Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tristanestac

White and invisble buildings

Guest Tristanestac

Hello Avsimers !I've got a problem with my FS for about 2 weeks. The problem is that some FS2004 Base buildings are in white (may be there aren't buildings but I think) and invisible. It's very hard to explain the problem, here are 2 screens to help you my friends :<OVERSIZED IMAGES REMOVED BY MOD>It's very ugly and unreal... Hoping you'll find out THE solution.Cheers,Tristan

What have you changed/added in the past 2 weeks?The white objects are trees that are missing their textures. Try disabling any addon scenery you have added recently, even if it's not in the same part of the world, and test.Also test during different seasons. Texture issues, particularly trees, can be seasonal.I am not sure about the second pic, can't really make out the problem. When posting these kinds of screenshots it's best to go into 2D panel view and press W twice to remove the panel and gauges, then slew around to get a clean pic of the problem. Learn the slew commands for pitch, 9 and 0 at the top of the keyboard, if you don't already know them.Post back with your test results.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest Tristanestac

Many thanks for your help !So I've tried to change season but the problem of the tree's missing texture stills here. I've also tried to disable the last sceneries in the library but doesn't work. May be someone can give me the tree's texture files and it will work again ?! For the second problem I've done what you wanted here is the screen. We can see that the missing textures are replaced by invisible crosses :<OVERSIZED IMAGE REMOVED BY MOD>

Guest Terry.S

HiYou may want to try this link below from a problem I had with 9 dragons Kai Tak, which related to missing tree textures. There's some great advice to help you through your problem. In my case it was another scenery that caused the problem. As Joe has pointed out, its worth disabling any new scenery you may have installed recently. Just to try and see if its giving you the missing tree textures. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...&hl=Terry.SEveryone was a great help with resolving the problem for me .Good luck

Tristan,Thanks for the better pic, sure helps these old eyes out.It appears you are missing the default tree textures.They are , or should be, located in the main FS9 texture folder. There are 5 of them...treesFA.bmptreesHW.bmptreesSP.bmptreesSU.bmptreesWI.bmpTo restore these with the originals, look on disc#2 for MSGAME3.cab in Windows Explorer.You can extract them with any unzip utility including the one that's part of Windows.Post back with your test results.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest Tristanestac

That was it ! Missing trees textures ! I'v asked someone to send me the 5 files and it was perfect !Many many many many thanks to you both. :(