Sign in to follow this  
Guest Collezio

VERO Flight Simulation Environments Lab., NEW ERA for FSX ?

Looks good.If Niagara Falls is expanded in the pay version to include the entire Niagara Region and the GTA, I'm in.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Guest Collezio
Looks good.If Niagara Falls is expanded in the pay version to include the entire Niagara Region and the GTA, I'm in.
I think the whole U.S.A. is in production...

Looks like any photorealistic addon to me... As usual the buildings looks very odd when you approach them from the wrong durection (which is the opposite direction of which the photo's were taken), as with all photorealistic addons. And I am sure it look quite crappy when flying low or during approach. The season-thing is a nice idea, but all they did (as far as I can see) is change the colors in Photoshop (or whatever): the pictures look exactly the same but the colors are changed a little.I read something about autogen being used:"These are samples of the VERO Hi-Fi details enhacement technique. The before and after is on 2 different versions of summer variations (different green hue)

Jeroen,What do you mean by "it only looks nice from one direction"? :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jeroen,What do you mean by "it only looks nice from one direction"? :(
The well known effect of flat pics taken from an oblique angle, which of course would only look realistic when viewed from that angle. It's an effect less likely to affect top-down satellite shots, but it is something that plagues all photorealistic sceneries. Fly around a photorealistic airport scenery and look at the cars in the car park and you'll see the effect.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Unless they've got a satellite taking hi-res photos for them the product is going to be limited as there just isn't a lot of good quality photos available right now for much of the world.

The well known effect of flat pics taken from an oblique angle, which of course would only look realistic when viewed from that angle. It's an effect less likely to affect top-down satellite shots, but it is something that plagues all photorealistic sceneries. Fly around a photorealistic airport scenery and look at the cars in the car park and you'll see the effect.Al
That's exactly what I mean. :( If you are at the exact location from where the pciture was taken, a building may look very real, but when you approach it from another direction, it looks odd, as if it's upside down, stretched, etc.

The videos do look nice but I would miss the autogen and the cars on the roadways. I think the ORBX way of doing things is the wave of the future - it is closest we will come to having cake and eating it. Of course, it is much more labor intensive but the results are truly spectacular.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest JamesMc

They are doing it with autogen. I was able to see some pictures with autogen this morning and it looked pretty good. Sadly the link had to be removed due to a communication issue.

Guest Collezio
They are doing it with autogen. I was able to see some pictures with autogen this morning and it looked pretty good. Sadly the link had to be removed due to a communication issue.
This link works ... http://vero-fs.com/blog/shop/usa-shop-2/san-francisco-bay/Orbx is very nice as a product, but not a true photo-realism. To see this screen from this new product TRUE is comprised of a photorealistic autogen and traffic. It seems a revolutionary product ...

Dunno... PNW looks at least as good as some of that stuff... more AG, crisper textures. But difficult to compare, to be fair, on these pics.

Paul Skol

Judging by the screen shots it looks good.If they can do a good Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area w/night textures I will buy it since there is still nothing out that fits that bill and is good quality.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Judging by the screen shots it looks good.If they can do a good Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area w/night textures I will buy it since there is still nothing out that fits that bill and is good quality.
I'm with you on that one!

Alexander Alonso