Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

DC3 missing textures (maam)?

Hello,I am new to the maam DC3 United Passenger model.Installed for FS9 and FSX.Installed the dc3_fsxacfix.Installed the transparency patch for FSX.FS9 version is OK.MSFS9-1a.jpgI am missing a few pieces on FSX version.Can someone verify if I installed ok or made an error?MSFSX-1a.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello,I am new to the maam DC3 United Passenger model.Installed for FS9 and FSX.Installed the dc3_fsxacfix.Installed the transparency patch for FSX.FS9 version is OK.I am missing a few pieces on FSX version.Can someone verify if I installed ok or made an error?
You need to install FSX BASIC COMPATIBILITY UPDATE FOR R4D/DC-3/C-47 (r4dFSXu1.zip) from our Free Stuff Pages. Follow the illustrated instructions carefully and all should be well.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill,Thanks for the reply.I failed to mention that I installed the compatibility (zip) first.Then the transparency patch.I must have errored copying the new textures.I will go back and do it again.

Best Regards,

Bill,I went back and loaded all new textures, applied the FSX update then did transparency again.Same problem with United.So, I applied the transparency to the DC3 Cargo ... it looks good!BEA-OK.jpg

Best Regards,

Bill,I forgot to post the screenshot of the United before I applied the Transparency fix.The end result with United was bad .. like I originally posted?Here it is:UnitedBeforenewtextures.jpg

Best Regards,

Bill,I forgot to post the screenshot of the United before I applied the Transparency fix.The end result with United was bad .. like I originally posted?Here it is:UnitedBeforenewtextures.jpg
Vaughn;I had the same problem initially with the MAAM in FSX. The offending bitmap is called "R4D_engineparts" I believe. An easy fix I can think of is downloading the DC-3 Airways MAAM DC-3 FSX texures from here: http://www.dc3airways.com/our_fleet/fsx_maam_textures.htm and pulling whatever files you need out of there...should work. Back up your original texture.UAL first in case you overwrite something you shouldn't have.Matt

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Just for additional follow up, here is another view of the wing with portions missing on the United livery:Untitled-wing.jpg

Best Regards,

Matt,I did as you said and it fixed the problem with the United maam livery.I really appreciated you help on this problem...I thought I had a problem with my PC for awhile there!Yesterday I had looked at the engine bmp in DXTBMP and it looked ok there. I am just learning repainting so I have had a brief exposure to DxtBmp ... but it all looked ok ... but it was not. Just shows initial looks at a raw BMP can be fooling you.This is the new United passenger maam livery:So, maam needs to update the DC-3 FSX download or update file on their web site with the correct file(s).United-fixed.jpg

Best Regards,

I looked at the good and bad textures in DxtBmp.Looks like the bad one has the wrong alpha channel?UAL-textureProblem.jpg

Best Regards,

I looked at the good and bad textures in DxtBmp.Looks like the bad one has the wrong alpha channel?UAL-textureProblem.jpg
Vaughn - that's exactly the problem! The black alpha channel in FSX = max transparency.Had I known you were "DXTBMP Qualified" I would have just told you what to do to fix it :)Enjoy the Maam, it's a great airplane. Lots of great liveries available too...Matt

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Matt,Thanks for the download link to the good texture(s).I am really enjoying the DC3 .. flying lower, slower and really working the low altitude charts again.I downloaded the Avenger today (I was in the Navy haha) and started the long manual read and cockpit get to know.Have good flights.

Best Regards,