Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Can you explain these discrepancies

During my last flight in FSX with LH Maddog I created a flightplan in FSbuild and started ASE. This on second client computer. Imported the flightplan in ASE and RC4.3 (EKCH ESGP). RC was run on the main FSX computer. I noticed the following discrepancies1) When selecting ATIS information in RC the information aboute windspeed and direction didn't agree with the report in ASE2) In the flightplan according to RC the first waypoint was DO39C and was listed to be at a distance of 0 nm and the next after that at 15 nm. In FSbuild Do39C was at 15 nm and the next at 22 nm.What could this be?

During my last flight in FSX with LH Maddog I created a flightplan in FSbuild and started ASE. This on second client computer. Imported the flightplan in ASE and RC4.3 (EKCH ESGP). RC was run on the main FSX computer. I noticed the following discrepancies1) When selecting ATIS information in RC the information aboute windspeed and direction didn't agree with the report in ASE2) In the flightplan according to RC the first waypoint was DO39C and was listed to be at a distance of 0 nm and the next after that at 15 nm. In FSbuild Do39C was at 15 nm and the next at 22 nm.What could this be?
1) this is such a common question. it takes a long time for ASE to populate fs with the weather. RC reads what the weather is in FS, not ASE. if ASE isn't finished, they will never agree2) show me the .pln, and make a log, making sure you click debug before loading the .pln. the click start rc, and then you can pretty much stop rc. ship me the .log and the .plnjd

I looked at several older SIDs I have for EKCH. Typically the D039C type label is a local waypoint (an can be duplicated label-wise within a few hundred miles) for the (among others) NOA6A SID for a 4R runway departure.I ran a build in FSB and I am attaching an image of the route table. Please check the coordinates on yours to see if they match. We just solved that issue for FSB in this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=276818Post your route (from the FSB route box, not table, including if any your SID choice and departure runway. Attach your exported plan file renaming the extension as .txt in a reply so it can be attached and your saved FSB navlog as a .pdf file.I recommend for now changing this line in your fsbuild folder in fsbuild2.cfg after backing it up:NAVCHKDUPDIST=100 from the current value.Finally if ASE has an option to convert the flight plan file format turn that off as it has caused problems for RC in FS9. I don't know if ASE processes the FSX file at all.

In addition to my reply below insure your scenery database rebuild is current as is from the links pinned at the top makerwys.exe ans FSUIPC4. If your scenery database is not current or RC thinks you are in a different place you'll get the incorrect distance.Now I also found an inconsistency in reading the FSB distances. I am attaching again the route table.In the distance column in the EKCH row it states 0. That is the distance to the next waypoint which is 0 for D039C. The 15 in the D039C row is to CH370 and matches my chart.The chart I have is named NORA 4A, an older version furnished with Aerosoft Scandanavian Airports for FS2004. I suspect that D039C is a waypoint at less than one mile from the departure end for the purpose quick shift to the left to separate aircraft departing 4R from 4L. In the older chart I have these are referred to as CH400 (4L) and CH367 (4R).We recommend eliminating these less than 1 mile waypoints from the plan sent to RC as in FS they can be difficult to properly cross and RC is very busy and may miss crediting that waypoint for you.After your first build in FSB before enabling the export do this. In FSB Build Options select Build From Route Waypoint Table/Grid so it is checked. (This is not sticky between FSB sessions and needs to be set each time FSB is started if desired.) In the route table highlight the D039C line. Hit your delete key. Turn on your FSX (or FS9 for some other users) and build again. The D039C waypoint will now not be exported for RC and should ease the location problem.Sorry I did not catch this in my first reply.

1) this is such a common question. it takes a long time for ASE to populate fs with the weather. RC reads what the weather is in FS, not ASE. if ASE isn't finished, they will never agree2) show me the .pln, and make a log, making sure you click debug before loading the .pln. the click start rc, and then you can pretty much stop rc. ship me the .log and the .plnjd
How long time should I wait for ASE? Until message Initial weather depection completed? During last try I waited 15 min and this time ATC info agreed with ASE. But still the waypoint info was incorrect again. Also I had a strong wind coming from nort still RC assigned me runway 22R. Isn't that strange? Why not 4R so I would start into the wind instead of with a tailwind? The two files you asked for couldn't be uploaded. I got an error message saying I'm not allowed to upload this type of file.

To attach a plan file rename the extension from .pln to .txt and it will upload/attach. I tested that.The .log file is too big to attach here. See the topic about the forum head about making and sending logs. You could also include the flight plan in the .zip file.:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=98492Did you understand about reading the distances in FSBuild and why and how to drop that first waypoint? There was no discrepancy in the distance.I am attaching the FSB route table with the distance column highlighted in red. After I took out D039C, turned on the Build From Route Grid option, and rebuilt, the distance on the first line (shows 15 miles to CH370 and that (after exporting it to FSX/FS9) is what RC will show. The next distance from CH370 to NORA on the CH370 line is 22 which is what RC will show after you get credit/cross CH370.I am also attaching an extracted image from current charts from here:http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dscgi/ds.py/View/Collection-94I have highlighted the waypoints in question. Please note that in this chart the NORA VOR seems to be NOVPA as this is now an RNAV departure. The highlighted DME KAS 3.0 waypoints near the runway ends included the 0 distance D039C waypoint that I edited out of the build. The next waypoint for the NOVPA (NORA) transition on the chart of use is the CH370, 15 miles from the runway end, where you turn left to NOVPA. I am attaching the description for the departure which includes the NOVPA/NORA transition.I hope this clarifies that there was no discrepancy in what FSBuild would export from the table and what you'd see RC show you about the waypoints.

