Sign in to follow this  
Guest deltaflight

Can we expect a fix anytime soon?

Guest deltaflight

I'm beginning to wonder why Evolution was released when there is so many issues. Certainly these had to be seen by the beta testers? Constant popping clouds, erratic winds, high altitude clouds, etc. etc. I've had to go back to AS6 all together as Evolution is just not cutting it.AS6 is a superb program and I understand it was developed by the same fellow who just released Evolution. Is there any talk of a service pack or fix being released anytime soon? I check this forum everyday but never read any communications indicating a fix is in the future.Thanks,Mitch

We must be using different programs. No problems here at all. Actually, I haven't read about many problems on these forums, either. So - in your opinion - what needs to be fixed?

Hi Mitch,At the end of the manual are the list of beta testers that worked through the numerous Builds of ASE, sometimes with multiple Builds on the same day.I just wish, in general, that FS hobbyists would lay off this whole idea/question about whether something was tested and ready for release. Damian and I and the whole team would never release a piece of software that we didn't feel was ready to be released. Is anything ever perfect? No, and so we try and improve things as much as possible.No, the beta team did not have so many of these issues. No constant cloud pops, no major wind shifts, no high level clouds, etc. etc.......Yes, we are cataloging the major issues that are being reported to us and we will be releasing any Service Packs in the future. Is anything ready in the next few days or week? No, we are looking at about a month from now or so.

At first I was disappointed in ASA with a couple of issues such as wind shifts and so on. But once I did some reading on this forum and made some configuration changes, ASA has been running prefectly for me in FSX. I'm very happy with the product.

Guest deltaflight
in your opinion - what needs to be fixed?
Umm, the items listed above? LOL
Hi Mitch,At the end of the manual are the list of beta testers that worked through the numerous Builds of ASE, sometimes with multiple Builds on the same day.I just wish, in general, that FS hobbyists would lay off this whole idea/question about whether something was tested and ready for release. Damian and I and the whole team would never release a piece of software that we didn't feel was ready to be released. Is anything ever perfect? No, and so we try and improve things as much as possible.No, the beta team did not have so many of these issues. No constant cloud pops, no major wind shifts, no high level clouds, etc. etc.......Yes, we are cataloging the major issues that are being reported to us and we will be releasing any Service Packs in the future. Is anything ready in the next few days or week? No, we are looking at about a month from now or so.
Thank you Jim for your response. I understand your point, but as you can see from the forum, I am not the only one experiencing these issues. It appears the problems often reported in ASA have migrated to ASE as well. I have tried the numerous "temporary fixes" changing values to "0" etc etc.... But I should not have to do this in order for the progrem to work as advertised. At any rate, I do feel confident now that you and Damian are addressing the issues. I have enjoyed Hi-Fi products from the very inception and I trust I will do so for many years to come.Mitch

Guest nemo06
We must be using different programs. No problems here at all. Actually, I haven't read about many problems on these forums, either. So - in your opinion - what needs to be fixed?
But if they are the developers themselves who are trying to fix the software?!?!

Quite often any problems are in the eye (mind's eye?) of the beholder. I'm just saying...not casting aspersions in any one's direction.I've used AS in its' various permutations and each newer version has offered numerous improvements over the past.OHHH boy am I gonna get stepped on for that first statement.:( :(

Quite often any problems are in the eye (mind's eye?) of the beholder. I'm just saying...not casting aspersions in any one's direction.I've used AS in its' various permutations and each newer version has offered numerous improvements over the past.OHHH boy am I gonna get stepped on for that first statement. :( :(
I agree 100%. ASE is a big step forward from ASA. I am happy with it. Sure there's the occasional windshift or cloud pop but I think some people fail to realize Flight Simulator = computer program. I'm sure the HiFi guys can keep improving ASE to minimize such issues, but to say ASE is not useable is going a little far.Keep up the great work HiFi!

Jeff Calder

Guest nemo06
I agree 100%. ASE is a big step forward from ASA. I am happy with it. Sure there's the occasional windshift or cloud pop but I think some people fail to realize Flight Simulator = computer program. I'm sure the HiFi guys can keep improving ASE to minimize such issues, but to say ASE is not useable is going a little far.Keep up the great work HiFi!
Options configuration, please.Thanks

Clouds do appear at high altitude, I flew from Mexico the other day between FL340 and FL370 and saw clouds climbing through FL300 to FL320 and there were clouds while cruising at our altitude. As for "cloud-popping" I have flown several times without an issue and the reason I believe is that I have selected zero cloud redraws set in ASE. I will post some screen-shots of my settings which you can try for yourself later today.Best regards,

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm going to go waaay out on a limb here and say I'm not sure how much good posting my settings will do you (all inclusive). I believe that things like what other add-ons you are running, your computer system, etc all influence how my settings will work for you and vice/versa. In general, my settings are stock out of the box as they come from the factory. I do have cloud layers set at 4 (four) and DWC unchecked.I tend to tamper with things very little. All I want to do is see the pretty airplanes fly around, not play computer geek all day to see if I can get one more FPS or one more or less cloud in the sky.

Maybe you were flying oved depression and some bad weather was below? At this latitude this time of year clouds at FL300 is nothing unusual.

Tom Link

Here are my settings, see if ASE/FSX work better:

\Robert Hamlich/