Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Portland-Seattle Terrain Fixed !

If you run the great Portland, Oregon (KPDX) enhancement from Flightzone - using a default setup as I do, then you are aware of the terrain issues that enhancment creates at Seattle (KSEA).I am pleased to say I have found a "fix" which works - thanks to a fellow simmer in the forums here.There is a patch (really just two mesh files) which was created to be used by simmers who had Portland and the Fly Tampa enhancement of Seattle.I have discovered that the two mesh files can be added to the Portland entry and no Portland files need to be disabled.I did this on my "default" setup and have made numerous test flights around Portland and around the Seattle airport and everything now displays properly in both areas.If interested, please PM me with your e-mail address and I will be happy to send along the mesh files and some simple instructions.

If you run the great Portland, Oregon (KPDX) enhancement from Flightzone - using a default setup as I do, then you are aware of the terrain issues that enhancment creates at Seattle (KSEA).I am pleased to say I have found a "fix" which works - thanks to a fellow simmer in the forums here.There is a patch (really just two mesh files) which was created to be used by simmers who had Portland and the Fly Tampa enhancement of Seattle.I have discovered that the two mesh files can be added to the Portland entry and no Portland files need to be disabled.I did this on my "default" setup and have made numerous test flights around Portland and around the Seattle airport and everything now displays properly in both areas.If interested, please PM me with your e-mail address and I will be happy to send along the mesh files and some simple instructions.
I would love it and you can email it to me at snofts@earthlink.net.Thanks Shayne

I am not sure of the mesh problems you have Opa (as I have both of these scenery's too).I do know the "dirt covered" taxi ways at KSEA was fixed by having the Seattle photo scenery ABOVE ultimate terrain.

I am not sure of the mesh problems you have Opa (as I have both of these scenery's too).I do know the "dirt covered" taxi ways at KSEA was fixed by having the Seattle photo scenery ABOVE ultimate terrain.
This has nothing to do with Ultimate Terrain - it for the default terrain setup only. I believe there may be a separate patch available for UT users.

I'm not sure just what you are referring to. I have the two payware airports that you have to use with Aerosoft AES ( I forgot who made them) and I dont have any problems with the scenery. Could you explain a little bit more? Thanks jerrycwo4

I'm not sure just what you are referring to. I have the two payware airports that you have to use with Aerosoft AES ( I forgot who made them) and I dont have any problems with the scenery. Could you explain a little bit more? Thanks jerrycwo4
The Portland airport - when used with default terrain causes the default Seattle airport to display on an elevated plateau. Looks horribly wrong.The "patch" was apparently originally created for those who have Portland and the FlyTampa version of Seattle to correct the same issue.The only way - before I was given the FT patch - to get Seattle to display properly was to disable several files in the Portland package. This was discussed in the forum a month or so ago - perhaps in this same thread.I discovered that the two mesh files in the FT patch do work if the user only has the Portland package (from FlightZone). Hope that clarifies the situation.Note: this is no way related to Ultimate Terrain. I have no idea if Portland and/or the FT Seattle have issues with UT. EDIT ADDED: Here are two screenshots - the first one is the South end of SEATAC (KSEA) with Portland from FlightZone installed - default terrain. Note the terrain.The second is essentially the same shot - but with the "fix" added - no more strange drop offs at the airport perimeter.

Guest dogknot

Thankyou, thankyou. That did the trick!I do not have FLY Tampa Seattle, just the default. I do have the Flightzone PDX. These two bgl's straightened out the Seattle area just beautifully.Thankyou for sharing!

Guest zkalos

Please send it to me to zkalos@t-online.huThanks

Guest Player2

Please send me too!flightsim11@gmail.comThank you!