Sign in to follow this  
RobW

FSX graphics corrupt after using menus (Map, Replay etc)

Hi Folks,I'm having a problem with FSX where after an hour of flying or so, when I call up the menu and access the Map or Instant Replay or Settings etc, when I exit the menu and go back to the sim the display becomes corrupted. The cockpit vanishes and the scenery textures flash and flicker. If I press Esc I can End Flight and go back to the main FSX screen, interestingly though the preview image of the aircraft on the Free Flight screen just shows as a black box. Do you think this is a problem with my graphics card?I'm running a i920 @ 3.8ghz (core temps during Prime95 are 58c), 6Gb Ram, Asus P6T Deluxe V2, BFG GTX285 OCX card (with factory settings), and Vista 64. I'm using the 195.62 Nvidia drivers and nHancer 2.5.7Only seems to affect FSX, all other Apps and games are running fine.ThanksRob

Guest firehawk44
Hi Folks,I'm having a problem with FSX where after an hour of flying or so, when I call up the menu and access the Map or Instant Replay or Settings etc, when I exit the menu and go back to the sim the display becomes corrupted. The cockpit vanishes and the scenery textures flash and flicker. If I press Esc I can End Flight and go back to the main FSX screen, interestingly though the preview image of the aircraft on the Free Flight screen just shows as a black box. Do you think this is a problem with my graphics card?I'm running a i920 @ 3.8ghz (core temps during Prime95 are 58c), 6Gb Ram, Asus P6T Deluxe V2, BFG GTX285 OCX card (with factory settings), and Vista 64. I'm using the 195.62 Nvidia drivers and nHancer 2.5.7Only seems to affect FSX, all other Apps and games are running fine.ThanksRob
These are all common issues with FSX and have been discussed frequently in the CTD forum and FSX Forum. You might do a search in the FSX Forum using the keyword 'menu' or 'flashing' or 'flickering'. For the flashing and flickering, you need to disable "Display flying tips" in the Realism screen. That fixes the flashing problem for most people. For the black screens, there are a lot of probable causes but the most common is turning your FSX sliders up too high. Your CPU/GPU can only render so fast and this could be the issue. With your system, you should be able to run with high settings but I would bring them back a notch or two and see if that fixes the issue. I would also recommend you upgrade to Windows 7 as it is more stable and seems to be handling memory/graphics issues much better than the old OS.Best regards,Jim

It sounds as if you have the same problems as these:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249782Obviously, if you like, try the recent "Bufferpools" fix, near the end of the thread: but my guess is that it won't work.Odd though it seems, the most successful solution is to turn down the sound quality. For concise instructions, see here at post #4:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...mp;hl=telephoneTim