Sign in to follow this  
Arjun_Dayal_Mathur

Barefoot Bandit ! Airplane Thief

Hi All , I just switched on my TV and saw on a Local Indian News Channel "A teenager , aviation hobbyist learns to fly aircrafts from GAME , reads their manual and fly them away"here is a recent link i googled on the same case :http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...W9tcUk_t1u8NQbAI always knew Ms Flight Simulator is enough to teach an amateur to learn and fly a Jumbo , but never thought it would come in use this way ...... of course sources say that he learned from Video Game (Everyone knows which one) , but he could actually learn and fly 5 different airplanes...He stole those airplanes sniffing from the airport authority/ATC/COPS and crashed them in different locations...Wooooo !!

*Crashed them in different locations*I've been saying that flight sims can't prepare you for the landing phase of flight, especially! There's proof. Though how he crashed all of them with no injury puzzles me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Poor ###### got caught, I was actually rooting for the kid, like a modern day John Dillinger.outlaw,Ethically questionable.....Way too cool to diss, the kid does what most people dream about (Living life as the ultimate bad-boy, nobody can touch you cause you're the best around). All Good things come to an end, he's got some years in jail ahead of him, if not the rest of his life.

Somehow I just can't see "rooting" for a completely amoral sociopath who's actions endangered the lives of many, many people. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The same can be of John Dillinger:He's been considered an American Hero by many many people of that era. he made a fool of the then young Federal Bureau of Investigation.Curious how qualified you are to speak of a persons psychological profile or being, do you practice Psychiatry, or Psychology?

Somehow I just can't see "rooting" for a completely amoral sociopath who's actions endangered the lives of many, many people. :(

Nothing good can come from this. IBTL

*Crashed them in different locations*I've been saying that flight sims can't prepare you for the landing phase of flight, especially! There's proof. Though how he crashed all of them with no injury puzzles me.
Since he stole them, he couldn't very well land at an airport now without getting caught. BTW, I am not a pilot and I landed a TF-51D Mustang! Check my video on my youtube channel.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual defines a sociopath a someone with "...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others". I think this thief has demonstated what he is.Imcidentally, he's not "the best" - he's been caught. Let's hope he goes down for a long time.

Disregard for.....who?The airplanes he stole, their owners?Rich mans toys (I am poor, I love aviation with all my heart, but you either love it with your all or you have lots of money or both) The cessna 400 owner will likely be okay.Breaking into homes and stealing what's needed for survival.The behavior denotes manners of disregard, but in many acts it's clear he shows regard to his victims by taking what he needs. This is NOT the behavior of a sociopath.That's not to say stealing is right, but it doesn't make somebody a sociopath. A sociopath does what he wants, to the extreme: Complete and total disregard for life and property of others. The kid isn't a sociopath, if you use such labels - you should understand the people and behaviors associated with them.Stealing cars airplanes and boats to get from point a to point b, and stealing food does not a sociopath make.Another perspective:That Cessna 400 owner/'s Gained in the US market profitting the US GDP which is already way more than it's worth. Because the US takes this giant chunk of the worlds economy for itself many people are going to starve to death. They are worthless because the US product is nearly always more desirable, but they're kicked to the dirt because we charge so much that we absorb the better portion of the world's market screwing it for these poor people.All american citizens are guilty, but who's to say anyone's going to own up to that? Americans through their rich lifestyle show blatant disregard for the rights of othersAre We all sociopaths?...That cessna Corvalis could have fed So many families and provided several wells for clean water.Instead it was crashed by some kid. As you can see, the blatant disregard of rights didn't start with the kid.

The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual defines a sociopath a someone with "...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others". I think this thief has demonstated what he is.Imcidentally, he's not "the best" - he's been caught. Let's hope he goes down for a long time.

I'm not sure where they're getting that 'genius' tag from, he wasn't smart enough to figure out how to land anything intact, and he wasn't smart enough to evade being caught. These are hardly the hallmarks of a genius.There's only one really cool and legendary criminal genius in aviation, and that's Dan 'DB' Cooper.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Disregard for.....who?The airplanes he stole, their owners?Rich mans toys (I am poor, I love aviation with all my heart, but you either love it with your all or you have lots of money or both) The cessna 400 owner will likely be okay.Breaking into homes and stealing what's needed for survival.The behavior denotes manners of disregard, but in many acts it's clear he shows regard to his victims by taking what he needs. This is NOT the behavior of a sociopath.That's not to say stealing is right, but it doesn't make somebody a sociopath. A sociopath does what he wants, to the extreme: Complete and total disregard for life and property of others. The kid isn't a sociopath, if you use such labels - you should understand the people and behaviors associated with them.Stealing cars airplanes and boats to get from point a to point b, and stealing food does not a sociopath make.Another perspective:That Cessna 400 owner/'s Gained in the US market profitting the US GDP which is already way more than it's worth. Because the US takes this giant chunk of the worlds economy for itself many people are going to starve to death. They are worthless because the US product is nearly always more desirable, but they're kicked to the dirt because we charge so much that we absorb the better portion of the world's market screwing it for these poor people.All american citizens are guilty, but who's to say anyone's going to own up to that? Americans through their rich lifestyle show blatant disregard for the rights of othersAre We all sociopaths?...That cessna Corvalis could have fed So many families and provided several wells for clean water.Instead it was crashed by some kid. As you can see, the blatant disregard of rights didn't start with the kid.
That's an interesting defence of a theft and a thief. Let me know where you live and I'll come round and steal from you - OK?

Sounds like a Plan, I'll be sure to visit you and take some items equal in value :( We can call it mutual stealing and.......well maybe that's just trading, economics I guess. I never said stealing was right, I never said he shouldn't go to jail or he's not going to get what's coming. Then again.....I won't sit around and preach that stealing is wrong, because as an American I've depreciated human rights through a gross over-use of resources and indulgance. I've stolen from every person who has ever died of hunger, you have too.Life - an unalienable right, as its put. They died, in part of your work and indulgance in life. It's pretty heavy burden that no one cares to think about because you weren't there with them as they died, not your fault right?.................right?that one kid participated with us until he went the other way and started taking the luxuries from people, that's the point were he stops contributing to the American way and is a "Sociopath".......honestly, which one is worse? Everyone living in a western country with a stable income and nice things is guilty of this stuff.Anyone making over 50 grand (100 for families) may as well be labeled greedy and working in self interest. (We have lots of greedy people in america, your time is always worth more money!!!) Infact unless you live in california, most of the time 50 grand is way overkill, especially in the midwest.(Shrugs)edit:I'll put on my Pancho, I'm sure there's going to be a down poor over my "non-comforming" views.

That's an interesting defence of a theft and a thief. Let me know where you live and I'll come round and steal from you - OK?

Please provide examples of the 'many, many people' who were 'endangered'. Based on all public information regarding this case... there seems to be no endangerment to any individual(s) outside the kid himself.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69