Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Anyone using Flight1 Audio Environment Airliner Edition?

I am also interested in what people have to say. My only question was is there reverser sounds included. The airport just doesn't feel real to me unless i hear that thundering sound after planes land.

Nick Running

I am using it. Sounds are from TSS and so far I have mixed feelings with it. I am using it in conjunction with UT2 and yes it does make a difference as you can hear jets spooling up, reverser effects, and nice spacial panning effects etc. You can even replace the sound of default or add on aircraft with the sounds from this add on if you choose to do so which is pretty cool. That being said...Where I have a sustained disapointment with the program is that inside some aircraft you can be very well insulated and not hear much at all. Also some of the effects are limited by FSX itself and are documented in the instructions which I believe is available for viewing prior to purchase. The insulated effect inside the cockpit is even more pronounced when using certain aircraft which makes sense but I wish was adjustable. For example I like flying the PMDG J41 and prior to engine start you can hear aircraft around you but once you fire up the turboprops you

RE Thomason Jr.

RobertIf you want to listen to AI sounds, why not just pop into the spot view, use a different aircraft or just spend some time spotting with the engines off? Like you said, you would hardly hear other aircraft from a turboprop cockpit when the engines are on, so why make it that way?

JET, well of course your right all of that can be done in fact thats's what I did to form an opinion as to the quality of the sound package. I used the trike to fly around the airport and shut down it's engine and watched/listened from the spot view.I did not mean to come of as being negative I have purchased other A/I sound products in the past and this is the best I have used I am just giving my opinion. It's not a problem with the program, so much as making someone aware of what they can expect when using it.Not everything in FS is about realism, although I lean to that side. Trading a small amount of realism for enjoyment is alright by me on occasion and this is one of them. If the AI and users aircraft sound volume channels were independantly adjustable then they could be tailored to suit whatever fancied the user keeping everyone smiling right? :(

RE Thomason Jr.

RobertYes, I do see what you mean and didn't mean to come on overly negative either :( However, I do think that very few users would need that feature as the target group is probably the ones looking for more realism in their sound environment. Developers can't cater to all specific feature requests, otherwise the development cycles would be hopelessly long..I have no experience on the product except for the videos, but to me it seems like a fantastic accompaniment to UT2. I'll buy it the second I can get a computer powerful enough to even run FSX! :(

Here I use this program too and am very satisfied with it.Before I used another AI sound program, which was already good , but this is even improved over that other program. Surely you won't here the sounds very good / not at all , when being in a cockpit.That is like in reality.What I like is take a small aircraft, put it near the runway , switch to spot plane view and enjoy.With one wide view over 3 monitors this is even more impressive.I am very surprised that a program, which adds to more reality a lot, is not discussed this much.F1 probably did not do much marketing.....I would recommend this to verybody. :(

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I've been wondering too why there isn't more discussion about this, especially as FSHotSFX for FS9 was sorely missed and people went great lengths to get it working.Maybe the reasons are lack of marketing and the fact it only works with UT2.

I've been wondering too why there isn't more discussion about this, especially as FSHotSFX for FS9 was sorely missed and people went great lengths to get it working.Maybe the reasons are lack of marketing and the fact it only works with UT2.
In fact, it works with about half a dozen traffic addons. Support for My Traffic X 5.2 is broken, though, will be fixed after the holidays.I am using the program, and it makes a subtle but welcomed difference to your flying experience. It's a little bit price, imho, but I don't regret buying it.

In fact, it works with about half a dozen traffic addons. Support for My Traffic X 5.2 is broken, though, will be fixed after the holidays.I am using the program, and it makes a subtle but welcomed difference to your flying experience. It's a little bit price, imho, but I don't regret buying it.
The MTX 5.2 issue including repeat sounds (MTX uses the same registration number for several aircraft and if they happen to be at the smae airport, it caused the repeat issue) is fixed and in final testing so will be online later this week as well as being the master for the boxed edition. Also, bear in mind the primary idea behind the product was to provide the sound packs for the default airliners you fly as they are normally around $15 each, so a good value package. The AI sounds were an extra. The good thing is the AI sounds seem to be being looked at as the main part of the package and most users seem happy with it. As for the marketing mentioned earlier in the thread, that will happen soon once the boxed version is released in the next few weeks. Watch out for ads in the usual magazines.Dave.

Hi,How difficult will it be to add these sounds to non auto install AI aircraft?. For those of us who have taken the time to install AI aircraft from different providers such as FSPainter, ProjectAI, WorldofAI, EvolveAI, AIArdvark and the fruit stand to name a few.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,How difficult will it be to add these sounds to non auto install AI aircraft?. For those of us who have taken the time to install AI aircraft from different providers such as FSPainter, ProjectAI, WorldofAI, EvolveAI, AIArdvark and the fruit stand to name a few.
Once the sound pack is installed, select a similar aircraft from the Audio Environment/Pakages folder and copy the soundai folder to your aircraft. (First rename the original soundai folder to xsoundai or similar). Full instructions in the manual. Buy it and try it. Flight1 offer a no quibble money back guarantee if you are not happy.

Hi,Well, I purchased the product and manually installed the sounds to my AI folders. I'm not impressed with this product at all, I've never took up Flight1 on their refund offer yet, but I'm about to.For those of you on the fence about this product, stay clear. Its not worth anything near $40.00, maybe, MAYBE $15.00.Time to remove this product and get my refund.

Once the sound pack is installed, select a similar aircraft from the Audio Environment/Pakages folder and copy the soundai folder to your aircraft. (First rename the original soundai folder to xsoundai or similar). Full instructions in the manual. Buy it and try it. Flight1 offer a no quibble money back guarantee if you are not happy.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Well, I purchased the product and manually installed the sounds to my AI folders. I'm not impressed with this product at all, I've never took up Flight1 on their refund offer yet, but I'm about to.For those of you on the fence about this product, stay clear. Its not worth anything near $40.00, maybe, MAYBE $15.00.Time to remove this product and get my refund.
Nice statement to make without any expanation of why you don't like the product What is it you don't like? Kind of a pointless negative statement in my opinion! Have you tried the aircraft sounds in the default flyable airliners. If you had they retail at $15 each from TSS and this pack gives you 5 sets. Pretty good value. Plus you get a FREE utility to install those sounds into any aircraft. Plus you get the AI traffic which works with the main AI traffic packages. I don't see why you are so negative!

Nice statement to make without any expanation of why you don't like the product What is it you don't like? Kind of a pointless negative statement in my opinion! Have you tried the aircraft sounds in the default flyable airliners. If you had they retail at $15 each from TSS and this pack gives you 5 sets. Pretty good value. Plus you get a FREE utility to install those sounds into any aircraft. Plus you get the AI traffic which works with the main AI traffic packages. I don't see why you are so negative!
Just to balance Mikes post above I am very impressed with the product.Took a bit of fiddling about with sound settings (engine noise/cockpit settings and such like) but the end result is very pleasing to the ears, especially when viewing AI aircraft from external views.p.s TSS were also offering a discount for purchases before a certain date, visit their website for more info.Bryan.