Part 2;RC assigned in its first priority for take-off what it saw AI was using. If there were no AI then RC would choose the most appropriate runway into the wind.I don't have ASE (nor FSX but FS9) and I use an earlier version Active Sky 6.5. It notifies when weather writes are completed to FS. By the time this occurs AI might have already been taxiing according to previous weather before the weather writes were complete and departing and arriving AI may be using the incorrect runway for the new/current weather. If you go into FS's menu for date-time and advance the time by one minute AI will refresh, that is disappear and start again, but this time using the new weather information. Wait another minute or so (which you can use to prepare the aircraft) and then press the START button in RC. You will now get the current ATIS and as the AI start arriving and departing you'll get that runway or if no AI yet the proper runway for the weather that also satisfies other priorities.If there still is a discreapancy then the .log file zipped and sent to jd will have the AI action and RC's actions documented in it.Optionally, if you want to see how AI behave, down this freeware AI diagnostic from here;http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/TrafficLook.zip. It needs to be set to run as an administrator in VISTA or WINDOWS 7.Unzip TrafficLook.exe to any folder on your FS machine. After you load your flight into FS and set your weather, alt-tab out of FS to the TrafficLook shortcut folder and start it. You can alt-tab between FS, RC, ASE, and Traffic Look. It will show you a table and as AI start moving it will tell you what they are doing and when assigned a runway it will tell you what runway they will be using. It will show you AI arriving at all airports in the vicinity and what runway when they are close enough. By comparing their action and how RC assigns runways you might get a clue as to what is happening. I know this may be complex but this is just optional if you want to understand things.

To attach a plan file rename the extension from .pln to .txt and it will upload/attach. I tested that.The .log file is too big to attach here. See the topic about the forum head about making and sending logs. You could also include the flight plan in the .zip file.:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=98492Did you understand about reading the distances in FSBuild and why and how to drop that first waypoint? There was no discrepancy in the distance.I am attaching the FSB route table with the distance column highlighted in red. After I took out D039C, turned on the Build From Route Grid option, and rebuilt, the distance on the first line (shows 15 miles to CH370 and that (after exporting it to FSX/FS9) is what RC will show. The next distance from CH370 to NORA on the CH370 line is 22 which is what RC will show after you get credit/cross CH370.I am also attaching an extracted image from current charts from here:http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dscgi/ds.py/View/Collection-94I have highlighted the waypoints in question. Please note that in this chart the NORA VOR seems to be NOVPA as this is now an RNAV departure. The highlighted DME KAS 3.0 waypoints near the runway ends included the 0 distance D039C waypoint that I edited out of the build. The next waypoint for the NOVPA (NORA) transition on the chart of use is the CH370, 15 miles from the runway end, where you turn left to NOVPA. I am attaching the description for the departure which includes the NOVPA/NORA transition.I hope this clarifies that there was no discrepancy in what FSBuild would export from the table and what you'd see RC show you about the waypoints.
I understand how to delete the first waypoint and why I need to build again. But I'm not sure I understand why it need to be deleted in the first place. Limitations in FSbuild and FS+RC?When I first build the route it is identical for the first four waypoints except I have 87 in distance for NOA and then my next waypoints are BACKA SAVE directly after NOA.Also a weird thing I always get an assigned altitude of 14000 ft which seems low to me.I have added NAVCHKDUPDIST=100 to fsbuild2.cfgAfter deleting the first waypoint and build again I now also have 15 in distance for EKCH

I understand how to delete the first waypoint and why I need to build again. But I'm not sure I understand why it need to be deleted in the first place. Limitations in FSbuild and FS+RC?When I first build the route it is identical for the first four waypoints except I have 87 in distance for NOA and then my next waypoints are BACKA SAVE directly after NOA.Also a weird thing I always get an assigned altitude of 14000 ft which seems low to me.I have added NAVCHKDUPDIST=100 to fsbuild2.cfgAfter deleting the first waypoint and build again I now also have 15 in distance for EKCH
is your fsbuild up to date? i seem to remember a bug in fsbuild where it mishandled the first checkpoint.

The current version of FSBuild is 2.3.7.6.2, build 239 as seen on the Help/About screen. If you already have version 2.3 something use this link for the upgrade:http://www.fsbuild.com/dl/Fsbuild2376_2Upd.exeOriginally, your D039C waypoint was listed as 0 nm from EKCH because of distance rounding down. It is less than 1 nm from the 4R runway end and that was shown on the first line of the FSBuild grid. There may have been some rounding in the exported coordinates to RC (in the .pln file) and RC saw this as zero distance in its trigonometry calculations. Here is the FSX exported .pln file extract before taking out D093C.:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0"> <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr> <FlightPlan.FlightPlan> <Title>EKCH to ESGP</Title> <FPType>IFR</FPType> <RouteType>HighAlt</RouteType> <CruisingAlt>34000</CruisingAlt> <DepartureID>EKCH</DepartureID> <DepartureLLA>N55

One correction to my reply below. Internally distances to checkpoints are not rounded to whole numbers, but are carried out to four decimals. Only in the RC status window are decimals truncated so anything less than 1.0 is shown as 0.