Sign in to follow this  
skull

Little question about the Japanese skin and the 360 degree search radar.....

Hello,I downloaded the Japanese skin and now I can see the "360 Degree Search Radar" like my screen shots, anybody could say to me if with the other skins which are available to downloading we can have this version with the "360 Degree Search Radar" or only the Japanese version allows to have these radars ?Some screens of this configuration with the "360 Degree Search Radar" :J4101.jpgJ4102.jpgJ4106.jpgA great thank's for all and best regard, Skulleader.

The Hong Kong Government Flying Service is the only repaint which supports the sensors.You can make them appear on other models by tweaking the aircraft.cfg file, which basically sends a signal to the model for it to display the extra bits, although I cannot remember what needs changing now - it has been mentioned before on this forum, so it's worth a search if you are interested.Chris (廖傑英)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hi Olivier Ro...,I recall as if it were yesterday that someone mentioned about full names in this forum, wait a sec, it was yesterday and in this post. If your last name is indeed Ro, then I would drop the ..., it seems to only insinuate sarcasm to your sig not wanting to abide by the rules. Of course I could just be reading it wrong so figure I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. Let me know if you still haven't figured out your question and I should be able to help. The easy way is to just compare that liveries entry to one of the defaults in the aircraft.cfg. Look at the last lines of each entry.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello Dan,I'm really sorry for the problem about my "full name" but now I think that everything is OK, if you think that there is another problem answer this post and I would modify error.Best regards, Olivier.

Hello Dan,I'm really sorry for the problem about my "full name" but now I think that everything is OK, if you think that there is another problem answer this post and I would modify error.Best regards, Olivier.
Hi Olivier, Thanks for fixing the name. I just hate to see interesting topics get deleted. I'm not sure what your referring to as the Radar. I hate to aske you to post another screen shot but could you with the radar maybe circled or maybe just explain which part is the radar in the pictures you already have here?Thanks,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello Dan.I think he means the big black cabinet slung under the fuselage in the screenshots. What it does in the sim and how it works is another matter.ps. any idea why my banner is not showing up? I think that I have done what it told me to do but obviously not.

Hello Dan.I think he means the big black cabinet slung under the fuselage in the screenshots. What it does in the sim and how it works is another matter.ps. any idea why my banner is not showing up? I think that I have done what it told me to do but obviously not.
I just downloaded it but do not have the same thing on the belly like in the pix. Perhaps it was changed?Olivier, Compare the entry of yours to this. Perhaps post yours and we can see what option yours has:[fltsim.2]title=PMDG J41 - HKG Government Flying Servicesim=pmdg_j41model=panel=sound=texture=HKGkb_checklists=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=B-HRSatc_airline=Hong Kongatc_flight_number=84atc_type=BRITISHAEROSPACEatc_model=JS41ui_manufacturer=British Aerospace (BAe)ui_type=JetStream 4100ui_variation=HKG Government Flying Serviceui_typerole=JetStream 4100ui_createdby=PMDGdescription=PMDG BAe JetStream 4100\nPrecision Manuals Development Group \nwww.precisionmanuals.com\nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed by PMDG \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=0atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMPairline_name=HKG Government Flying Servicegalley=foreKen, To display the picture the link refers to you need to put an open and close img in brackets before and after like so:
[img=http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_j41_banner.jpg]The [img= before and the ] after.

It should then appear like so:pmdg_j41_banner.jpgActually looking at the link now, I see yours differs. It has ... in it. Change that to the link I put in the code and it will work, but you still need to put the img before and after.

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan and OliverThe Radar dome is only visible in game, you will not see it as a spinning 3D model at the aircraft selection screen you will only see the standard aircraft without the radar.The other thing is that you can only have one aircraft at any one time fitted with the radar equipment, this is a result of the radar equipped model being called up by the texture= entry in the aircraft.cfg file, so (and by the way Dan your Hong Kong Government entries are correct, so it should show the radar in game) to get another repaint to show the radar equipment in game you will have to first of all have to change a few entries in the aircraft.cfg file and rename the existing Hong Kong Governments texture folder.To do this I find the best way is to first of all rename the existing texture folder for the PMDG Hong Kong Government aircraft to something like HKG1 and change the texture= entry in the aircraft.cfg files entry for the PMDG Hong Kong Government aircraft to texture=HKG1Then add your new repaint, renaming if needed your new repaints texture folder to ..Texture.HKGAnd of course changing the aircraft.cfg files texture= entry if it has not already been correctly done by the repainter totexture=HKGAnd that