Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

New Eaglesoft DA-42

Anyone tried the new DA-42 From Eaglesoft. Performance and FPS reports?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have it. It looks nice and flying it is very enjoyable. Frames are no problem.important: its autopilot woks only if you load it in 2D panel!Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I have it. It looks nice and flying it is very enjoyable. Frames are no problem.important: its autopilot woks only if you load it in 2D panel!Michael
Do you mean that you have to fly in 2D or can it be used from the virtural cockpit.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

At least for the time being. A 'fix' has been found and implemented which will remove the "2d panel load first" requirement, and will be rolled into the next "Hotfix" package... which is being tested today...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Of course you can fly it in VC, you only have to load it in 2D panel.Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

The just released FSX Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 Twin Star Hotfix 1.2 eliminates the requirement to load in 2D Cockpit view first. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The just released FSX Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 Twin Star Hotfix 1.2 eliminates the requirement to load in 2D Cockpit view first. :(
RonDo you have to load a default FSX plane first or can you load the DA42 straight away?Will this "hotfix" be applied to other ES planes as necessary?ThanksPeterH

RonDo you have to load a default FSX plane first or can you load the DA42 straight away?Will this "hotfix" be applied to other ES planes as necessary?ThanksPeterH
Peter, the answer is that there is no requirement to load a default aircraft in 2D View with our FSX DA42 Twin Star Hotfix 1.2Perhaps over time we can revisit our other aircraft but we are pretty busy working on upcoming projects so it won't be a quick revision process.Just a note on loading default aircraft prior to addon aircraft. The benefit of that process to simmers is that the sim itself initializes properly on first load of a session.Selection of an addon aircraft after the sim has initialized properly helps insure that the session will go as planned. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Just a note on loading default aircraft prior to addon aircraft. The benefit of that process to simmers is that the sim itself initializes properly on first load of a session.Selection of an addon aircraft after the sim has initialized properly helps insure that the session will go as planned. :(
Does that also apply to saved flights?ie start flight with default, select addon, save, next day load saved flight with addon or start with default first and then load saved flight?I can never be sure which is preferable.thanks

I'm very interested in purchasing the DA-42 as I will also be doing the majority of my MEL training in one. But would also like to grab the mindstar G1000 to drop in, but before I do does anyone out there have any pictures of the mindstar in the DA-42's VC? I'm curious how good it looks, how smooth the gauges, and if it's really worth it over the standard ESDG G1000. Anyone out there have the combo? Would really appreciate it! ThanksTy53650

Does that also apply to saved flights?ie start flight with default, select addon, save, next day load saved flight with addon or start with default first and then load saved flight?I can never be sure which is preferable.thanks
We are all creatures of habit.My own habit regardless of sim version is to load a default airctaft in 2D View with engine running and save that as my default flight.Next session loads the default flight as outlined and sim is properly intialized.Now I can select whatever addon I'm flying or testing at a location of choice and save with a name such as DA42 KCMI...Close session and whenever I return the sim loads the default flight. I then select the saved DA42 KCMI and everything is golden.I've never had a problem with sim or addon initialization using this method in over ten years now. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

In fact, if someone could just post a closer shot of the DA-42 VC I would be most appreciative, preferably from the pilots POV. The screen shots on Eaglesofts page are always so far away and don't show the detail I'm after. I'd really like to give her a try, but if the VC textures/modeling is similar to the previous projects I may have to hold off. Plus the Iris version's VC looks awfully nice, but from past experiences I'd imagine the Eaglesoft version is the front runner in every other aspect besides VC modeling. Thanks again, and congrats on another release!

In fact, if someone could just post a closer shot of the DA-42 VC I would be most appreciative, preferably from the pilots POV. The screen shots on Eaglesofts page are always so far away and don't show the detail I'm after. I'd really like to give her a try, but if the VC textures/modeling is similar to the previous projects I may have to hold off. Plus the Iris version's VC looks awfully nice, but from past experiences I'd imagine the Eaglesoft version is the front runner in every other aspect besides VC modeling. Thanks again, and congrats on another release!
Screenshots rarely do any project justice including the other vendor you mention.I happen to own that project and the differences between their shots and actual in sim appearance is very obvious.Have doubts about our VC? By all means pass. The other alternative is to buy it, try it, and if not satisfied, obtain a full refund within 30 days. :(Edit: Here's a link to a customer shot in our forum: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic...f=91&t=3158Registration and login required.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png