Sign in to follow this  
WGCL

FSX AGS 2010 - AMERICA GIGA SCENERY

I invite all users to this community to know: FSX AGS 2010 - AMERICA GIGA SCENERY (3.7 Gb) Scenery complement of North, Central and South Americas for FSX. Fully built with a database of high precision GPS. Complete relief SRTM with plains, plateaus, hills and mountains. Typical vegetation based in GIS high definition. Hydrography detailed with rivers, lakes, dams, oceans, islands and beaches. Built-up urban areas with parks, squares, villages, towns and cities. Highways, roads, streets, access roads and railroads with car traffic. South of USA, Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South Americas. EXCELLENT QUALITY WORK! SCENERY TOTALLY FREE! Screens, download and contact: http://www.fsxamericagigascenery2010.xpg.com.br Regards, Wellington Leal. (Master Scenery Designer for FSX).

Wow! now that is generous of you, that must have been a lot of work! A big Thank You!! I just finished downloading them. I knew my 35Mbs FIOS connection would come in handy someday :( I averaged 40 sec per file.) If it wasn't for the waiting period between files I could have had them in 10 minutes. A trick I figured out with Firefox (Don't think you can do it easily in IE, is to after each download clear your cookies for the last hour, then the most you'll wait is 90 seconds between D/L, else the time multiplies, unless you pay (Like rapidshare).One thing though, I assume version 1.5 is the current one, in it there are terrain files from 1 to 12 but it appears 10 and 11 are missing, is that the way it's suppose to be?Thanks againEdit: Just tried to uncompress the terrain files with WinRar, and it is looking for the terrain 10 and 11 files. Or should we be using Ver 1.0 at this time?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Tom, thank you for yours compliments about my work.For reasons of lack of time I could only just finished doing the uploads of 10 and 11 rar files of Terrain Scenery.I'm so sorry for the inconvenience that I did to you and other Avsim users because of this.I prefer 4shared.com to Rapidshare.com as server. The 4shared.com have more tools for manipulating files.Download the version 1.5, delete the version 1.0, the version 1.5 has been completely revised and updated.Regards,Wellington Leal.(Master Scenery Designer for FSX)

How does this affect GEX, UTX , Scenery Tech, FSGenisis, other scenery addons, etc.? What does this do?Lynn

Hi Tom, thank you for yours compliments about my work.For reasons of lack of time I could only just finished doing the uploads of 10 and 11 rar files of Terrain Scenery.I'm so sorry for the inconvenience that I did to you and other Avsim users because of this.I prefer 4shared.com to Rapidshare.com as server. The 4shared.com have more tools for manipulating files.Download the version 1.5, delete the version 1.0, the version 1.5 has been completely revised and updated.Regards,Wellington Leal.(Master Scenery Designer for FSX)
Thanks I got them now! I tried it and it's pretty good, it's not as detailed or refined as UTUSA, but for Central and South America, I think it is very good. I especially like the texture selection for vegetation. Is there a way to disable it for the US portion of the scenery?Thanks again!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Guest NoNewMessages
... Is there a way to disable it for the US portion of the scenery?
If you have UTX for the CONUS, position UTX above the scenery entries for the AGS work. As UTX should be right above the default scenery layers I would see about moving the AGS layers down between UTX and default. UTX *should* work just fine for the vector based scenery work. Any layering of land class is up to the user and is covered in the UTX manual.

If you have UTX for the CONUS, position UTX above the scenery entries for the AGS work. As UTX should be right above the default scenery layers I would see about moving the AGS layers down between UTX and default. UTX *should* work just fine for the vector based scenery work. Any layering of land class is up to the user and is covered in the UTX manual.
Yup don't know why I didn't do that in the first place, my bad!! Flying a little around Acapulco Mx, I like it. I only found one anomaly so far, there is a building floating in the water, no doubt caused by the more accurate coast lines. Looks like in general the work he did on repositioning objects to avoid this is very good. Especially for a first release!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

so is this a combination of what UTX GEX and a Mesh would provide, i.e. new landclass mapping, textures and terrain enhancement?

