Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

ASE Destination Winds Incorrect

Noticed that the last few flights using ASE/FSX the destination winds were incorrect, whether or not the "force destination weather" option is selected. Usually 180 degrees out of sync with what they should be. I am noticing the visibility and clouds are normal, and within a minute or two after touchdown, the winds are correct. I used FSUIPC to supress wind gusts and turbulence, but not limit the amout of degrees per second for the wind. On the approach, I can see the wind shifting back and forth on the ND of whatever aircraft I fly, and it matches the data shown in the shift+Z display, but it never corrects to where it is reported to be.. This is with our without PMDGs aircraft as well. I also always load a flight plan. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi,So the winds are wrong and then once you land the wind goes to correct? Do they suddenly jump or are they gradually changing on the ground?

Seems to be a fairly quick transition, as I dont have FSUIPC smoothing.
Pretty sure I saw this last night at KEWR as well after my flight from EGCC. Using the recommended 1degree/3 seconds in FSUIPC. Force Destination Wxr on. Report tab said winds 010/19 Yet Map page was clearly showing winds going the opposite and when I got my landing clearance winds were read to me as like 190/19 or something. 010/19 was correct btw and all AI was using 4L and 4R as expected. Made for an almost 20kt tail/crosswind landing. Bet the folks in back made full use of their air sickness bags LOL... I didn't happen to notice if it corrected itself on the ground was changing pants :( Weird...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

This happens to me aswell I use fsuipc for winds, and force destination weather, landing at CYYZ in ASE the winds were 020@13 knts, on approach the winds in fsx were 150 @ 10 knts as soon as I landed the winds went to what ASE was reporting 020 @ 13 knts very rapidly.

this maybe a fsuipc and ase problem, because if you go into fsuipc ad press weather buttonon the front screen, the winds will instantly change to what ase has downloaded

this maybe a fsuipc and ase problem, because if you go into fsuipc ad press weather buttonon the front screen, the winds will instantly change to what ase has downloaded
Which button, the clear all weather, or default weather settings?

Hi there,I have the same issue. :( FSX+ASE

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Hi, I have noticed something similar... I had turned DWC off and went playing without it. Winds in Rome were the same as in Paris on departure, however clouds was kinda ok. Altimiter was also the same as in Paris on departure. Then I hit the dynamic slider to 50% and whoaaaaa winds went back to what they shoud have been...Normal FSUIPC, however today will get the registered version to beat the wind change at altitudes.

Tom Link

Same issue here. I always seem to be vectored and landing with a tail wind. Traffic is coming at me most of the time.BobKMEM

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi Bob,After FS and AS are started and running are you refreshing the AI system with the icon in AS?

I just had a similar problem. I had my flightplan loaded and was flying into KORD. ASE is reporting the following:Wind Dir - 020Wind Speed - 9KT gusting to 19Visibility - 10+SMClouds - OvercastPrecip - Heavy RainTemp - 12.0/5.0Pressure - 29.81 inchesIt assigned me Runway 28. As I was vectoring at 8000 feet the wind was 218@44.I'm using DWC and I did press the "refresh AI" button. Force destination Wx Zone is checked. FSUIPC is set to 3 degree/sec for wind smoothing.Weird, I don't recall it ever doing this before.I'm not sure how FS assigns runways when DWC is enabled, since if "Global mode" is on, wouldn't the weather at the ground @ destination be whatever it is where your aircraft is? Then after you land you get the proper weather. Or does ASE know how to tell FSX what the weather is on the ground at your destination? When are you supposed to press the Refresh AI button? Immediately after loading up FSX? Or right before TOD? Or when you're within 80 miles of destination? Do you only have to press it once per flight?Wow, that's a lot of questions. Sorry Jim!Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

Guest nemo06

AI refresh?How? When? Why?

Hi Jeff,Try with DWC Off.Click on the Refresh button once per FS session, after FS is loaded.That is so the AI/ATIS system in FS has the current data loaded into that system. After, it will continue to have the AS data so you don't have to worry on long distance flights about refreshing again.

Guest nemo06

Sorry Jim,I did not understand (per flight) the correct startup sequence of ASE and FS9.(i have Ge Pro)