Sign in to follow this  
kvk1

Definitive answer on the uiautomationcore.dll fix?

Hello gentlemen,In the past week I have switched between formatting/installing three different operating systems and going through the treacherous FSX reinstall and tuning process with all my add-ons to fix an incredibly annoying CTD problem.Only to find out the problem was a faulty GPU. So I have ordered a new card and will, fingers crossed, be doing a final format/reinstall/tune etc. etc. this upcoming week.I'd like to install everything on a Windows 7 system however, so my question is the uiautomationcore.dll fix recently stumbled upon definite? Fixes everything with no problems?Otherwise I'll be installing everything on an XP64 again.

There are a million reasons for FSX crashes, and the stock uiautomationcode.dll is definitely one of them on an x64 Windows.Be sure to install the latest VisualC++ x86/x64 libraries and DirectX.Disable UAC and DEP. Disabling UAC might be risky on a computer that is used on other tasks than simming.

I think you misunderstood me. :( Before migrating to XP64 my only problem with having FSX on Windows 7 aside from the GPU crashes were uiautomation core CTDs when clicking around the sim too much. So that's what I was wondering: if the latest fix of moving the dll files around are foolproof then I will install FSX on W7 instead of XP.

I think you misunderstood me. :( Before migrating to XP64 my only problem with having FSX on Windows 7 aside from the GPU crashes were uiautomation core CTDs when clicking around the sim too much. So that's what I was wondering: if the latest fix of moving the dll files around are foolproof then I will install FSX on W7 instead of XP.
I

You know what, I might have to take the fault for this one. Your wording of it confused me but now I get what you're saying.I'll use the same late-night foruming excuse. :( Thanks a lot.