Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

Scenery and AI reloading mid flight

I thought that I had soved this problem some time ago with the help of others on this forum,but Ive notWhen flying over the last few occasions, and after about 45 mins with no issues the sim stops, black screen and the scenery reload starts as if from scratch.When this is done Im at the same location as when this happend and im surrounded by AI 20- 30 planes.The Tacs screen shows AI popping up over about a 20 mile radius.I fly through them for about 10 mins and then everything settels down to normal.I tried AI seperation today but the same thing happend.I did notice that on the FMC the time went back 1 hour after the reload. ie from 9000z to 8000z?I use ASv6.5 weather engine and Radar Contact.I have checked FSUIP and it is not set to sync FS real time.anyone any ideas thanks steve

Yep, usually I've found it's caused by a time change. I don't know what you can do about it...

It's normal to get scenery refresh from time to time, esp when covering large distances.

I thought that I had soved this problem some time ago with the help of others on this forum,but Ive notWhen flying over the last few occasions, and after about 45 mins with no issues the sim stops, black screen and the scenery reload starts as if from scratch.When this is done Im at the same location as when this happend and im surrounded by AI 20- 30 planes.The Tacs screen shows AI popping up over about a 20 mile radius.I fly through them for about 10 mins and then everything settels down to normal.I tried AI seperation today but the same thing happend.I did notice that on the FMC the time went back 1 hour after the reload. ie from 9000z to 8000z?I use ASv6.5 weather engine and Radar Contact.I have checked FSUIP and it is not set to sync FS real time.anyone any ideas thanks steve
It's an old bug in MSFS...if you're not in the continental US, all the timezones are screwed up by moving GMT instead of local time. This change causes the scenery reload.You can do one of two things;1: Find and download FSRealTime that has .bgl files that will fix 99% of the timezone problems on the MSFS globe and keep MSFS time synced.or...2. Find and download Dennis Thompson's TimeZone 3.0 files (search Dennis Thompson in AVSIM library...should be 4 files total). That should work too, as they are the same files offered by FSRealTime.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks for the help gents.Ive downloaded TimeZone 3.0 from avsim.ill try a flight tomorrow and see how we get on. thanks again steve

Just a quick question. Where do these new bgl files go in FS9. Its not very clear in the instructions. thanks again steve

Just a quick question. Where do these new bgl files go in FS9. Its not very clear in the instructions.thanks againsteve
Assuming you are referring to the package named Time Zone 3.0 ......... This is what I would do:quote from his instructions:If you want to install my files manually, all BGL, BAT, and BGD files MUST be installed in their own scenery folder just like any other third party scenery.end quoteThat would mean that you create a folder and name it Time Zone. Then create a scenery subfolder in that folder and place the above mentioned files in that scenery subfolder.You would then place the folder named Time Zone in your Addon scenery folder and activate (add) it via the Scenery Library dialogue within FS2004.Hope that helps.

Thanks Opa,Ill try installing like you say.In the download version which i took from Avsim there were no instructions like you state. Thanks again steve