Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Realair Duke

I can't see any reapaints around for this wonderful bird?Guess I'm missing a page somewhere?

Check out OZx. Mainly Australian regs, I think, but some good ones.
Okay, thanks.Wonder why so few paints for such a stunner? Was there a proper paint kit released?

If there is a paintkit, I've never seen it. Not being a real repainter, though, I haven't looked. Maybe, though, there are so few repaints because all the repainters are too busy flying it. :(

If there is a paintkit, I've never seen it. Not being a real repainter, though, I haven't looked. Maybe, though, there are so few repaints because all the repainters are too busy flying it. :(
A kind customer has just made a paintkit which although not supported by us, will be uploaded shortly to various website libraries, and he will give details about what's included in the package. We appreciate his work and generosity, but since it is not part of the Duke package we cannot support it via e-mail or any other means.If you search around there are plenty of Duke repaints. I believe some are on Sim-outhouse and the ones I have seen are good!Best Wishes,Rob Young - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I'm currently working on one right now.That paint kit would make things much easier though.

I'm currently working on one right now.That paint kit would make things much easier though.
I guess that it would be an easy one to paint and would reuse the bump-mapped textures.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

The majority of the time is taking an existing livery, removing all the painted areas, and producing a base white model with dirt, rivets etc, all on their own layers.There must have been one to produce the included liveries. I'm just a little perplexed as to why RA haven't considering adding it to their Downloads sections considering there are paint kits available for other aircraft.Anyway, I just hope Rob uploads the user submitted one to a library asap.

The majority of the time is taking an existing livery, removing all the painted areas, and producing a base white model with dirt, rivets etc, all on their own layers.There must have been one to produce the included liveries. I'm just a little perplexed as to why RA haven't considering adding it to their Downloads sections considering there are paint kits available for other aircraft.Anyway, I just hope Rob uploads the user submitted one to a library asap.
Paint kits are requested by a tiny, tiny proportion of users. Our priority is to make the actual aircraft as good as it can be for everyone. So a paint kit is a low priority but has become a sort of expected "feature" by some. Actually, producing a paint kit for a typical RealAir aircraft is not easy and requires stripping down many many layers, checking them, packaging them so they work well, then writing documents to support them. A paint kit is NOT the same as the templates used in development and requires a different approach, including editing down the multiple layers which run into a huge number. The Duke took almost two years to produce, plus another six months for the last patch which expanded the already detailed features which integrated RXP gauges. At some point we feel entitled to say we've done enough, though we are still striving to improve further. A paint kit is not part of the package but if one is done it is a gesture of goodwill. Customers are become ever more demanding about what they feel entitled to above and beyond an already highly detailed release.We will get round to posting the generously donated kit on our website, but first we need to check it thoroughly, and Sean is on holiday at the moment. In the meantime the creator has I believe posted it on freeware libraries of his choosing. I do hope this satisfies your query.Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page