Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simicro

Pacific Northwest scenery (bush flying) is almost there

Guest j0nx

So are they using default fsx textures there? Looks like it to me. My system is already shuttering due to all those trees. Any time there are a ton of trees like that i get this constant hitching from 10-200fps for some reason. Only trees causes it.

Guest firehawk44
So are they using default fsx textures there? Looks like it to me. My system is already shuttering due to all those trees. Any time there are a ton of trees like that i get this constant hitching from 10-200fps for some reason. Only trees causes it.
I would think the stuttering would be caused by the TH2G 3 monitor setup you have looking at your other system specs. Have you used the tweak that reduces the autogen and trees?Best regards,Jim

Hope it's been released before next winter olympic games (starting feb 12th)Lmaire

Real Deraps

Have you considered the tree tweak in your cfg?It doesn't hurt. I can almost assure you that the right setting can give you enough trees without stutters.1200 is the sweet spot for me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

So are they using default fsx textures there?
No, nothing is default there! What gave you that impression?BTW Trees are also hard on my system. That's why I have trees at Dense and not Very dense or Extremely dense as I would like to have it. Still, FTX (from the same makers) looks awesome.

Guest j0nx

I dont know, it just looks like default textures to me with a new landclass and some custom autogen objects. Or the same textures as GEX anyway. Hard to tell but that's what it looks like to me. Ill see after its released and some reviews and videos/pics are in. Not going to be the first on the bandwagon though. Been burned too many times lately.

I dont know, it just looks like default textures to me with a new landclass and some custom autogen objects. Or the same textures as GEX anyway. Hard to tell but that's what it looks like to me. Ill see after its released and some reviews and videos/pics are in. Not going to be the first on the bandwagon though. Been burned too many times lately.
No Reason to get burned on this one. FTX has a demo that you can check out to see if it is something you like. I think that that PNW will set a new standard for scenery. Check out some of their promo materials in their screenshots forums. http://fullterrain.com/freeware.htmlhttp://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I get a slight stuttering when the FPS are set to unlimited, I set it around 40 and no stutters.
Ill see after its released and some reviews and videos/pics are in. Not going to be the first on the bandwagon though. Been burned too many times lately.
I can't possibly see how anyone can be burned on this addon. I can't wait to do some flying (and developing) in this area when released.

Best, Michael

KDFW

We'll be releasing a free demo of FTX PNW, so no one is going to get burnt :(

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Guest JamesMc
Just not possible to get burnt with one of your teams releases. I can't wait til we can get it.

If what Orbx has done before in Australia is any guage as to how they will do with the PNW, there is nothing to worry about. Performance is excellent in FTX even with huge levels of detail. Check out screenshots I took this evening in the Lotus L-39 over Tamworth NSW.L-39 over Tamworth ScreenshotsStephen

That