Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry.S

Kai Tak 9Dragons

Guest Terry.S

HiDon't know of someone can help but I seem to have a problem, I think scenery related with 9Dragons.Installed Version 2 of Kai Tak and was ok. Installed update slightly after and now I have these, what can only be discribed as vertical grey crosses when looked at from above. They seem to be mainly placed around the buildings at the edge of the runway.I have searched Kai Tak in the FS9 forums but to no avail unfortunatelyAny help would be appreciatedMany thanksTerry.SOS is Vista Home Premium 32 bitComputor: Dell XPS 720. 3.0 Ghz Quad Core. 4 Gig Ram

These could be missing tree textures. Trees that miss their textures could indeed occur as "vertical grey crosses". I wouldn't have a good idea how to do anything about it except uninstalling the update, though...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest Terry.S

Thralni, just had another look at locations and I think you are right, lost tree textures.Anyone know how to fix this issue?Many thanks

May be it requires Gerrish Grey's trees. Had the same problem with another scenery and his trees solved it. I had no problems with 9 Dragons HK but I think his trees were already installed. The installation instructions should mention if any extra files are required.Colin B

HiDon't know of someone can help but I seem to have a problem, I think scenery related with 9Dragons.Installed Version 2 of Kai Tak and was ok. Installed update slightly after and now I have these, what can only be discribed as vertical grey crosses when looked at from above. They seem to be mainly placed around the buildings at the edge of the runway.I have searched Kai Tak in the FS9 forums but to no avail unfortunatelyAny help would be appreciatedMany thanksTerry.SOS is Vista Home Premium 32 bitComputor: Dell XPS 720. 3.0 Ghz Quad Core. 4 Gig Ram
Check your personal messages.

Guest Terry.S
Check your personal messages.
Thank you David, will let you know how I get onMany thanks

Terry ---Assuming the issue is actually related to "trees" (a screenshot would have helped) - check the following:In the 9Dragons V2\texture subfolder you should have these two files:MTtrees2.bmp and MTtrees4.bmpIn your 9Dragons V2\scenery subfolder you should have these two files:MTtrees2.bgl and MTtrees4.bglIf the texture files are missing for whatever reason PM me and I can send them to you.Hope that helps.

Guest Terry.S
Terry ---Assuming the issue is actually related to "trees" (a screenshot would have helped) - check the following:In the 9Dragons V2\texture subfolder you should have these two files:MTtrees2.bmp and MTtrees4.bmpIn your 9Dragons V2\scenery subfolder you should have these two files:MTtrees2.bgl and MTtrees4.bglIf the texture files are missing for whatever reason PM me and I can send them to you.Hope that helps.
Hi OpaSent Clutch a screen shot in email of problem and have check folders for bgl,s and bmp,s.Have checked files and I have both texture bmp and scenery bgl's in respective folders.I am beginning to think then that perhaps this may be something to do with the other sceneries I have installed in FS9 which for most part are a few freeware airports and 4 Simwings sceneries and AES.Btw, as my initial post, if viewed from above they look like crosses.Many thanks for the pointers and help

Terry,Do a system search for the 2 .bgl files.Make sure that every place you find them you have the .bmp files in the texture folder next to the .bgl files.So any place you find ...\sceneryname\scenery\MTtrees2.bgl and/or MTtrees4.bglyou also find ...\sceneryname\texture\MTtrees2.bmp and/or MTtrees4.bmpYou may find multiple copies of the .bgl files. FS will only use one regardless of where you are in the sim world.If the .bgl file does not have the .bmp file in the associated texture folder, or the main texture folder FS will not go looking for the .bmp file somewhere else. FS will display the object without textures. And in the FS world most trees are gray crosses when displayed without textures.Another option would be to copy MTtrees2.bmp and MTtrees4.bmp to the main FS9 texture folder and see if that fixes the problem.Hope this helps.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

That looks a lot like the screenshot Hans posted in this thread. Might be worth a look although I'm not sure if we're dealing with the same .bgl. Hans may have been dealing with the trees in the foreground which are shown textured in your screenshot. Have a look at this post in particular:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1632565Jim

Guest Terry.S

Yaaaay all sorted :( Thank you all so very much for helping me solve this problem. :( :( I done a complete search as you guys suggested of FS9 and my PC, just in case. lol, for the files ......... (I obviously never done it right the first time Opa) B) MTtrees2.bgl and MTtrees4.bgl. Also for MTtrees2.bmp and MTtrees4.bmp AND...... guess what...... there was a texture (MTtrees2.bmp) missing from ........"LTBA 2008 - Istanbul Ataturk Intl. Airport v1.21 Update" available from Avsim Library.I copied the .bmp from 9 Dragons to the texture folder of LTBA and it has solved the problem. Big thanks once again to all B) See picture below

Great to here you fixed it.Just curious, was Istanbul higher priority than Kai Tak in the scenery Library?regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest Terry.S
Great to here you fixed it.Just curious, was Istanbul higher priority than Kai Tak in the scenery Library?regards,Joe
Joe9 Dragons is at priority 2 and LTBA is at priority 21. I have AES at priority 1Thanks again for your help ;)