Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

Sim Giants Announce Flight Simulator Under Development

1) Official development started on Feb 1 2010 after half a year of lawyers, recruiting staff, designs etc.2) The simulator is stand alone simulator, no relations to MS flight simulator.3) The simulator will be cross platform, Windows, Mac and will have support for Iphone also or any future product supported by Apple.4) The simulator will contain SDK for 3rd developers and artiest.5) Release date is about late 2011.6) The simulator will support civilian airports and aircrafts, amazing graphics, best performance, multiplayer support and tons of options.7) The simulator bundle will include few software for developers to develop their dreams and compile it for using with Sim Giants Simulator.http://www.sim-giants.com/What do you think? A credible developer?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

With so many relatively simple FS add-ons never seeing the light of day, I'll take it with a grain of salt and wait and see.

I doubt it will happen...but they do have plenty of things to sell now for the existing sims :(

1) Official development started on Feb 1 2010 after half a year of lawyers, recruiting staff, designs etc.2) The simulator is stand alone simulator, no relations to MS flight simulator.3) The simulator will be cross platform, Windows, Mac and will have support for Iphone also or any future product supported by Apple.4) The simulator will contain SDK for 3rd developers and artiest.5) Release date is about late 2011.6) The simulator will support civilian airports and aircrafts, amazing graphics, best performance, multiplayer support and tons of options.7) The simulator bundle will include few software for developers to develop their dreams and compile it for using with Sim Giants Simulator.http://www.sim-giants.com/What do you think? A credible developer?Cheers,Noel.
Can they really produce something better than FSX in such a fairly short amount of time?

Hi,Where do they say it will be better than FSX?

Where do they say it will be better than FSX?
Indeed. Funny how everyone immediately thinks about a new MSFS, but of course there are enough other possibilities. For starters, maybe this new sim will only cover one or a few small regions, like Flight Unlimited or combat sims. Or it will focus on specific aircraft. I don't know. Anyway, if they say release will be late 2011, I won't be waiting for it. I have FSX to enjoy myself with and we will see by then or by 2018 if it will ever see the daylight.

If it ever happens, I'll check it out then. Too many 'amazing, groud breaking' products that have never seen the light of day, tend to make me a little cynical. But I wish them all the best in their work.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

What about a Post-MSFS era? In witch smaller developers start making "small sims", and there won't be the big one anymore? One simulator for flying over America, another to fly VFR... And there we go... Doesn't seem nice.

What about a Post-MSFS era? In witch smaller developers start making "small sims", and there won't be the big one anymore? One simulator for flying over America, another to fly VFR... And there we go... Doesn't seem nice.
Most likely the only hopes to prevent that are FGFS and X-Plane.

Guest hmstiger
Most likely the only hopes to prevent that are FGFS and X-Plane.
Well, Austin is still pretty much a one man band over in the X-Plane universe....and that is a pretty impressive sim.

Guest Astradan

I'd be astonished if this came to fruition, and I'm cynical that this is a relatively small scenery developer making a huge (vapourous) announcement to get publicity and get people interested in them, in the hope that they'll pay attention to their standard scenery offerings, while they're trying to find out about the new sim.Cynical old bugger eh ? But we become this way for a reason !Sim-Giants have had a couple of ok scenery releases but really are a very minor scale developer and I'd be amazied if they had pulled together the investment for "6 months of lawyers, recruitment, etc" for a standalone simulator.Would love to be proved wrong ....... but I don't think so.

I'd be astonished if this came to fruition, and I'm cynical that this is a relatively small scenery developer making a huge (vapourous) announcement to get publicity and get people interested in them, in the hope that they'll pay attention to their standard scenery offerings, while they're trying to find out about the new sim.Cynical old bugger eh ? But we become this way for a reason !Sim-Giants have had a couple of ok scenery releases but really are a very minor scale developer and I'd be amazied if they had pulled together the investment for "6 months of lawyers, recruitment, etc" for a standalone simulator.Would love to be proved wrong ....... but I don't think so.
Then again, look at Laminar Research, that's a small op and they made X-Plane, at this point, it's up in the air.

Would love to be proved wrong ....... but I don't think so.
I agree. Sim Giant's current product line is 5 airport sceneries all of which are "latest products" and all are "best sellers"! The only means of contact is by e-mail - there's no indication of where it's located or any other details.

Guest CX355

I am sure that in time someone will develop a new flight sim and yes it may only cover parts of the earth at first as time and money are the enemies of development. I would like to see a new sim that incorporates new ideas and better aspects w/ all that is available today in technology. It would sure be nice if next time around back compatibility were possible. Heck if I were a smart guy I'd give it go. Ha Vincent