Sign in to follow this  
hightower

FS2004 Affinity Tool by Behcet H. Sefkatlioglu

I have just downloaded this file but have not installed it, yet. Is this really beneficial to the running of FS9? I do have a dual core system.

I've installed itand run it - just got an error message. Are you supposed to run it before or after loading FS?
could you send the error mesage and your cpu model?i may change software for you.

Hi , I have the an error as well.see attached pic for errorCPU: AMD 955 black editionWIn 7 64 bit osoops...missed the intel and amd specific files. Have to wait 30 minutes to download amd file but it specifies dual core, will it work for quad core?Larry

After a quick test I can't yet say definitively that it makes a huge difference but it's without a doubt a great tool to have. Without it my CPU load is always 100% vs. around 10%. Now using this affinity tool it's 60 vs. 40. As far as I can comprehend that is an improvement for sure.Before this when I fly in FS9 in heavy addon aircraft in heavy weather, the sim always stutters when "combing" through AI files. Now that seems to be much less of a problem. More flights will confirm this I hope.Bottom line, THANK YOU very much for this great tool!!!

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Would this do anything with Hyperthreading CPU? (One virtual core)I had once manually set it to one core but saw no difference in FPS, so I switch back to both on. However on the site it says we 'don't have to do with the tool'.. ? What does this thing actually do?

Would this do anything with Hyperthreading CPU? (One virtual core)I had once manually set it to one core but saw no difference in FPS, so I switch back to both on. However on the site it says we 'don't have to do with the tool'.. ? What does this thing actually do?
That was the intent of my original question! :(

After a quick test I can't yet say definitively that it makes a huge difference but it's without a doubt a great tool to have. Without it my CPU load is always 100% vs. around 10%. Now using this affinity tool it's 60 vs. 40. As far as I can comprehend that is an improvement for sure.
This looks interesting. What OS do you use? As far as I understand Sefkatlioglu's blog, this tool saves us the hassle of opening Task Manager and changing affinities manually. In my experience, this tweak gave good results in XP (both in a P4 2.8 HT and an Athlon 64X2 4000+), but didn't improve anything in Vista or 7 (both in the same laptop, equipped with a Core2Duo T5750, and a GeForce 8400M GS). Sefkatlioglu's site looks interesting. If only I knew Turkish...Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

FWIW, I tried it tonight with the PMDG MD-11. I'm running XP on a dual core. The preflight went smooth - no problems setting her up for a flight or loading the plane. However, when it came time to activate the ATS (autothrottle), I didn't hear the click. I thought it was odd, but maybe I just didn't hear it. Seemed I saw the box on the PFD go away. Well, when it came time for takeoff, I advanced my throttles and ATS never kicked in and the highest I could get my N1 was 74.7. I decided to takeoff anyhow to see if that would make a difference, but no dice. ATS, nor AP would engage. I'm curious to see how other add ons react to this.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

could you send the error mesage and your cpu model?i may change software for you.
I have the same eror message as Larryf in the next message. My processor is an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180.I have downloaded the file .rar file mentione and run it to load FS9. When I checked in Fle manager boith CPUs were running and when I checked the affinity both were selected. When I unchecked Processor '0' FS9 ran on processor '1'. Still does not appear to be working.

It's why i have made this tools. I had Intel p4 3.0 ghz Hyperthreading CPU and FS9 was working at only on CPU1.When i launch the other addons (activesky , squakbox , addon aircraft .....) , i had lost 5 or 10 fsp.Now i have Intel Core2Quad cpu.In the first time i ran FS9 on my new cpu i got shock. Because i had only got 60-70 fsp and FS9 was using only one cpu (Check this picture http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_u1VEh-IxkLM/S0Ha.../s1600-h/wo.png Cpu1 is full and only %9 total)After made this software i have got 160 - 170 fps and FS9 have been getting use all cpu ( Check this picture http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_u1VEh-IxkLM/S0Ha...0/s1600-h/w.jpg 5 Cpu is active and getting %21 total)

So, in clear, easy English, what does this tool actually do? Does it make the use of multicore CPUs better or something? If so, how does it do that?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case