Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

MD-11 - B787 Livery

Ever since I saw the maiden trip of the 787 I have wanted that paint. Unfortunately I don't have a 787 to put it on. So in fun, I decided to make a sort of tribute livery for my MD11 livery collection. What do ya think?There is actually a lot going on here in the nose, you might see some of them.boe6.jpgA top down view, showing the all white wings (minus the leading edge, it looked out of place white in the sim imo).boe2.jpgOf course it wouldn't be the same without the engines being similar. I actually didn't like the design of the new engines when I first saw them, but they're growing on me. The engines in the videos weren't painted, I decided to paint them according to what their model looked like (Looks better in the sim I think).boe7.jpgboe4.jpgA few more from Boeing field prior to my test flight.boe5.jpgboe3.jpg(I couldn't resist adding the teeth design to #2 here)boe.jpgI still have a few things to tweak, but wanted to share what I had to get some opinions.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest HeavyMetal

I can hardly wait for the livery to show up at Avsim.com or Flightsim.com.. Are you doing a version for FS9 for us die hards?

I can hardly wait for the livery to show up at Avsim.com or Flightsim.com.. Are you doing a version for FS9 for us die hards?
I would need an FS9 beta tester since I don't have FS9 currently. If you or anyone would like to test the textures in FS9, PM me your email and I'll toss it your way to help me test it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi DanI'm having a great time with your Guiness Paints.Would you pleeeeease consider doing one for the 744X ?Many thanks

Hi DanI'm having a great time with your Guiness Paints.Would you pleeeeease consider doing one for the 744X ?Many thanks
Very strange,,, I replied to this the other day, but it looks like I must of hit preview rather than post.Anywho, Glad you liked the Guinness paints Phil. It's funny, I had over 200 downloads of that and only 1 comment/feedback, to include the one that asked for it to begin with... When you say "doing one for the 744x" I take it you mean this repaint? I went ahead the last couple days and made one. It should be available soon, and I'll post the links to all of them. I seemed to bite off more than I could chew, with doing the MD11 with both engine models, the 747 with all three engine types, and for both FSX and FS9 it has taken a couple days to get it all done. The FS9 versions will be a little longer since I need to have someone test them out first, but will post them when I finish.Here are a couple pix of the 747.boe744.jpgboe_eng.jpg

Dan Prunier

I spotted this in China ....Nice paint, man!
Haha, nice. I just commented on it, as Danbo342. I look forward to how many people will be making spotter vids with this paint once I'm done.

Dan Prunier

I now have them posted on Avsim and Flightsim.com (Their still in waiting for flightsim.com as of now).The FSX MD-11/787 paint is now available on the Avsim library, click here.The 747 FSX version is available also, click here.Enjoy, and let me know what you think.EDIT: FS9 versions will be done in the next day or two.

Dan Prunier

EDIT: FS9 versions will be done in the next day or two.
Update: My 3 FS9 beta testers seem to now all be unreachable since I emailed them the paint 5 days ago...I've ordered FS9 and hope to see it delivered today, so will be able to test myself and hopefully upload it soon, same for the 747 version, and Guinness paint.For those that have PM'd, sorry for the late reply but for some reason I don't get any warning or notification on PM's. I'll try to check more regularly, but would recommend just posting a comment here since I'd probably notice it faster.Thanks,

Dan Prunier

FS9 version is finished and available: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=rootLet me know what you think, and of course any issues.Thanks,

Dan Prunier

Dan, I got the MD11 Guiness for FS9 and they are great! The only problemwith the MD11 Boeing colors is that it says 787 on the tail! I sure am looking forward to the 747 Boeing colors for the FS9!!You do great work, man!!! Moe WorksBangnampriew, Thailand

Dan, I got the MD11 Guiness for FS9 and they are great! The only problemwith the MD11 Boeing colors is that it says 787 on the tail! I sure am looking forward to the 747 Boeing colors for the FS9!!You do great work, man!!! Moe WorksBangnampriew, Thailand
Thanks for the kind words Moe,I am doing the 747 as I type actually, but need a beta tester. PM me your email and I'll send it to you to test. My email is in the read me so you could also just email me there. I don't own the Queen for FS9 so could use the help.I put the 787 on the tail as a tribute but if it's an annoyance I could always change it.

Dan Prunier

Hi DanSorry I missed your 1st reply about the Guiness paint on the 744. I've been quite ill lately and getting a little err.... forgetfull :( I absolutely love this 787 livery on the 'big bird', it just sort of looks so right - like it should have always have been on it.Simply stunning work!A GREAT BIG thank you :(