Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Memory leak again!

HiAfter few OOM during long flights I decide to try XP 64 bit.After days of reinstalling back to testing.This time I installed only scenery and aircraft I fly ;-). UTE+few major airports in Germany, UK and USA.Started at EDDF 2008, with PMDG MD11 and without AI aircraft (traffic 0%)Mem usage around 770000K-860000K. Great.Suddenly 10nm before EGAA (I have UK Extreme) mem usage starts to grow. I stopped around 2.1GB VM size after I reach ocean, but it stay around those values. NO OOM.Second try, I move landclass file from EGAA scenery to addon scenery: http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.p...mp;topic=4178.0This time Mem usage was 1.75GB.Third try, I deactivate EGAA Extreme, MEM usage 1.45GB. I think, that this is too much. Without any scenery in vicinity mem usage so high.Last step, I deactivate UT Europe#2, and MEM usage around 1.0Gb. What can cause so high memory usage above Belfast area???Screen in attachment. Problem starts at this moment.ThanksP.S. Is there any software to check landclass files?Edin

HiProblem solved.After long testing with UTE and EGAA UKXtreme, i found the problem with filemon.EIDW scenery causes memory leak because of missing textures. I copy all textures from main fs9 texture folder , just in case and no memory rise.Edin

HiProblem solved.After long testing with UTE and EGAA UKXtreme, i found the problem with filemon.EIDW scenery causes memory leak because of missing textures. I copy all textures from main fs9 texture folder , just in case and no memory rise.Edin
You copied your entire texture folder into EGAA's texture folder? Seems a bit extreme.Where do you have the file egaa_lc.bgl?John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

You copied your entire texture folder into EGAA's texture folder? Seems a bit extreme.Where do you have the file egaa_lc.bgl?John
HiNo problems with EGAA. I made additional folder with only scenery folder where I put egaa_lc.bgl.But, there is no problems with EGAA and mem leak.EIDW causes extreme mem leak. Now I have around 850000k, and without copying I had over 2Gb.

HiNo problems with EGAA. I made additional folder with only scenery folder where I put egaa_lc.bgl.But, there is no problems with EGAA and mem leak.EIDW causes extreme mem leak. Now I have around 850000k, and without copying I had over 2Gb.
Sorry, I got mixed up with airports - but that may be a clue to your problem?The installation instructions for that LC file say:copy bgl file to MAIN FS9 scenery folderYou may have a similar issue with EIDW.John

Sorry, I got mixed up with airports - but that may be a clue to your problem?The installation instructions for that LC file say:copy bgl file to MAIN FS9 scenery folderYou may have a similar issue with EIDW.John
Hi John.It does not matter where you put landclass file, it is important that there is no empty Texture folder, so in my opinion the best way is to create folder for each landclass and put landclass file in there. I create folder for each landclass and put in Addon Scenery. So in Addon scenery I will have for example LDZA Airport scenery folder and LDZA LC folder in which I will have only Scenery folder with LC files. After that I will activate through FS2004 this LDZA LC and for me this is the best way.The problem for EIDW was lot of missing textures. But I solve that So in case of abnormal mem usage just check what is happening with program called Filemon.Edin

It does not matter where you put landclass file, it is important that there is no empty Texture folder, so in my opinion the best way is to create folder for each landclass and put landclass file in there. I create folder for each landclass and put in Addon Scenery. So in Addon scenery I will have for example LDZA Airport scenery folder and LDZA LC folder in which I will have only Scenery folder with LC files. After that I will activate through FS2004 this LDZA LC and for me this is the best way.The problem for EIDW was lot of missing textures. But I solve that So in case of abnormal mem usage just check what is happening with program called Filemon.
If you are happy with your solution, that is fine - I personally would install files where the instructions tell you to.John

If you are happy with your solution, that is fine - I personally would install files where the instructions tell you to.John
Yes, finally happy.Btw in your way landclass is automatically activated, and in my way I can decide to activate or not.Edin