cold and dark start yet and I have added the GPS/NAV switch to the auto pilot so that the airplane will track the FSX flt pln on the GPS. CS has another patch in the works, I believe, to correct the epr settings and a couple other tech things, but 2.4 works good enough for me. It's much fun. The only other thing I question is the engine sounds in spot view sound pretty weak or muted.I made a video of a JFK/STL flight yesterday which you can view here if interested:http://www.vimeo.com/10466184Bruce