Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG Support Portal Now Available...

Captains-Tonight we have made-live the new PMDG Technical Support Portal:http://support.precisionmanuals.comThis new portal replaces our traditional email based technical support methods with a ticket based system, and replaces the PMDG Support wiki with a dedicated, managed Knowledge Base system.We encourage you to explore this new system, and we will continue to expand the knowledge base.We will continue to answer email to our support@ and updateme@ addresses through today- but after 25FEB10, these email addresses will provide an auto-reply pointing customers to the new support portal.As I mentioned in my previous post on this topic, I fully anticipate that we are going to have a few days of teething as we get used to working with the new system. We appreciate your patience during this transition.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Great news, That was fast! I just hope you don't get a lot of "This is only a test" tickets ;-)Good luck, hope it works out as good as it appears it will.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Like the look and feel of the new support domain!Excellent stuff!Andrew

Guest docmeister

Sooooo....... Is this the new location for me to place my question??Chris Cartwright

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Chris,Follow the link in RSR's post at the top of the thread. When you get there, click the Register button, and follow the instructions. Once you've registered, you'll receive an e-mail to confirm your account. Follow the link in the e-mail to activate your account, then you'll be able to submit a trouble ticket for your issue from the front page of the Support Portal.

Guest docmeister
Chris,Follow the link in RSR's post at the top of the thread. When you get there, click the Register button, and follow the instructions. Once you've registered, you'll receive an e-mail to confirm your account. Follow the link in the e-mail to activate your account, then you'll be able to submit a trouble ticket for your issue from the front page of the Support Portal.
Cheers :(

I want to clarify for you guys too that this ticket system is where you ask the types of questions you would have emailed support for in the past. It's not replacing the forum and it's not something where we're going to tell you how to fly the airplanes or anything like that - it's tech support. Search the KB (which will grow over time, right now it has basically what the old wiki FAQs had in them), search the forum, and then and only then if you haven't found an answer, submit a ticket.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks very professional, nice job. How do we submitt articles for the knowledge base?The article "FMC Custom Waypoint Entry Notes" should be in the general section, I tried to include instructions for all three jet FMS aircraft. It is now in the 747 section.Thanks

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,We decided to do away with the wiki concept of having people participate directly. No one outside of a few people like yourself ever posted anything and it was hard to manage with wiki code and all of that needed. If you want to submit something, you can send it to me though and I'll put it in.I'll move the Custom Waypoint article...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's fantastic that you updated your support system! Cheers to you on the progress!! Do I need to reregister? when I attempt to log in with my PMDG Acct.info it gets rejected.Thanks very much for the great products!Patrick

Thats awesome! I took it look and it looks like it will be very very helpful. BTW PMDG, you tricked me! You put the FS9 737 on the homepage and I thought it was the FSX version LOL but then I refreshed and it was a different plane :)

Captains-As of 0910Z/26FEB10, PMDG is no longer accepting new email to either our support@ or updateme@ email addresses.(Any email submitted prior to that time will get answered tomorrow...)For all future support@ and updateme@ requests, please use the new technical support portal.I want to reiterate what Ryan said earlier: The forum is STILL the best way to get help learning to operate the airplanes- but if you have an item related to installation, your account, billing, or licensing- the support portal is the place to go!So far operations have been smooth, but thursday is traditionally a slow day...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi,fast and efficient - within hours I had my extension for installation!Thanks Ryan.

Guest JimMerson

I have registered for this portal and attempted to use it, but the link sent to me in my e-mail verificaiton e-mail is broken. Can someone look into this for me? I apreciate it.Jim Merson