Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus1

Anisotropic issue on HD 5870 card

Hi to @ll,I have worked long time with a GTX-295 and now own Saphire's HD 5870 Vapor-X. The reason I switched from GTX-295 to HD-5870 was following:I have 3x 24" Monitors set-up. When I played FSX on single monitor at 1920x1200 with my GTX-295 it was quite stunning. I used some tweaks like Bufferpools=0 and so on. The problem was, that I was not able to use my second monitor with the BP=0 tweak. As soon as I opened a second view to my second monitor everywhere graphic errors occured (tons of black polygon lines started from autogen objects to the sky). I also had red lots about Multi-GPU cards and FSX and that FSX cannot use the huge power of my card. So I was forced to play at 1920x1200x32 and could have no use of my two other monitors. I also liked to have a stretched cockpit view like many of you achieve with Matrox Triple Head 2 Go. So after a certain period I decided to purchase the HD 5870.Now I am using the 5870 and my three monitors with ATI's CCC version 10.3 including bezel management and having a resolution of 6060x1200 which works fine so far. I also uninstalled completely my FSX and reinstalled it fresh from beginning. Now I am realizing, that with my new setup the textures at ground height are not as sharp as it used to be with my GTX-295. I will show you some examples what it looked like with my GTX-295:image335cruc.jpg 2010-2-25_4-7-48-634lqeg.jpg image120dqn7.jpg 2010-2-25_3-20-58-265nskx.jpg 2010-3-5_0-20-31-485woph.jpg 2010-3-5_0-20-46-925xrza.jpg 2010-3-5_1-33-7-462pqzi.jpgWith my HD-5870 it looks like this:2010-4-4_0-20-34-158qcti.jpg 2010-4-6_0-8-31-72ve7c.jpg 2010-4-4_0-22-4-7285d92.jpg

Try the ******* tweaks and see if they help. What we need is an ATI version of nHancer.

******* tweeks doesn't help here, this is a totally other scenario.

I assume that somehow the driver settings (16x anisotropic filtering with high quality settings) are not recognized by FSX. Maybe it's the same issue like the VSync issue on HD 5xxx cards? Will D3DOVerrider of Rivatuner help here? Who knows anything about that?Thank you in advance.

Have you tried to uncheck Anti-aliasing in FS setup? Prerequisite for implementing NickN

Yes, I wrote that already in the beginning of my posting. I also tried to disable Anti-Aliasing in FSX and set Filtering mode to Trilinear in FSX. Then I forced by ATI Driver CCC 10.3 to use 4x AA and 16x AF and of course all the quality levels set to highest setting (except for VSync, which I choosed to DISABLE). But however, I don't think Anti-Aliasing relates to this problem. I think it's dedicated to the "anisotropic filtering" option.Maybe the rest of you can help. Just ensure to choose highest possible settings on the left side of "Scenery" setup in FSX. Then choose KJFK as starting airport, zoom out of the plane, so you will see the water and the plane. You'll get a pic like mine:2010-3-5_0-20-46-925xrza.jpgI would really like to know if it's a ATI issue or maybe something else. I am looking forward to see some screenshots of Nvidia users and ATI users, so we can compare each other.Thank you very much in advance,Pegasus.

@ nVidia users:can you give me some screenshots of this scenario please?thank you!