Sign in to follow this  
skip d

rex forum

my avast showed a 'trojan horse' on the rex forum.anybody else having any trouble ???

Please don't use avast.It's rubbish and don't let a product like that scan the websites you are surfing.It only wastes resources unless you're using IE or planing on actively installing viruses.EDIT:Before anyone gets angry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.... my meds that I probably should be taking didn't kick in yet.What I actually meant to say is that you will always get false positives at one point or another and that you're pretty safe with whatever you're doing as long as you don't install stuff from non-trusted sources.It's highly unlikely that the REX forum is contaminated in any kind of way.

Yes, I got this yesterday, I assumed as REX is a tursted source I could just ignore the warning

Please don't use avast.
Why not?

Keithy George

Why not?
Just do a Google search on AntiVirus application comparisons..... like below:http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/You'll find Kaspersky, BitDefender, Panda and a couple of others are constantly at the top of the heap. Generally freeware A/V programs will throw up more false positives than payware, are more difficult to control and don't protect as well.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just do a Google search on AntiVirus application comparisons..... like below:http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/You'll find Kaspersky, BitDefender, Panda and a couple of others are constantly at the top of the heap. Generally freeware A/V programs will throw up more false positives than payware, are more difficult to control and don't protect as well.
Ok thanks for the tip. The unfortunate thing is that I purchased AVG Home and the damn thing does not like my Level D 767,as seen here http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_post...&PID=149982 it stops it loading. So thats why I got Avast as I did not want to pay for more virus after paying for AVG. Its a case of dammed if you do dammed if you dont

Keithy George

Had BitDefender and got rid of it because it turned into a pig. Support is pretty good.Had Norton and got a couple of bad viruses so I dumped it. Support SUCKS.Got Avira Prem Suite and NO problems, only one false positive. Support OUTSTANDING.I don't trust that review. It doesn't seem to change much anyway.

Folks we are looking into this with Network Solutions AND Google. The site is up for review with Google administrators after a "Secure I" full-scan was completed and showing all negative for any spyware/malware or Trojans. We appreciate your patience in the matter, but just know it is in fact safe.Thank you,Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com