Sign in to follow this  
RSorochak

The Hawaiian Islands - Kauai Photoscenery

Some of you may remember my Kauai Demo scenery from last December. Well, after about about 400 man hours of work, the Kauai photoscenery is finally completed. My first island was tiny Niihau (available here); Kauai is the second. For the moment, Kauai is available as a single large (421MB) download at LOCKONFILES.COM. Tom Weiss, the website's owner, has an exclusive on it for a bit as my way of saying thanks for all his help in testing and general support of the project. You have to be registered (easily accomplished) at Lockonfiles in order to download.I will, however, be uploading it here as well early next week for those of you who would rather wait. I have benefited a great deal from the forums and Download section here at AvSim and would like to contribute as well.These are primarily daytime textures, though I added night textures to make dusk and dawn flights more visually appealing. Some buildings and trees have been added--primarily around airports--to make landings and takeoffs a bit more interesting. Airport runways have been moved and reoriented where necessary to match the imagery.Here are a few screens from the project:Over Lihue:Kauai_Screens-01.jpgUnlike tiny Niihau, Kauai's foliage is lush and beautiful:Kauai_Screens-02.jpgOver Port Allen at sunset:Kauai_Screens-03.jpgLast light:Kauai_Screens-04.jpgHope you enjoy the scenery.Rich

Very nicely done!Thanks!!!!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest NoNewMessages

Excellent, Rich! I was wondering a bit about the progress.Coupled with FS Dreamteam showing preview pics of their Lihue airport (PHLI) qualifies this as an Alohhaaa BABY day!

Wow those shots look really great Rich. Looks like you did a really nice job on the night textures as well.Any chance you may want to try south Florida next? :(

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest NoNewMessages

Just had a nice, slow flight around "The Garden Isle" IIRC and Rich has done some real nice work here. Kept looking for the airport plateaus that plague Lihue and Princeville, but Rich blended those areas in nicely. A most enjoyable flight!

Just want to bump this to let people know that The Hawaiian Islands - Kauai is now available here at AvSim, too. I just got through uploading it. It's split into five sections due to this site's 100MB restriction on files. Instructions on recombining the files and installing are included with the scenery.Enjoy.Rich

Awesome work Rich was waiting for your files to be available here at avsim its in perfect time also with the progress work from fsdreamteams Lihue airport http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3206.0 hopefully there are not any issue's with your project and theres, when it comes out. thanks again for a great package!.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thanks guys. Just wish we could upload large files without breaking them up. It'd make installation for the uninitiated a bit easier. Oh well. It is what it is.

fsdreamteams Lihue airport http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3206.0 hopefully there are not any issue's with your project and theres, when it comes out.
We'll have to wait and see. If they move elements of the default airport, then there could be a few issues. Otherwise...Rich

Thanks guys. Just wish we could upload large files without breaking them up. It'd make installation for the uninitiated a bit easier. Oh well. It is what it is.We'll have to wait and see. If they move elements of the default airport, then there could be a few issues. Otherwise...Rich
Thanks Rich, I had thought avsim had a higher limit? was flying a bit around Kauai had alot of fun. :( thats true I could see some issues if they move the airport from were the default scenery is.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Have you managed to clean up the clouds that plague all Kauai ortophotos? Can someone please confirm the presence or lack of clouds on the photoscenery?The images look really wonderful. This by the way means that apart from the Big Island there is now decent photoscenery coverage of the entire island chain. Thank you very much for you work and effort.Alex

By the way I have the uninhabitted island of Kaho'olawe available in cloudfree format as well in case anybody was interested but actuallz forgot that Lanai has not been done yet...FsGenesis has a patch at their sight available that corrects all the airport plateaus on the islands including the great number of tiny airstrips on the Big Island.

Great job Rich. I tried it out today and it looks just as I remembered the place. Maybe if I got low enough I could see myself on the beach just outside of Napali. Thank you!

Have you managed to clean up the clouds that plague all Kauai ortophotos? Can someone please confirm the presence or lack of clouds on the photoscenery?
The scenery is cloud free.And thanks again, folks, for the kind words.Rich