Hi guys,I visited the website and I was wondering if the screen-shots (airports) showing on the main page are the only ones that are included in the downloads. Or, does this product covers the entire Central America and South America regions?Johnny

Hi guys,I visited the website and I was wondering if the screen-shots (airports) showing on the main page are the only ones that are included in the downloads. Or, does this product covers the entire Central America and South America regions?Johnny
It's not airport scenery, rather it's regional scenery like UTUSAX is. A rather large region encompassing all of Latin, Central, and South America, and the Southern US. If you have UTUSAX or other scenery you want to supersede this, make sure you order it below it. It is not as detailed as UTUSA, but much better than default. A rather large freeware contribution to the community from it's developer. One that hasn't received the recognition from this forum, that I think it deserves.. I for one are thankful for it!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Wow! Seems like exactly the thing I've been looking for for so long. Thanks! Will download over the weekend.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yes, really try it, Benjamin. A big thumbs up for the author and his efforts.A note on the 'broadcast' scenery entry, which I think should give you extra NDBs and such. They've mixed up FSX a bit, showing tons and tons of navaids. I can't rule out that I did something wrong there, but as this is only a small part of the scenery and the rest is pure gold for especially South America, I'll leave it as a note.Downloading the gigabytes can be a pain, but stay strong, it's worth it. smile.png

Yes, really try it, Benjamin. A big thumbs up for the author and his efforts.A note on the 'broadcast' scenery entry, which I think should give you extra NDBs and such. They've mixed up FSX a bit, showing tons and tons of navaids. I can't rule out that I did something wrong there, but as this is only a small part of the scenery and the rest is pure gold for especially South America, I'll leave it as a note.Downloading the gigabytes can be a pain, but stay strong, it's worth it. smile.png
I've been looking for textures, mesh, roads, etc for South America and this could be what I need. Can I just download and install S. America? Also, I can' seem to locate downloads.Thanks.Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Unfortunately, you've hit the weak spot right on the head. The download process. The page itself is here. http://www.4shared.c...nery_2010_.html That's the author's folder at 4shared.The installation happens in the way that you combine the folders to your liking and in the detail you prefer and then add it to the scenery library manually. As said, the big one is the download, the rest may be a bit of copy&paste work.You will see a structure like on the UTX installations when done. So a bunch of folders with the separate ingredients of the scenery. While UTX gives you some neat tools to then enable and disable features, this one happens with placing the files in the active folders or moving them away. That's where the density selection of the scenery happens.So you may see a collection like this.

Priority 1 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Transport"Priority 2 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Hydrography"Priority 3 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Park"Priority 4 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Large Metro Area"Priority 5 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Metro Area"Priority 6 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Small Metro Area"Priority 7 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Vegetation"Priority 8 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Terrain"Priority 9 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Exclusion"
Whereas the 'Terrain' folder is one which can be filled with dense or even more dense stuff.He has included a map, which shows the coverage and the area description. So if you would want to include or exclude certain items, you would look for their map coordinates.terrainmap.pngIf you e. g. would want to exclude Florida, the 20-07 area items would have to be moved out of the folder. But, so far, everything works fine here and if you have UTX USA above the freeware, you will see UTX USA in the covered areas and the freeware would fill everything southwards.I think it grabs the textures from GEX, if installed, as GEX overwrites the default FSX ones, which get rearranged with this freeware as far as I could tell.

Please See Attachtment (Screen Shots)I see no difference; but it is very likely due to the my installation. For those of you who have downloaded and installed these items, please let me know where my error is.---This is what I did: I created a folder within "Add-on Scenery" and named it "FSX AGS 2010." Then I created subfolders (within the FSX AGS 2010 folder), and named them according to authors list of contents. Finally I extracted the contents of the author's site to it's respective sub-folder.--- I then started FSX, settings, scenery library, add area, and chose "add-on scenery" and clicked on the subfolders, but nothing happens...I only see a message: "No items match your Criteria."Any help will be greatly appreciated.